Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its smaller, lighter, and snappier than my Tilt. Big shock, since my Tilt was 2 years old....

More to follow.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Yes, reviews please! I'm looking at this phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    I should have some time to post tomorrow but my initial thoughts are as follows:

Size is really nice, like a small candy bar phone when closed. looks like a sony ericsson sort of. feels much lighter than the tilt.

initially hated the AT&T bloatware so quickly hard reset to ditch it. Not a big fan of TouchFlo.
    And it forced all internet stuff to Opera which is clumsy to me.

keyboard inside is smaller than Tilt and more challenging for me. The A should be the first key in its row but its the second which is odd. There are good hard ekeys for builtin applicatons inside but not outside and apparently they didnt think you would want a Windows start key on the outside....very puzzling to me.

The on screen keyboard is very easy to use making one handed texting easier than i expected coming from the tilt.

Battery has lasted 5 hours so far of heavy use as I learn how to use it.
    Opera is considered better than Pocket IE by many. A hard reset removes AT&T bloatware?? Thanks for the tip!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    How is Opera clumsy? I thought it was at first also, but the combination of the nav wheel scroll and the double tap reformatted-to-fit zoom is a dream come true. Not to mention it does have a mobile mode.
  6.    #6  
    I guess I am a creature of habit, and have played with the Opera betas and never liked them. I prefer opera mini, but either way you can always reload it and just not have the phone default to it as a browser.

Diva, when you hard reset, the phone says "starting customization in 3 seconds" and a quick soft reset bypasses that.

skfny, so did you like the touchflo?
    I HATE TouchFlo and showed it the door 10 minutes after I got the Touch Pro. I don't need a limited, dumbed-down means of accessing the OS. A today plug-in with icons works for me.
    By soft reset before it customizes, do you mean turning off and turning on again manually? I need to be sure I do this right. Also will Sprite Backup return all the bloatware, or just contacts and apps I've added?

Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I HATE TouchFlo and showed it the door 10 minutes after I got the Touch Pro. I don't need a limited, dumbed-down means of accessing the OS. A today plug-in with icons works for me.
    Touch Flo is likely HTC's answer to the iPhone's interface. I need to test it to see if it works for me, but it looks pretty cool from videos I saw. A refresh from the usual boring interface on WM.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    By soft reset before it customizes, do you mean turning off and turning on again manually? I need to be sure I do this right. Also will Sprite Backup return all the bloatware, or just contacts and apps I've added?
    You use the stylus in the reset hole right before the customization returns.

Sprite backup is burned on to the ROM so that will be there even without the Bloatware. I'm not sure if you can do a Sprite backup WITH the bloatware and selectively reinstall some of the applications on to a clean device to pick and choose. Logically that makes sense to me.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    What today plug in are you using?

I'm having issues with not having a dedicated "Start" hard key and a dedicated key to use for the X in the corner! Seemed like I could do things so much quicker with the Tilt.
    I use Resco Explorer, but I'm sure there are a few dozen out there, like iLauncher and Ultimate Launch, etc. I use Resco because it does what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Touch Flo is likely HTC's answer to the iPhone's interface.
    Maybe that's why I hate Flo - I hate the iPhone interface too. Personally I think it is a shame to have these large hi-res screens and waste them with start pages that have only 9 icons. I'd rather have everything quickly accessible.
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    You use the stylus in the reset hole right before the customization returns.

Sprite backup is burned on to the ROM so that will be there even without the Bloatware. I'm not sure if you can do a Sprite backup WITH the bloatware and selectively reinstall some of the applications on to a clean device to pick and choose. Logically that makes sense to me.
    I should have known, DUH, LOL. This is common on Treos. I usually use software for soft resets now though. Guess it made me lazy.

As for Sprite, I will have to figure that one out when I get the Fuze. Thanks for the info.

A hard reset doesn't clear bloatware out on the Epix(although I hope it cleared the registry of 2 bum programs I installed), so I wonder if that means you need to do this before even starting to use the phone? Although it could just be AT&T treating the phones differently. It's also possible that I didn't do a true hard reset, since I used the built in app.

I forgot to ask if Pocket IE is also included, just in case. I prefer Opera but always like IE to be included. I also think it'd be weird not to have it on a WM device.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I went to an AT&T store today to see how it felt, and I didn't like it. The keyboard was too small and cramped (even more so than the Centro), and I'm not a fan of the slider phones to begin with.

I'll just be waiting patiently until either AT&T offers the Pro subsidized, or after the holidays when I think the price will drop for an unlocked Pro. It has everything I would want, minus iTunes.
  17.    #17  
    PIE is included and is still on it if you let the AT&T customizations load, but when you click on a link in an email or text message, it will automatically load Opera if you haven't bypassed the AT&T stuff.

I hear you, stuy119, about the keyboard. It may be the reason that I return it, along with the lack of buttons on the face of the phone to customize.
    I hate to bug you again, so please forgive me. But did you use the built-in hard reset or do a manual one? If you did manual, what were the steps?

Thanks for the info BTW!

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    PIE is included and is still on it if you let the AT&T customizations load, but when you click on a link in an email or text message, it will automatically load Opera if you haven't bypassed the AT&T stuff.

I hear you, stuy119, about the keyboard. It may be the reason that I return it, along with the lack of buttons on the face of the phone to customize.
    The feel of the phone in my hand also didn't feel right. I know it's roughly the same depth as the Treo 750, but it felt bulkier and cheaper, all at the same time.

I can't accurately describe my feeling for it, other than I didn't like it as much as I would have hoped.
    I will have to look for myself before I decide. People disliked the Epix too, I haven't had a problem yet that I didn't cause.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast