Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've posted my video review of the BlackBerry Bold.

Just like the Curve in last year's Round Robin, the Bold is quite impressive. The screen is beautiful and the keyboard is a pleasure to type on. During part of my first day with the Bold, I kept forgetting that it is a non-touchscreen device. I was trying to tap on the screen. All of my Palm devices have touchscreens of course and so does my iPod Touch and Nokia N810.

The cute little trackball plays a huge part in getting around on the Bold, and luckily, it's lightning fast. I'd forgotten how much I grew to love and appreciate the trackball last year when using the Curve. Because of the speedy and fun trackball, I can forgive the fact that the screen on the Bold ins't a touch screen.

So, I did get used to using a non-touchscreen device and it's not too bad. But I have to say that I prefer the Centro's home screen since I can see everything on that one screen that I want to choose from. With the Bold, I have to go to the Menu and start looking for most of the apps from there. The trackball makes it fast though. Too bad WM Treos don't have the trackball since you have to a little searching to find lots of apps on them too.

Anyway, get to posting so you can be entered into the contest! And good luck everyone!!!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    one day there will be a palm device with that track ball..made by RIM!!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Think of the power and accessibility phones could have if all the makers came together and pooled their genius.
    Too bad, it aint happening..
    Quote Originally Posted by akamaru64 View Post
    Think of the power and accessibility phones could have if all the makers came together and pooled their genius.
    Too bad, it aint happening..
    Commie.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I have to imagine the PalmOS --> BlackBerry OS migration is the most common path for former Palm users. The BB OS is responsive, like PalmOS, but stable/reliable in a way that POS never was.
    Seems like a good, all-around phone if you can get used to the aged operating system. Does it do anything better than other phones besides crunching email?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i think now b'berry also have decent media capabilities..
    Last edited by T-ulk; 11/27/2008 at 11:22 AM.
    How do you rate the bold's version of push email?
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    So how long did it take you to get used to the non touch screen. I had my 750 in a hard case with the screen covered and I could not get the hang of it at all. I tried for three days and gave up.
    Has anyone done an analysis of how many actions it takes to do common things on a non-touch screen like the Bold versus a touch screen like the Treo Pro? I know the OS affects this, too, so maybe a better comparison would be the Storm. Might be interesting to know in any case.
    Does the Crackberry Bold really have a leather battery cover, or a leather-feeling battery cover?
    So, given the choice, would you rather keep the touchscreen or the trackball? Which fits better into they way you use your phone?
    I think the screen and overall looks will sell the BOLD to the masses.
    Quote Originally Posted by irahsu View Post
    Does the Crackberry Bold really have a leather battery cover, or a leather-feeling battery cover?
    It's leather "feeling", not real leather..but in any event still feels nice.

Great review Jenn, I was looking forward to your thoughts here and they turned out pretty much how I expected...I love my Bold and like to see that others can appreciate it as well.
    I watched the video... Haha "What, what the crap! Oh yeah this is a... Non touchscreen device."
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    one day there will be a palm device with that track ball..made by RIM!!

Lol, you mean a Palm made by HTC, liscensing the BB Key board and Trackball running on Windows Mobile. lmao!!
    You seem to enjoy the BBs more and more every year, when ya making the switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by justdigphones View Post
    You seem to enjoy the BBs more and more every year, when ya making the switch?

When they fix the bugs in the Storm and she can touch the buttons lol!!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Has anyone done an analysis of how many actions it takes to do common things on a non-touch screen like the Bold versus a touch screen like the Treo Pro? I know the OS affects this, too, so maybe a better comparison would be the Storm. Might be interesting to know in any case.
    I haven't actually done an analysis of comparing the number of actions, but I noticed that it takes about the same number of steps to check your email and appointments since both smartphones display them on the home screen. I think that you might have to do an extra action to get to the SMS on the Bold though since you first have to press the Menu key and then scroll to the SMS and MMS.

With my Centro, everything is right there on the Main (All) screen and I can just click on the app that I want.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Seems like a good, all-around phone if you can get used to the aged operating system. Does it do anything better than other phones besides crunching email?
    I think that the default browser, the BB Internet Browser, is better than Blazer.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast