Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by justdigphones View Post
    You seem to enjoy the BBs more and more every year, when ya making the switch?
    I doubt if I'll make the switch but like I said last year, I wouldn't mind owning a BlackBerry as an extra phone. I really thought about getting a Bold, but I'd have to add another data plan to my AT&T account because you have to have the BB plan for the Bold and can't use the PDA data plan. If it weren't for that and I could just switch out my SIM card, I'd probably get a Bold.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackisBack View Post
    How do you rate the bold's version of push email?
    I think it's really great! I've never seen emails arrive so quickly. I see emails pop up on the Bold before they do on my desktop PC. I've sent myself emails from my other email account, and they show up instantaneously.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    So how long did it take you to get used to the non touch screen. I had my 750 in a hard case with the screen covered and I could not get the hang of it at all. I tried for three days and gave up.
    I guess it took about a day or two. I really like the trackball as it's very fast, but I still like my touchscreen devices. I'm just used to them after using them from the beginning.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Good review - the phone looks really nice. I used to ignore blackberry's but every year they get better and better - I may find myself using one before too much longer.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by st6868 View Post
    So, given the choice, would you rather keep the touchscreen or the trackball? Which fits better into they way you use your phone?
    I'll keep my touchscreen since that's what I'm used to. But, I wouldn't mind having an extra Bold on the side to use. The trackball is more fun to use than the 5-way navigator button on the Treo Pro and Centro.
    i tried the curve a couple weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. the bad part is the lack of apps that i need.
    MySport Training
    and an Alarm app?
    my mic broke on my 680 i've been holding out with a headset for 2 months waiting for the curve 8900...
    Thanks for the review .
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    The problem with a touchscreen is over some time it fogs then you buy a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    I doubt if I'll make the switch but like I said last year, I wouldn't mind owning a BlackBerry as an extra phone. I really thought about getting a Bold, but I'd have to add another data plan to my AT&T account because you have to have the BB plan for the Bold and can't use the PDA data plan. If it weren't for that and I could just switch out my SIM card, I'd probably get a Bold.
    That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    I'll keep my touchscreen since that's what I'm used to. But, I wouldn't mind having an extra Bold on the side to use. The trackball is more fun to use than the 5-way navigator button on the Treo Pro and Centro.
    Wait until you get hold of a G1 Android with touchscreen, trackball, menu key and full keyboard! And then there is voice recognition for some situations. Can there be too many choices?

I think a lot depends on how the apps are designed. Also, the nature of some activities like email in great for a trackball whereas web browsing is better on a touch screen. What we are used to is also a big factor.

With all that, the touchscreen is definitely the future. Just watch StarTrek to see!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIMECHUCK View Post
    The problem with a touchscreen is over some time it fogs then you buy a new phone.
    No, you buy a new screen protector. Good idea for any device with an exposed screen as it will get scratched and foggy over time without protection.

Trackballs require maintenance, too. The Blackberry forums are full of advice on how to clean and replace them.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    HI jennifer,
    I love your reviews and comments plus your sense of humor. You are the only one easy to follow and always have a forum thread to discuss. And most important you interact with the crowd.

This round robin thing is very hard to follow, I feel it lacks some structure, every site handles it differently.

About the Bold, I think they did everything to perfect the form factor. There is no much change they can do to their cases except make a bigger touch screen. Unfortunately their first intent,the Storm proves that they still have a long way to go.
    given that i've been using blackberries for years, the Bold is far and away the best device they've produced thus far. the LCD screen is brilliant, but the OS and interface are even better. much faster operating speed and memory made it a delight to use. the only thing that didn't work for me was its size, so back to AT&T it went.

great device for certain.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    A lot of browsers are better than the ancient blazer! C'mon Palm respond already!
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Looks like the Velocity phone to be sold by Dell will have a trackball. As far as I know that'd be the first WM phone with one.
    Global Posts
    20,078 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    When they fix the bugs in the Storm and she can touch the buttons lol!!
    Too funny.

Great review Jen. I was one to make the migration. I've never looked back.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I've been debating iPhone vs Treo Pro vs Touch Pro vs G1... and dammit, now I'm seriously considering a Bold. Haha, thanks for making my decision that much more complicated! =P
    I have also made the switch and never looked back. One thing that Jenn had a prob with was the period. That was something hard to get used to until I learned that a <space> <space> would give you a period and then the next letter would be capital. I get used to typing on the BB and then have to remeber to put periods and spaces on my comp.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Nice review
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Among the the things that are a deal breaker for me with a phone are the Keyboard and the display.

That's way I like The IPhone display and UI, that's why I rather have the keyboard of the Fuze or the Xperia.

The Bold is a great device it can't be better than what it is. But the keyboard is too small for me, and the screen is to small and no touch. In trying to make the keyboard a bit bigger they are making the phone also too wide to be comfortable.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    This is so frustrating... I'm watching this round robin series intently because I'm looking for a new phone, and each and every review makes it harder for me to decide which platform I want to jump to. Then again, its exciting that, for once, there seem to be so many great smartphone options out there! =)

I must admit, though, being a Treo user since the 300 (to 600, to 650, to 700wx), there are some weird things about the Bold that I may or may not adjust to well. I've played with it in the store a few times and in my experience:

- I keep touching the screen (haha)
    - having a visual "mouse" on-screen is annoying to me. I understand why, and how it integrates with the trackball, but... e.g., in a browser, pressing down on a 5-way would jump links or scroll the page down. I didn't like having to navigate a mouse arrow to the bottom of a page before scrolling began. Likewise, I never realized how much I appreciated "down" jumping from link to link. It takes more effort to guide an actual mouse pointer to a tiny link on a page. This also made me miss a touchscreen as I can oftentimes tap the link faster than I can scroll to it.
    - the UI is pretty on the surface, but ****-ugly in the menus... granted, that could be me just not being used to it.
    - even in the ATT store, 3G signal seemed to go in-and-out depending on which direction I was holding the phone. I've been with Sprint for 9 years, and have always been an early adopter for their speed-bump upgrades (1xRTT, EV-DO Rev 0, EV-DO Rev A)... and I'm spoiled by having decent data speeds pretty much everywhere I go. If the Bold showed up on Sprint tomorrow, though, I'd be all over it...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast