1.    #1  
    As noted from my sig, I've been a long time Palm/Treo user - currently with the 700P.

I've been holding out for the new wizbang Treo... to find that I can't migrate my legacy apps to it, and can't use it on Verizon (which I like and am locked in to with a family share plan).

Bought a BB curve on Friday, and spent all weekend migrating data and apps.

Honestly, the old Palm user interface was much better. But, this little (and sure feels better in my pocket than the 700P) device does everything it's supposed to with no crashes and those dreaded freezes.

After 12 years... I've gone to the dark side. I wish Palm the best of luck - maybe someday I'll come back.

Ta
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    I recently walked away from my 700P and Palm forever. More than 10 years using Palm products but between the 700P hardware issues and any software products just not keeping up, I transitioned to the Blackberry Storm.

Not looking back either...

b.b.
    You have to do what you have to do. I am still waiting for the new wizbang Treo, running palm OS with WiFi.
    Maybe you 700P users should have tried a Centro. Smaller than the Curve and more stable (and faster) than the 700P. A Centro running Chattermail is much better for email than a Curve too.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Maybe you 700P users should have tried a Centro. Smaller than the Curve and more stable (and faster) than the 700P. A Centro running Chattermail is much better for email than a Curve too.
    See, I just can't stay away from these forums!!! Like a salmon going upstream....

Yeah, I looked at the Centro. And looked again, and again. Must've gone to the Verizon store a half dozen times to play with it. But, it's just... too small.

I did love Chattermail. I've got the gmail app on the Curve. I can live with the 15 minute email delay, and it's pretty much like the Gmail browser on my PC.

It's taken a few weeks of customization and apps migration, but the Curve is second nature to me now. And damn it's stable....
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    HOW did you manage to transition...if i thought i knew what to do for sure, i may venture away next time I need the 700p replaced. I sync to the palm desktop software, not outlook right now, which is why i'm nervous about migrating my data. advice?