Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I will have to look for myself before I decide. People disliked the Epix too, I haven't had a problem yet that I didn't cause.
    I'm pretty sure there aren't problems with most phones. It comes down to a phone that feels good in the hand and has the programs you want/need.

The Epix is as close as I've found that meets those criteria (for me at least).
    Got mine yesterday, The screen resolution is awesome! I have an Epix also and I really miss all the buttons, on the Fuze there is only a home button and a back button. I might go back to the Epix, really don't like sliding out the keyboard or lack of buttons.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    PIE is included and is still on it if you let the AT&T customizations load, but when you click on a link in an email or text message, it will automatically load Opera if you haven't bypassed the AT&T stuff.

I hear you, stuy119, about the keyboard. It may be the reason that I return it, along with the lack of buttons on the face of the phone to customize.
    how about adding "AE buttons" to add extra buttons?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Sorry for my ignorance but what are AE buttons again?
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    [COLOR= "Navy"]I hate to bug you again, so please forgive me. But did you use the built-in hard reset or do a manual one? If you did manual, what were the steps?

Thanks for the info BTW![/COLOR]
    Hard reset by holding volume down and the d-pad center button and using stylus in reset hole. Then releasing stylus first and waiting for bootloader messages to appear before releasing volume down and center key. Then using the stylusstylus again before AT&t customizations begin.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Anyone use the FM radio CAB floating around here and on XDA? AT&T jerks took off the radio like Sprint did.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #27  
    I haven't tried it....I assume you mean this one?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427040
  8.    #28  
    I installed AEButton plus this morning (ver. 2.6.3 on a trial) and it let me remap the Home key to be Windows Start. Don't know if there's a free program that does that but the pay version worked and it has already made a huge difference to me.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I installed AEButton plus this morning (ver. 2.6.3 on a trial) and it let me remap the Home key to be Windows Start. Don't know if there's a free program that does that but the pay version worked and it has already made a huge difference to me.
    can u remap "ptt" button with aebutton plus?
  10.    #30  
    AEButton Plus doesn't let me do anything with the PTT button.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    AEButton Plus doesn't let me do anything with the PTT button.
    found this on xda...to remap PTT button..
    1) Delete the value, not the key, of HKLM\Services\PTT\Dll (was "PTTService.dll", will now be "") and soft reset.

2) Run AE Button Plus, add the PTT button as a new key, and set its action.

do u use any gps sf..tomtom?does the gps work 'cuz att always cripple the gps.
  12.    #32  
    I'm going to try that now....thanks.

I use Tom Tom and it works great (ver 6.032)

Did you get the start up animation to go away?
  13.    #33  
    Well, it didn't work for me...in fact what ended up happening was AEButton plus now has made both PTT and the Home key act together doing the same thing.

I'm about ready for a hard reset with all the registry changes I've tried....

sigh.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I'm going to try that now....thanks.

I use Tom Tom and it works great (ver 6.032)

Did you get the start up animation to go away?
    i don't have fuze, but thinking whether to get it or no? i have never liked slide out keyboard though. just played with one in the store, but could not able to see the tf3d as the device was locked with security tag with keyboard out!!and when i asked to buy it as n/c store lady was not giving much attention!what a bummer...

gps works is some g8 news as i tried epix and was never able to get tomtom running..!

here is something else i found on xda if u want to try for PTT:
    Work around for AT&T Fuse PTT button assignment.
    If you want to use that PTT button for something on your AT&T Fuze without buying software to do it, follow my instructions below.

Warning. Editing the registry can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I suggest backing up your device before starting this. It isn't at all complicated, but mistakes can have unintended results. This will disable PTT.

-Set your PTT button to <None> in Start, Settings, Buttons (un-needed step)

-In registry export or delete: HKCU\Software\HTC\PTT

-Rename Windows\PTT to something else (you can't delete it...yet)

-Create a blank file called PTT in \Windows\, set the properties to System, Read Only

If you happen to go into Start, Settings, Buttons and try to assign the button there to something, the PTT directory you just renamed will get recreated. This Null file will prevent the directory from being recreated due to a name conflict.

-Create two shortcut links: short_PTT.lnk, and long_PTT.lnk in \Windows\, that point to the apps you want to run for each of those types of presses. For example: "\Windows\Camera.exe"

-Power Off

-Power On

-Your PTT button should now be functional without any errors, or PTT service messages.

-A short press will run whatever you have defined in short_PTT.lnk (I have it set to voice command: "\windows\VoiceCMD.exe" -min

-A long press will run whatever you have defined in long_PTT.lnk (I have it set to the camera: "\Windows\Camera.exe"

I used Total Commander for all registry and file operations. Assignments stick after soft resets and power off reboots. Setting the Button under Start, Settings, Buttons will have no effect. As a matter of cleanup you can go back and delete the folder you renamed in step3 if you want.

Other hard button press shortcuts include: Long_End.lnk, Long_Send.lnk, Long_Power.lnk, Short_Power.lnk
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I have an EPIX and GPS works with iGuidance, Navio and Intelligolf (all third party apps). The key is to set the GPS program port to com4, the GPS hardware port to com9, baud rate to 4800 and check manage GPS automatically. That's it.

The only thing that doesn't work (as compared to a Pro) is that you need to have a cell signal. The EPIX aGPS chip will not run as a standalone GPS.
    MY coworkers GPS is working. The Siesmograph app was kinda cool.
  17.    #37  
    I gave it 7 days to wow me and this morning I'm at work with my Tilt instead of the Fuze.

I still prefer the Fuze screen, and the ability to use the touch pad in a circular motion to increase or decrease the font size is neat, but the control over buttons and lack of buttons makes the Fuze useless to me for surfing the internet which is something I do a fair amount of on my device, and the smaller keyboard just plain sucks compared to the Tilt. If I'm going to use a slideout keyboard and deal with the size of that, the keyboard ought to be useful. Otherwise, I'd just do an onscreen keyboard.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    trjons.. falling out of love with the Fuze i presume?
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I gave it 7 days to wow me and this morning I'm at work with my Tilt instead of the Fuze.

I still prefer the Fuze screen, and the ability to use the touch pad in a circular motion to increase or decrease the font size is neat, but the control over buttons and lack of buttons makes the Fuze useless to me for surfing the internet which is something I do a fair amount of on my device, and the smaller keyboard just plain sucks compared to the Tilt. If I'm going to use a slideout keyboard and deal with the size of that, the keyboard ought to be useful. Otherwise, I'd just do an onscreen keyboard.
    does the opera 9.5 on tilt provide same exprience as with fuze, if u using opera? also i have seen really cool tf3d roms for tilt on xda, so i guess tilt owners doesn't really need to buy fuze!
    Isn't the processor faster, and more RAM and storage on the Fuze? The Tilt is also near 2 yrs. old by now, isn't it? If my contact were up and I had a Tilt, I would get a Fuze.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast