1.    #1  
    My work is forcing everyone to join their Corp plan and they'll buy equipment for anyone who needs it and / or has hardware that is not supported. My Treo 755p is not supported and I don't want to go back to Windows Mobile.

So what Blackberry is a good move from a Palm handheld? I'd like to stick with Sprint but this is not a deal breaker. Physical keyboard only so no Storms. Should I hold our for the 8900 series? Check out the Bold? or just get a 8800 series and move on with life.

Thanks, Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Curve at a minimum, but a bold is much nicer. You be pleased with the stability and battery life of the blackberries. You'll be disappointed in the software when you first get it. Eventually, you may take the time to figure out how to fully use your blackberry ... then you'll never look back.
    Yes, what Lupe said. There is supposed to be a "Bold" on Sprint later this year as well as the CDMA 8900. But if you need something in the next few months on Sprint, its the Curve.
  4.    #4  
    I may go with the 8900 on T-Mobile. But I cannot believe the 8900 is not 3G. Is the Bold the only 3G GSM Blackberry?

Any time frame for a CDMA Bold? I have til May to move to a corporate account. I'm going to see what they are going to offer me as of right now and take it from there.

I guess i'll be on crackberry soon to get some hints and tips for the BB OS.

Thanks, Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    No timeframe on a CDMA Bold - just guesstimates - but I would be surpirsed if it gets here by May. I am actually getting a 8830 I think in the mean time until more details are available. The Curve is just too small for me (and staying with a Storm on VZW is just too expensive).
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffzill13 View Post
    I hate blackberry

Thanks for taking time to provide us with this valuable information.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I was a longtime BB user before making the switch to WM about 16 months ago. IMO, the drawbacks to BB are the inability to tweak it at the same level you can a WM device and BB's reliance on a third party server to route e-mail
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I may go with the 8900 on T-Mobile. But I cannot believe the 8900 is not 3G. Is the Bold the only 3G GSM Blackberry?
    Yes. If you are going to switch to a GSM carrier, I would recommend AT&T in any case. Otherwise the 8830 on Sprint is 3G and dual CDMA/GSM.