Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've posted my 1st look video of the iPhone 3G. I'm really enjoying the iPhone 3G so far. I love looking up all the neat apps in the App Store. There are some great free apps.

I had downloaded a nice bird watching app called iBird Explorer and had filmed some of the program to add to my video, but stupidly forgot to put that part in and didn't realize it was missing until after the whole thing was uploaded and then processed. I feel too bad and am too tired to go back and do it over. I love iBird though! It shows great Audobon like drawings of feeder birds and there are profressional photographs of the birds, plus bird songs and bird call recordings.

Anyway, I love the screen, the build quality, the operating system, the Safari web browser and the GPS. I'm sure I'd love the 3G too if I had 3G

Go ahead and start discussing here for your chance to win in the Round Robin! Good luck everyone!!!

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!!
    I could never personally use the iPhone as my primary device. However, I could possibly see an iPod Touch replacing my secondary device sometime in the future. (Currently a Nokia n800.)

That being said, the video was a good overview, though I noticed you referred to it as the iPhone Touch a few times when comparing to it, as opposed to the iPod Touch.

I'm sure everyone knows what you meant though.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 12/18/2008 at 03:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Excellent review. It's funny that Safari is head and shoulders above the other browsers. That is almost reason enough to get an iPhone.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Nice quick look. I upgraded from the 1st gen iPhone to the iPhone 3g last summer. Although I have strong 3g coverage in my area, I usually have 3g disabled. I have wifi at home, work, and even friends houses, so it's not worth the hit I take in battery life. I only turn on 3g when I'm on the road and need faster speeds. When on the road I usually have my APC mobile powerpack so battery life isn't as big of an issue.
    Great video. My family has 4 iPhones. I prefer my centro. The iPhone is great but there are still a few things stopping me from switching
    iPhone 3g is beautiful, but when I surf at the Apple store it does to weird things: 1) Safari, the best looking mobile browser with no competition to this day, will not cache a complete news story for later (out-of-signal-range reading and 2) Safari is a reset beast. Every 15 minutes or so, maybe because it is getting heavy store use. But I any company including Palm will get within striking range the iPhone design. Looking at that device is a sublime experience.
    I'm not sure I would like using the Safari browser on the iPhone. It seems like its alot of work to move, resize and touch to get to what you want to look at.
    Hope your illness passes quickly, Jennifer. I got a sore throat 2 weeks ago and am just now getting over the cold. Good thing, too, because the snow is falling in buckets today--no need for an iPhone snow scene!--and I need to shovel.

Being a Mac user I have had my eye on the iPhone since its original announcement but, as luck would have it, AT&T isn't in my area so Apple won't sell me one. Other options like buying on eBay or getting an iPod Touch are unattractive and, besides, my old Treo keeps poking along. Sure could use a Treo Pro, though!
    Goo
  10. JwY
    Once you get 3G in your area, you'll be amazed at how bad it was without it.
    The 3G on any of the phones is very nice. Jumping from Sprint's 2G to 3G roughly doubled or tripled my download speeds. But what I really want is the wi-fi on new phones which is around 10 times faster. That really opens up the internet.
    Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    Thanks for the review of the iphone Jennifer. Hope you get well soon.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    iphone 3g is a huge addiction in my opinion. yes it is not as efficient as treo and all but whatever it does, does great! as much as i use it, i just can't stop admiring it. apple so neatly thought about every single thing. yes it may not be perfect but it is very close to being. my only complaint right now is to add a real gps.
    nice vid.

The monthly plan for the iphone is so expensive!
    I'm not much for media - entertainment on a phone.
    I want a phone first, then added benefits of pda second.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm not much for media - entertainment on a phone.
    I want a phone first, then added benefits of pda second.

I have had the iPhone 3G for nearly a month and my experience it is an excellent phone. Of course I have read quite a few complaints about phone quality of it as well. Which leads me to believe it's more AT&T than the iPhone. We have good coverage in my area so I guess I'm getting good phone quality.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i too have not experienced much prob with phone quality, may be volume's a bit lower with speakerphone. one more thing started annoying was 'slide to unlock' whenever i had to dial while driving when i had to make a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    one more thing started annoying was 'slide to unlock' whenever i had to dial while driving when i had to make a call.
    Good for the iPhone. Civilized places ban phone use while driving.

Consumer Reports rated the iPhone very good for talking voice quality but only fair for listening voice quality. The Centro was good for both. Is that the way it seems to you, Jennifer?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Good for the iPhone. Civilized places ban phone use while driving.
    i see cops driving while talking! not talking on phone while driving makes a place civilized
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    i see cops driving while talking! not talking on phone while driving makes a place civilized
    Concern for others is one sign of a civilized culture. Fifty countries (including parts of India) and 6 U.S. states have strong bans on cell phone use while driving and many more are planning legislation. In at least 29 states crash investigators routinely check cell phone records. The point is that the iPhone should not be knocked for not enabling something that is illegal in many places and is rude everywhere.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast