Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been using the AT&T Fuze for a few days for our 2nd Annual Smartphone Round Robin, and my time is up as I've shipped the Fuze off to the next writer who will use it in place of his regular smartphone.

Even though it's fun getting to use a new device, it's still hard not to be able to pick up my own smartphone and use it. I'm sure the other editors are feeling the same way, especially Kevin over at CrackBerry.com who has been using the Treo Pro this week. The BlackBerry Storm arrived this week and Kevin had to stick with using the Treo Pro. He's been getting plenty of help over in this contest thread in our TreoCentral forums. Kevin posted his TreoPro video review this week too.

The Round Robin is a great experience in which we get to see what it's like on the other side. Not the bad side; just the other side as I like all smartphones and all the platforms. Well, I actually haven't gotten a hold of the Android phone, the T-Mobile G1 yet, so I can't really say if I like that one or not.

Read more

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    Last edited by Jennifer Chappell; 11/21/2008 at 01:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Very nice review, and some very useful information.
    In particular, seeing how the headphones connect via mini-USB is a dealbreaker for those that want to use it as a media player. If I were to use it as a media player on the go, using that adapter would be a big negative.

Thanks for the detailed review!
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reyza View Post
    Very nice review, and some very useful information.
    In particular, seeing how the headphones connect via mini-USB is a dealbreaker for those that want to use it as a media player. If I were to use it as a media player on the go, using that adapter would be a big negative.

Thanks for the detailed review!
    Its not that bad you can use the included headset and use the adapter and just get a smaller adapter the one includes has several plugs on it.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    good review. I was pretty happy when I made the jump to WM.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I was wondering what you'd think of the screen rotation time -- you said it happened a couple times. Was it annoying?
    Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    yes I enjoyed your final review I suspect that it was the turning advanced networking that finally got you synched. I have been trying to decide between the treo pro which according to my ATT sources is coming in December sometime, the Epix and the Fuze. My ATT source locally says they have had qc issues with the Fuze but I havent heard that anywhere else. I played with an epix and like it it. They did not have a fuze in stock to play with. I am most intrigued by the higher res display of the fuze.

So still straddling the fence.
    I want a Fuze! I am only 8 months into a 2 year agreement with ATT on my Tilt and while it has been a great phone it is now dated already! I just love the better screen and smaller fit in the hand.

How did you get around with your Fuze? Case or pocket?

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the kind words!

jfa1, I can hardly bear to think about the advanced networking being the problem because I could just kick myself if that were the case. But, heehee, even if it was, at least I DID finally get the sync going.

Dieter, yep, I did find that annoying when the screen rotation lagged. But not nearly as annoying as my repeated finger swipes resulting in nothing.

Nautilus Man, I carried the Fuze in my Golla Trail pouch. The pouch is pretty much universal and I can carry any of my Palm smartphones in it and also my iPod Touch. The Fuze fit great in it. I didn't even try to carry the Fuze in my pocket since I don't normally carry my phone that way. Plus, the Fuze seems a little large to go into a pocket. I'm sure it would fit pretty well into some of the cargo pants pockets though. They seem rather roomy.
    That review is so helpful, thank you! I am driving myself crazy trying to decide between the Treo Pro and the Fuze and you hit on all the areas of concern that I have, so it was great to get those insights. Now if only you could make up my mind for me, I'd be all set!
    Thanks for sharing photos from your doctors appointment.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    I've been using the AT&T Fuze for a few days for our 2nd Annual Smartphone Round Robin, and my time is up as I've shipped the Fuze off to the next writer who will use it in place of his regular smartphone.
    You mentioned liking TouchFlo 3D on the Fuze. There's a "2D" version that was modded specifically for the Treo Pro. The thread with the link to all the files & instructions is in the Treo Pro section, here. So far, I'm lovin' it. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Bill
    Great review, Jennifer. Disappointed to hear about the lag, though. Did you use it much with TouchFLo3D turned completely off?

This mess right here was enough to turn me off, but alas, I still find a great interest in WinMob devices, even keeping a Fuze my friend had purchased for himself a few days just so that I may play with it, but the lag killed me, I enjoyed the customization options and such and some of the more media centric things that I'm not able to do with my Bold (at least not as easily), but still not enough to have me jump the BB ship, Great review Jennifer, truly looking forward to your Bold review as well, especially since Dieters impressions were improved over the Curve last year.
    I had the 8525 and didn't like the slider.
    Foooooose seems more interesting, but I still don't think I could get used to another slider.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I want the fuse. However, I'm afraid of the slider. My 750 has been a good one. So the Treo pro would be the logical choice. The fuse is hot though. Dang, I can't believe I'm this close to abandoning the Treo line. I thought the day would never come. And for a slider!
    Jennifer, I enjoyed your video. I figured I was the only TC member from the NC foothills. Plus you talk like I do. So you're ok with me.
    Very informative thread Jennifer! ...as far as the "test" you had to endure, one word of advice... less caffeine.
    Mike
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Sounds like a pretty good phone besides the lag and the headphone problems.
    If I won I think I could deal with those though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by akamaru64 View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good phone besides the lag and the headphone problems.
    If I won I think I could deal with those though :P
    yeah, nothing a good pair of bluetooth headphones couldn't cure. I would love to have a 3.5mm though just so I don't have to buy more stuff.
  19. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    yeah, nothing a good pair of bluetooth headphones couldn't cure.
    Of course, depending on how many hours of media you're playing, you may be looking at 2 sets of Bt headphones and a spare battery (plus some way to charge that spare... that may or may not be available yet)!

Then again, that's the boat I'm likely to find myself in... hmmm...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Of course, depending on how many hours of media you're playing, you may be looking at 2 sets of Bt headphones and a spare battery (plus some way to charge that spare... that may or may not be available yet)!

Then again, that's the boat I'm likely to find myself in... hmmm...
    i have been using fuze for 3 days and all i can say is the screen is amazing! as with all at&t stock roms (on all phones), fuze is little sluggish and unusable just too many useless sf..so i went to xda and decided to try a custom rom and it a whole diff phone! though there are few things i still wish to change:use zoom wheel to also scroll in diff apps, right key is so close to other keys that i still accidentally press the whole key. people say large kb is nice, but i guess i m the opp. may be i m so used to treo i just don't like spreading my fingers apart too much! all in all, i would def consider fuze than treo if not for anyhting but screen!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast