Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    i have been using fuze for 3 days and all i can say is the screen is amazing! as with all at&t stock roms (on all phones), fuze is little sluggish and unusable just too many useless sf..so i went to xda and decided to try a custom rom and it a whole diff phone! ...clip...
    Cool!

Which Rom are you using?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Very nice article! I can almost promise you that the advanced networking is the only thing that kept it from not working... I never leave that stupid option on
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I'm glad that T-Ulk was able to navigate the sometimes complicated and usually frustrating world of installing a custom ROM onto his Fuze, but it always pains me a little bit every time I read about someone updating their ROM. Make these phones run well out of the box. I know the carriers gotta shoehorn all their crappy revenue-driving apps onto the phones to raise that ARPU, but now that the iPhone is in town and Android is looming just over the horizon, it's time for that carrier philosophy to change. User experience is #1.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilR8 View Post
    I'm glad that T-Ulk was able to navigate the sometimes complicated and usually frustrating world of installing a custom ROM onto his Fuze, but it always pains me a little bit every time I read about someone updating their ROM. Make these phones run well out of the box. I know the carriers gotta shoehorn all their crappy revenue-driving apps onto the phones to raise that ARPU, but now that the iPhone is in town and Android is looming just over the horizon, it's time for that carrier philosophy to change. User experience is #1.
    i agree...even i was little nervous adding custom rom, but as it turned out it was as easy as installing a sf with wm! u just need to download 2 files and u r done..i can help if u want!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Cool!

Which Rom are you using?
    i m using this one-
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439831

no way all this custom roms are fully bug free but they r way better than stock rom.
    I am so concerned about Verizon's apparent changes to the keyboard and internal specs. I will really want to wait and see how this pans out with hands on use before I go forward with it. The phone in general sounds wonderful but I am afraid big red might have made it unusable.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I want to win a TREO
    Quote Originally Posted by jrad View Post
    I am so concerned about Verizon's apparent changes to the keyboard and internal specs. I will really want to wait and see how this pans out with hands on use before I go forward with it. The phone in general sounds wonderful but I am afraid big red might have made it unusable.
    I am with you! and i even want to see the treo pro on vzw before i make my decision , but who knows when that will happen...
    Is it better than a Blackjack?
    i m using this one-
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439831

no way all this custom roms are fully bug free but they r way better than stock rom.
    Totally Agree!

And this early out in can only get better.
    Just call me Berd.
    Is the on screen keyboard fairly responsive and easy to use for one handed use?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Looking forward to winning a free smartphone and than finding someone to show me how to turn it on. Hey I'm not dumb I know to plug it in first. Thank You so much so called customer support.
    Can the editors load their own custom rom? What are the rules on that? If they can then they should be able to jailbrake the iphone too, right? Just wondering.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Can the editors load their own custom rom? What are the rules on that? If they can then they should be able to jailbrake the iphone too, right? Just wondering.
    thats a nice idea!
    thats a nice idea!
    glad someone agrees. so whats the verdict?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    why did htc just made a zoom wheel and not a scroll wheel??
    Glad to see you liked the Fuze. I had heard similar lag in response and was a little bummed, though I could live with it. My dream is that all smartphones ship with a fast, fast processor - at least above 600mghz, would love to see 800mghz, and the day we break 1ghz wow! Liked your pic of your kitty, and again had hoped for clarity, which it seemed OK, especially that you can tell you did not use any studio lighting, so it did OK in regular light. Wish you hadn't had any issues synching as i feel Microsoft has gotten better and better over the years; be glad you didn't try with original Motorola flip smartphone - syncing was no fun then. And in the days i used the Treo flip phone, I at least did come to live the Palm sync, but alas i am now a WM friendly kinda guy. Appreciate your bravery and diligence to spin out a review on something out of your domain. Might you blog again on WM. Cheers, Mark.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Looks very nice - now that I've completely switched my life to A2DP the proprietary connectors no longer bother me.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I guess we could do that stuff. My peabrain won't be attempting any of it though.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
    Is the on screen keyboard fairly responsive and easy to use for one handed use?
    I only used the stylus when using the on screen keyboard, so I really don't know. Sorry! Maybe someone else on here who owns a Fuze can answer that one. I've already shipped it off and am using the Bold now.

From what I can recall, it seems like the onscreen keyboard keys were rather small, so I'm not sure if typing with my fingertips would have work very well. That's probably why I pulled the stylus out.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast