Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. groupsix's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
       #1  
    Anyone know if there is an app to do push mail from Outlook/Exchange to a BB without a BES?
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
  2. Fiffer's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #2  
    I really don't have an exact answer for you groupsix but if you can have time check out this link
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by groupsix View Post
    Anyone know if there is an app to do push mail from Outlook/Exchange to a BB without a BES?
    Me too. I have to use Active Synch. Let me know what you find. I will do the same.
  4. Flexilis's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #4  
    havent heard of one, but would be interested to hear if someone knows of one.
  5. #5  
    yes its called BIS blackberry internet service. basically you forward your corporate email through RIM's NOC and its pushed to device
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherGoodGuy View Post
    yes its called BIS blackberry internet service. basically you forward your corporate email through RIM's NOC and its pushed to device
    Understood. Thanks. If your corporate e mail does not allow for forwarding then are you still left out, or can their service accommodate an Active Synch connection with the BIS Internet service ? Thank you.
  7. #7  
    Assuming you do not have Outlook Web Access, the only way I could find was to use the desktop redirector. The two problems are:
    1. You need to have a computer attached to Exchange Server 24/7
    2. You cannot directly open attachments. You can forward to an Internet e-mail address and view it from there.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treouser6663 View Post
    Assuming you do not have Outlook Web Access, the only way I could find was to use the desktop redirector. The two problems are:
    1. You need to have a computer attached to Exchange Server 24/7
    2. You cannot directly open attachments. You can forward to an Internet e-mail address and view it from there.
    I do have OWA. How do I make that work ? It would look poor ifI try just the Web browser in a PDA ?

    To be clear I have access on my Treo 700 P with MS Active Synch and mail is automatically "pushed " so I can read it on my cell in Versa mail. If I want to use OWA on Treo today I use the browser ( Blazer) and login in to look at mail in a very small and inconvenient window.

    Sorry to be such a moron which BB but I am hopeful there is an answer to this so i can change to BB. I have been a lover of Palm since my first PDA in 1994 or so.

    Thanks for the help !
  9. #9  
    Do a google search for "outlook web access blackberry" and follow the second link. The instructions are there to set up your blackberry with Outlook Web Acess.

Posting Permissions