Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check out Jennifer's great article and video here:

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/2190-1.htm

Comment on that video in this thread for your chance to win a Treo Pro!

http://roundrobin.smartphoneexperts....est-rules.html
  2.    #2  
    ...for my part: great video, Jennifer! I agree that the lag on the Fuze can be annoying, especially compared to the Centro. You might try playing around with going into settings -> Personal -> Today and turning off the TouchFlo 3D plugin and switching to a more traditional Today Screen.
    Diamond TF3D Config fixes the lag in the forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749
    as for syncing, when you connect it to your PC make sure you click 'activesync' on the Fuze's screen or else it connnects it as an extra portable drive.
    There are a ton of tips/tweaks for it at fuzemobility - even things like enabling the FM radio tuner which is pretty neat
    That is one thing I always found with Windows Mobile device, no matter what device it was, always some amount of lag, but I guess that's typical of all devices at some point. iPhone, Bold...whatever. But hey at least the option is there to "minimize" it.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Wow, I'm really jealous that the FM radio is easily enabled on the Fuze. Stupid Sprint Touch Pro.

Also, I gotta weigh in here and say that I think TouchFlo 2D from the Opal would have been fine for these devices, and probably would run much faster. I love TF3d, but if it's lagging out of the box, dial it down a bit.
    I really really like that phone! I might consider it for my next phone. Great review!
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Thanks for doing a video review. I liked the bloopers I am trying to watch all that are available before picking up a Fuze.
    Last edited by webdave; 11/17/2008 at 09:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    The lag on the Fuze when screen orientation changes looks to be slightly longer than the Sprint version (Touch Pro). But I agree it is really annoying. The Sprint Mogul had a similar problem when it was first released. Two ROMs later it was very snappy. I do hope this is improved in AT&T and Sprint ROMs.
    I'm wondering based on Dieters info in the wmexperts podcast if killing off TF3D would improve upon the lag?.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    tf3d does improve speed but then its just a default wm phone today screen. but slide keyboard is always a deal breaker for me esp. coming if u r coming from treo.
    very nice review. i'll need to stop down to my at&t store and try it myself now. By the way, I didn't notice any accent ;-)
    I'm really curious as to how easy typing is on that KB, as well as how video looks. I really love my 800w, but that bigger screen sure is purty!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Gosh, Jennifer's accent puts a whole new spin on a phone review! Adorable. Can't say I have much more to offer about the Fuze--what kind of silly name is that?!--but I do have some thoughts on the round robin.

Count me as a doubly frustrated Palm OS and Sprint customer. I am not surprised that the Palm OS didn't make the cut this year. Although I am not a Windows Mobile fan, I have to admit that some interesting phones have hit the streets recently including the Treo Pro and Fuze (aka Touch Pro on Sprint). Worth a look, anyway, and the discussions will help to see how they stack up against the other new models.

Now, about this round robin. There are 5 forums and 5 phones but the similarities stop there. Of the 5 phones in the round robin, HTC makes 3 that I know of and Windows Mobile is on 2 of them. Seems like a stacked comparison but I guess you have to go with what is generating the buzz.

The forums range from over 450,000 members (CrackBerry) to less than 100 (Android). TreoCentral is the only forum to focus on two operating systems. Two of the forums (Android and iPhone) have only one or two phones on a single carrier whereas the others have many choices--and yet these two look to be the future. It will be interesting to see where they stand this time next year, if we still have an economy.
    You seem to have the same impression I always get from windows mobile, and the same one that was a theme last year, very pretty-lots of capabilities-very slow.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I had a Sprint Touch Pro for a week (coming from a Sprint Touch) and I found the touch screen to be way less responsive for me. I even went back and checked with another unit that Best Buy had out to demo. Same thing. Drove me nuts! Especially the OK button at the top right. Finally took it back and just reflashed my original Touch back into service. Now I wait for another alternative to emerge...
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I've been such a QWERTY bar junkie that I thought I would never get used to a slider again. But the size of the Fuze is so manageable, and that coupled with the VGA screen have won me over. At least for the moment! If a QWERTY bar with a VGA screen were released, I would probably hop ship in a moments' notice!

Your southern accent sounded just like here in the Carolinas. So I'm used to it. You do look a bit odd pecking at the screen with your index finger though. Must be that large screen as compared to the Treo... didn't know what to do with it huh?
    Last edited by sooby77; 11/18/2008 at 08:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Being a QWERTY slider junkie, I gotta say that I'm often tempted to go with something like the Treo Pro. It just looks sweet.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    ...for my part: great video, Jennifer! I agree that the lag on the Fuze can be annoying, especially compared to the Centro. You might try playing around with going into settings -> Personal -> Today and turning off the TouchFlo 3D plugin and switching to a more traditional Today Screen.
    Looks as if Dieter is going for an entry submission in the contest.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing Dieter! The Fuze is a very solid phone and I can't wait to get my Palms on it (no pun intended)
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    I have visited in the ATT store yesterday here in Ft Smith and the employees were saying that they have seen lots of issues with the fuze and numbers of people bringing them in for problems and they were recommending the epix which I played with and liked and they also said that the Treo Pro is in the computer as coming out sometime in December they would not say when or how much.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast