Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No matter how great the Android OS maybe, this device it's self does NOTHING to sell me on it...I can't get over the nasty look of the device to even want to explore the OS. Gimme a nice device with Android, then we'll talk.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Just making fun of your delightful accent from the video. Only one more to go. Just be yourself and it will be great!

Anyway, really enjoyed your review. It is strange how we comment on one device for a chance to win a different one, though.

How often did you have to use the slider keyboard? Would you prefer to have Android on a Treo type device with a front keyboard and smaller screen?
    LOL, puddn. Yep, I said it the lazy way. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I'll probably do cartwheels when the last video is over with. I'm just not cut out for that stuff. Just too nervous.

I only used the slider keyboard whenever I was surfing on the Web and needed to type in a url. My contacts were automatically added whenever I logged in with my Google account so I didn't need to type any of those in.

Hmmm, that last question is a hard one. I like slider keyboards but I prefer the front keyboard. And I would always prefer a larger screen. I'm hoping that Palm will come out with a device like that. Even if it's that wild looking prototype that we saw last week, the rotating thingy.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    No matter how great the Android OS maybe, this device it's self does NOTHING to sell me on it...I can't get over the nasty look of the device to even want to explore the OS. Gimme a nice device with Android, then we'll talk.
    Hey Bla1ze! HeeHee, I get ya on the nasty look. I really didn't care for the outside of the G1 but I loved the device once I turned it on. I bet there will be some slick looking Android devices coming up. There'd better be anyway.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamina View Post
    I hope whatever Palm unveils at the 2009 CES incorporates some of the android advances!
    Me too Pamina! That's what I was thinking the whole time I spent with the G1.

So you use the stylus too every now and then, huh? You kind of have to when you're playing games on the Palm devices. I started out using a stylus so I just got used to it. I do find it handy though that Palm has made their smartphones to be very "one-handed". With a small keyboard like on the Centro, I have no trouble at all typing out texts with one hand. Very difficult on the G1 since that keyboard is so wide and since I'm right handed and that chin thing is in the way.
    If I could choose any device to be my next, it would certainly be the G1. With ease of use for all things google...this is the way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Me too Pamina! That's what I was thinking the whole time I spent with the G1.

So you use the stylus too every now and then, huh? You kind of have to when you're playing games on the Palm devices. I started out using a stylus so I just got used to it. I do find it handy though that Palm has made their smartphones to be very "one-handed". With a small keyboard like on the Centro, I have no trouble at all typing out texts with one hand. Very difficult on the G1 since that keyboard is so wide and since I'm right handed and that chin thing is in the way.
    Tee hee, I totally don't get why some people are so violent in their hatred of the stylus (I'm looking at you, Crackberry Kevin). It's so handy for precision and detail work, like drawing characters or cutting and pasting, or, most importantly, like playing solitaire (even on the awesomely one-handed Palm devices). And I'm with you on the difficulties of typing one-handed on the G1 (or any of the sliders) - my hands are just too small to hold the phone and span the keyboard at the same time (and that chin thing doesn't help either).

Anyway, can't wait to hear your thoughts on the iphone!!
    One more thought, I'm curious how you thought the actual call quality was on the G1? I've heard mediocre things about T-Mobile service in general, but I wonder if you were able to gauge the quality of the hardware itself.
    meh
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamina View Post
    One more thought, I'm curious how you thought the actual call quality was on the G1? I've heard mediocre things about T-Mobile service in general, but I wonder if you were able to gauge the quality of the hardware itself.
    I thought the call quality was pretty good. I think the iPhone's is better. It seems like the sound was lower on the G1. I can remember many times when my first generaton iPhone sounded better than my Centro.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I thought the call quality was pretty good. I think the iPhone's is better. It seems like the sound was lower on the G1. I can remember many times when my first generaton iPhone sounded better than my Centro.
    how does the gps works on g1? just like iphone, blue dot tags along whenever u move? r there any real gps options?
    thx
    i still think it's little too early to get android phone.. probably by 2nd or 3rd quarter of next year, i'll consider it again
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    As soon as HTC makes a killer front-qwerty smartphone running Android, I'll be all over it. (or maybe someone will get Android running on the Treo Pro...)
    wonder if folks will feel the same way with nova V1
    The Google bandwagon marches on...
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Hey Bla1ze! HeeHee, I get ya on the nasty look. I really didn't care for the outside of the G1 but I loved the device once I turned it on. I bet there will be some slick looking Android devices coming up. There'd better be anyway.

Lots of big players looking to release next year - motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson...
    what about privacy from google? others have harped at Apple for being able to access your device, but what about the data? Google search saves everything you do...forever. Does this device link back to them somehow? If so...no thanks.
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3
    It's okay. Google says "Don't be evil". I trust them. Just like I trust the bank with my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj$bags View Post
    what about privacy from google? others have harped at Apple for being able to access your device, but what about the data? Google search saves everything you do...forever. Does this device link back to them somehow? If so...no thanks.
    Ha, another Google conspiracy theorist!
    Pre-what?
    All of the reviews were very detailed. In the end it will come down to how one chooses to use their device ( personal, business or both). Give me a user friendly OS, more games, sirius radio please and longer battery life and I am set. What do you say Palm addicts?
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackisBack View Post
    Treo 750 now but waiting on my Palm 2.0 ultra smartphone!
    ...and it might be here soon...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast