Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My time with the iPhone 3G in the Round Robin is up and I've posted my final review. I really like the iPhone 3G and I'm glad that I get to keep it since it's mine. It was hard giving back the BlackBerry Bold and the other cool smartphones.

Start posting to automatically be entered into the contest! Good luck!!!

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Argh... I must admit, this is one of the few devices that tempts me away from the Treo form factor. As much as I'm not a fan of ATT service/reception in my area, I would still be tempted to switch if I could only get monthly minutes and services (sms, data, etc) that were as cheap as Sprint... ATT is just too expensive. =(
    If it weren't exclusive to ATT, I'd have it.
    If it could do some of the things I use a lot on my treo pro (BT tethering, A2DP, streaming audio like Kinoma, cut & paste, support for TomTom or Garmin) I would consider it
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    "I guess I'll be switching between my Centro, Treo Pro and my iPhone 3G after the Round Robin"

That's awesome. And since you're on AT&T and have a exchange server, your contacts, calendar, and PHONE number easily follow you to either of the phones.

I reluctantly switched to the at&t for the iPhone after being a long time CDMA customer (Sprint then Verizon) and I'm still enjoying the flexibility to get with sim cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    If it weren't exclusive to ATT, I'd have it.
    Same here. I'm amazed that the iPhone has done so well restricted to one carrier. I read that it recently outsold Blackberry which is on nearly every carrier. That says something about how good the iPhone is.
    I'd love to have it. It does everything that i want from my device except tethering. but it sucks that AT&T exclusive.... I'll just sit and use my treo 800w and save tons of money every year.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    I'd love to have it. It does everything that i want from my device except tethering. but it sucks that AT&T exclusive.... I'll just sit and use my treo 800w and save tons of money every year.
    Aha! I knew I'd forgotten to mention something in my review in the gripes area. I hope that Apple will change their policy on that with the next iPhone.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    If it could do some of the things I use a lot on my treo pro (BT tethering, A2DP, streaming audio like Kinoma, cut & paste, support for TomTom or Garmin) I would consider it
    Yep, the BT tethering and the cut & paste are problems for a lot of "would be" iPhone buyers. If my Centro and Treo Pro had a larger screen and the multi-touch and a web browser like Safari, they would be the perfect perfect smartphones. I still love them the way they are, but it would be nice if those things were improved.
    I think another con to the iPhone is AT&T. Too bad you can't get the iPhone on the other networks.
    I have a Treo Pro, multiple other WM devices, and an iPhone 3G. The ONLY thing I miss about the iPhone 3G is the different Location based services apps such as yelp, which makes it easy to find good restaurants in your area when you're out and about in large cities like Chicago.
    What a great look at the iPhone.
    I'm really hoping Palm is able to deliver with Nova.
    Bridging the gap between iPhone fun and Treo practical would make for a great device!
    I hope Palm delivers as well! My 750 has been a great smartphone but I would prefer a Palm OS smartphone with 3G capability and killer apps! If Palm doesn't deliver the WOW factor next month, then my next 3G phone will come from Apple...

...enough said.
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    A2DP is a funny one - I get to see a lot of the research carried out by companies who are developing mobile devices and it never comes up, never, nobody asks for it but it comes up a lot in forums like this one.

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    yeah, the lack of A2DP is almost a non-starter for me. I've become so accustomed to using it in my car and on my new Moto headphones that I don't think I could do without it.
    I don't understand why don't make the iphone just a tad thicker and increase the battery life. it would make it much more convenient.
    ...here's hoping I win the Treo Pro! Merry Xmas everyone!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Merry Christmas Jennifer!!

Thanks for the final review, I was surprised how I got the same thoughts and feelings about the iPhone as you. (Almost to the the dot.)

So I won't repeat what you already said and everybody knows (well almost, iPhone fans won't agree) The only thing I want to mention is that I would it love if your final review was from YOUR Treo point of view.

Yes, I know there are very few things to compare but a lot of non-iPhone people are interested to know what a BB, WM or Palm person feels when it gets in contact with the iPhone, as well as to know what the iPhone user learns that is not in their phone.

I'm not bashing the iphone, for the contrary I believe that what it does is fantastic. And the reason they are out selling other phones is very simple, there are more people in the world interested in entertainment that people interest in work. (plus the maketing genius of Steve)

That doesn't make it better, it just makes it different, thare are a lot more people driving Toyotas than Jaguars not becasue the Toyota is better but because it provides the basic transportation everyone needs. The extra bells and wistles in the Jaguar are needed for a lesser number of people that can't live without them.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thank you for the excellent review!! I think if the correct the A2DP thing and the user replaceable battery, I'd want one of these! Anyone get an Iphone 3G or Treo Pro for Christmas?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    here is hoping to win iphone 3g
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast