1.    #1  
    I've been a faithful, devoted Palm customer for years, starting with my 650, through the 700w, and my 750 (two of 'em) over the last several years.

But you blew it Palm. I'm tired of waiting. Begging. Living with old tech while everyone around me has cool stuff. Cheaper. Got my son an LG VU for Christmas, and after playing with it, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I can have all the flexibility I need via WM on the Omnia, a cool, easy to use touch interface, Wifi, GPS, and a ton more.

You've lost a customer, you idiots at Palm.

----------------------------------------------------------------

That said, mucho praise, thanks, and warm wishes to all of you here who have been indispensible resources, friends, and fellow enthusiasts. I never could have made my 750 what it was without you guys. I wish you all well, and a Happy New Year!

Dave
    That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing, for all the above reasons. However the straw in the case of this particular camel's back was the omnia's slightly more grown-up camera compared to the otherwise lovely Palm's toy camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwallersv View Post
    I've been a faithful, devoted Palm customer for years, starting with my 650...
    This made me chuckle - faithful, devoted, for years - almost the length of a single presidential term!
    That's still years though, LOL! Seriously the 650 seems old now so it does feel like "years". I also think it is a little older than a term.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That's still years though, LOL! Seriously the 650 seems old now so it does feel like "years". I also think it is a little older than a term.
    It was released first by Sprint in Dec 2004 - 4 years ago this month. GSM versions didn't come out until Feb 05 (less than 4 years ago) and Verizon didn't get the 650 until after Sprint's 6 month exclusive for CDMA in May 05. Still, those times are pretty close to a term - and certainly longer than Nixon's second term.

To me "devoted for years" would be a Visorphone or maybe a Treo 180 user. Perhaps a Treo 300 user would qualify as "loyal" (6 years ago in 2002), but a Treo 600 user would only be "serious" (5 years this month) assuming they got their hands on the phone on the release date. Folks that started with the Treo 650 are, perhaps, "consistent" on that relative scale.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I've been a faithful, devoted Palm customer for years, starting with my 650, through the 700w, and my 750 (two of 'em) over the last several years.

But you blew it Palm. I'm tired of waiting. Begging. Living with old tech while everyone around me has cool stuff. Cheaper. Got my son an LG VU for Christmas, and after playing with it, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I can have all the flexibility I need via WM on the Omnia, a cool, easy to use touch interface, Wifi, GPS, and a ton more.

You've lost a customer, you idiots at Palm.

----------------------------------------------------------------

That said, mucho praise, thanks, and warm wishes to all of you here who have been indispensible resources, friends, and fellow enthusiasts. I never could have made my 750 what it was without you guys. I wish you all well, and a Happy New Year!

Dave
    Since you're now a proud Omnia owner, may I suggest two excellent WM releated sites: PPCGeeks and WMexperts
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

How is the Omnia? Isn't like the Instinct/Behold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It was released first by Sprint in Dec 2004 - 4 years ago this month. GSM versions didn't come out until Feb 05 (less than 4 years ago) and Verizon didn't get the 650 until after Sprint's 6 month exclusive for CDMA in May 05. Still, those times are pretty close to a term - and certainly longer than Nixon's second term.

To me "devoted for years" would be a Visorphone or maybe a Treo 180 user. Perhaps a Treo 300 user would qualify as "loyal" (6 years ago in 2002), but a Treo 600 user would only be "serious" (5 years this month) assuming they got their hands on the phone on the release date. Folks that started with the Treo 650 are, perhaps, "consistent" on that relative scale.
    I know you're likely correct with the dates. I just think it was said due to the 650 appearing old, compared with all these newer phones.

Seriously the 650 now seems a bit ancient. When I first got it, it was the hottest thing in the store. Now I don't even see them for sale on Craig's that much anymore. It does seem a little like "years" to me also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Similar, but with WM6.1.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    Since you're now a proud Omnia owner, may I suggest two excellent WM releated sites: PPCGeeks and WMexperts
    Not yet... waiting for AT&T to release it as their rebranded "Mirage". I'm eligible for an upgrade cheap, so I'll be able to pick up the 8GB version for a centibuck. Should come out in the next two months, according to sources :-)

'Till then, I'm still using my heavily customized and tweaked 750 -- now just barely enduring it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I checked out the instinct, and extensively researched online reviews of all these WM devices in their class.

It's a nice model, but the Omnia edges it out in a variety of ways. I upgrade my phone technology only every few years (unlike some people!), so I make a careful decision when I do.

Palm has simply allowed themselves to be utterly left behind by the competition. They owned the market back in the days of the 650, and everyone was copying them (for good reason). Now, all we get are plans for stuff when their competitors are selling next-gen tech. I'm ready to upgrade, my 750 is now slow, has a display several tech generations old and lame, and is missing many features standard on phones today.

The iPhone set a new standard. There's plenty of competition that already is on-board (Diamond, Insight, Omnia, and a plethora of others). What's Palm doing? Selling Treos and Centros.

Please.
    Not yet... waiting for AT&T to release it as their rebranded "Mirage". I'm eligible for an upgrade cheap, so I'll be able to pick up the 8GB version for a centibuck. Should come out in the next two months, according to sources :-)
    Two black slab samsungs running "touch-wiz" on at&t? I dont' doubt your source in its claim to an death star sponsered omnia, but from an average comsumer standpoint, the devices (Eternity&Omnia) are nearly identicle in appearance; OS not withstanding. I'd love to see a GSM Omnia just for the exposure, but i can't help but feel that we won't see it subsidy on at&t.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!