Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Mavoz's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi,
    We have an issue at our school where the Principal needs access to 2 calendars...the common "public" school calendar (both in Microsoft Exchange)
    and his own personal calendar.

    This works perfectly in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 but is there any way to actually get some brand of PDA to also show the 2 calendars?

    We can basically buy into any platform Palm, Blackberry or Apple...but which one can do this??

    Thanks!
  2. webdave's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    #2  
    I'm not a huge fan of it but the iPhone does this pretty well.
  3. Mavoz's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of it but the iPhone does this pretty well.
    The iPhone can handle 2 calendars syncing with Exchange?

    Ok..thanks will research that...of all the phone companies I'd have thought the iphone was the least likely to handle 2 calendars via syncing with Exchange..so will be mightily impressed if it does!

    If anyone can point out a link to where it talks about this I would be very grateful!

    thanks!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    The iPhone can handle 2 calendars syncing with Exchange?

    Ok..thanks will research that...of all the phone companies I'd have thought the iphone was the least likely to handle 2 calendars via syncing with Exchange..so will be mightily impressed if it does!

    If anyone can point out a link to where it talks about this I would be very grateful!

    thanks!
    The iPhone does sync more than one calendar. I have three on my iPhone. Of course the calendars have to be with the same user.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  5. #5  
    Not exactly what you are looking for but maybe a workaround. Palm has an old application called DualDate that you might want to check out: http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...ualdate_ug.pdf
  6. webdave's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    The iPhone can handle 2 calendars syncing with Exchange?

    Ok..thanks will research that...of all the phone companies I'd have thought the iphone was the least likely to handle 2 calendars via syncing with Exchange..so will be mightily impressed if it does!

    If anyone can point out a link to where it talks about this I would be very grateful!

    thanks!
    Yes but only 1 Exchange calendar at a time. The iPhone will color code each calendar that is being used.
  7. #7  
    I use foldermirror by chapura and then either EAS with Palm or WM. but you need to leave the computer running. www.diditbetter.com has a similar server-based program.
  8. Mavoz's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I use foldermirror by chapura and then either EAS with Palm or WM. but you need to leave the computer running. www.diditbetter.com has a similar server-based program.
    Thanks for the tips! We'll look into these solutions and see how we go....

    am actually quite suprised that this feature isn't one that works 'out of the box' in Windows Mobile...I'd have thought numerous business organisations would want a shared calendar across the organisation...and then another for the individual needs of the various executives etc....all synced via PDA.

    but then maybe this is more relevant to schools where we typically have a school wide calendar...and then an admin team calendar...

    anyway...thanks again.

Posting Permissions