1.    #1  
    Welcome back to the Smartphone Round Robin! Casey Chan over at our sister site Android Central has been using the Palm Treo Pro in the last round of the Round Robin. Casey is now finished with the Treo Pro and has written up his final review.

Casey liked the Treo Pro's hardware and said:

It is very much a modern device that captures the taste of the current generation's design-glossy, flush screen, attractive buttons-the Palm Treo Pro certainly looks better than any Palm before it and most current phones. Though it doesn't reach the iPhone or Bold level of sexiness, it's no more than a notch or two below.
    I agree with Casey on that except for the part about the Bold. I find the Treo Pro just as sexy as the Bold. And I love the hardware on the iPhone 3G, Bold, and Treo Pro.

Read more

Start commenting for your chance to win a Treo Pro! Good luck everyone!!

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    Last edited by Jennifer Chappell; 12/26/2008 at 02:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Welcome back to the Smartphone Round Robin! Casey Chan over at our sister site Android Central has been using the Palm Treo Pro in the last round of the Round Robin. Casey is now finished with the Treo Pro and has written up his final review.

Casey liked the Treo Pro's hardware and said:

I agree with Casey on that except for the part about the Bold. I find the Treo Pro just as sexy as the Bold. And I love the hardware on the iPhone 3G, Bold, and Treo Pro.

Read more

Start commenting for your chance to win a Treo Pro! Good luck everyone!!

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    i hope new palm 2.0 is even sexier than tp!
    I had previously overlooked this:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1968-2.htm

Kinda nice Visual Comparison.
    Just call me Berd.
    I feel the Treo Pro is by far the most sleek and most impressive Treo yet. As an owner of a 750 with WM6, which I do love dearly, I can definitley see the marked improvement in hardware and software offered by this excellent smartphone...and I reall yhope to get my hands on one soon

My only fear is without a subsidy from a US carrier, the unlocked approximate $500 price tag may very well be a death knell for this excellent smartphone. It deserves a better fate than that.

As for the Bold, it is an impressive phone, too. The 480x480 screen is absolutley gorgeous. If RIM had incorporated the Storms touchscreen onto the Bold with its full Qwerty, I think Blackberry would have their ultimate professional phone with prosumer cross appeal.

The iPhone is the iPhone..and if music and video and playing games on your phone is your thing, well you really cannot beat it. If you are a heavy professional user and like a great smartphone that can do it all in the work field but also offers cool paly time apps (like slingbox mobile) and you are a big laptop teatherer...than the Treo Pro seems like the best phone out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakemcbride21 View Post
    I feel the Treo Pro is by far the most sleek and most impressive Treo yet. As an owner of a 750 with WM6, which I do love dearly, I can definitley see the marked improvement in hardware and software offered by this excellent smartphone...clip...the Treo Pro seems like the best phone out there.
    It's nice to hear when ones are excited about the Treo Pro.
    You should post over here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175027
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Compared to older Treos the Pro is quite seductive. The smooth lines and flush screen feel good, and only the Centro is lighter among Treos. The Pro is the same weight as the iPhone which doesn't have a swappable battery or data card. But turn the Pro on and it is not so inviting with its smallish screen, cramped keyboard and clunky Windows interface. It may be the most versatile of the round robin devices, though, in that it can do nearly everything the others can do but misses some of the task-specific grace. I think of it as the swiss army knife of smartphones.
    Pre-what?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It's nice to hear when ones are excited about the Treo Pro.
    You should post over here:
    I am mostly on the 'nauts and mytreo forums, but will definitely start surfing and posting around here (I am an IT director who also is in charge of our cell phone accounts with AT&T and Verizon, so I get to play with a bunch of different phones ranging from BB's., tilts, iphones, and my treos thru the yrs.. 650, 700p, 750).

As for the Treo Pro threads, definitely will be posting there if I happen to luck into one...wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean Treocentral? LOL
    After further review of Casey's review, it seems the one glaring "hate" that really stuck out was the WM 6 OS.

While admittedly a bear of an OS at first, it runs fairly well on my 750 and I imagine even more so with the addd RAM on the Pro.

Also, if you add SPB Mobile Shell (a must for any WM6 device i think), the WM6 OS becomes a very elegant looking OS with very easy and eye pleasing swiping motions between screens and apps (as opposed to the awful Today Screen).

In addition, as KeyCaps was to the Palm OS, Magic Keyboard is to WM6..another must have.

When added to the Pro, I bet the reviews would have been even better.

All of the other "negative" points tend to be more of a matter of taste. I LOVE my 750 keyboard..and I imagine the Pro's keyboard may take a little getting used to, but I can also type quie efficiently on a Centro, and the Pro is somewhere between the two, so I wouldn;t expect much issue with it.

That being said, I HATE the iPhone's virtual keyboard (and any one for that matter). I also HATE how the Tilt and other slide phones implement their keyboards. The Treo form factor (and Blackberry a close 2nd) on their Qwerty's are the best IMO.

Again, my opinion and if I were to write a review on the iPhone I would probably give their keyboard a grade of "C" where others would give it a "B" or an "A". But thats a matter of taste
    Last edited by bakemcbride21; 12/30/2008 at 09:23 AM.
    Just want to wish everyone a Hapy New Year and thank the Round Robin for their helpful reviews and for sponsoring such a great contest (along with their sponsors)!
    In spite of his open affection for android Casey was very fair to the PRO. The Sega comparison is probably very accurate until now... let's hope NOVA is fantastic.
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3