Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I am wondering opinions from others about the following:
    I really like the look and all of the new blackberry storm from verizon
    anyone have blackberry experience that they can throw my way? I have never owned one and wondering what the biggest differences are? like what will i be really be giving up?
    I have the xv6800 titan with wm6.1 right now and have flashed and installed all sorts of software but just am not happy with it (mainly the low memory issues when i power use it)
    I am just thinking of something fresh and new.
    My biggest uses would have to be media (youtube,music,radio,watching movies) as well as some gaming and the biggest use is internet surfing! also i do like having imap full html email i have right now but not a big issue.
    Soooooo..................
    Bad or good idea?
    Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    The biggest question is can you adapt to the keyboard??? I also like to to tinker and customize. I am not sure if that is an option with BB. I think you can change the wall paper and add programs but much beyond that????

I would really like to get my hands on one to see what it will do. 30 day trail is your best friend!!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I've been thinking the same thing and the Storm does look good. I love tinkering but I hate the problems that come with that...
    I am a 10 year POS user and have had a Verizon Treo 600----700p for about 5 years. I have been extremely disappointed with stability/lag/crashes on the 700p and have been looking for the past year for a device which would provide me with an escape route. I am somewhat locked into Verizon and was willing to make the WM jump to the 800 but alas it will not appear on Verizon. So, the Storm seems appealing. The 2 programs on which I am totally dependent (Epocrates and Handbase) have recently been written in BB versions, so that took care of the major hurdle. As I also use my Treo as a pager, I need a nag program to bug me with an alert for unanswered SMS/pages similar to Butler and it appears as if at least 2 are available. So I am going to take the trial plunge as soon as I can get my hands on one.
    Yup, Im going!!
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    yeah the customizing is cool but gets to be frustrating as well.my main thing is i just want to stream video, watch movies etc and play some decent games
    That Storm does look sweet. Trying to convince my wife to get one.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    If we only knew when it was being released
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    It's official! Here are the details, staight from Verizon:

Price: The Storm will clock in at $199.99 on a 2 year contract after a $50 mail-in rebate!

Availability: Friday, November 21st is the general availability date. That means online, in stores... everywhere!
    http://estore.vzwshop.com/storm/

as far as the keyboard goes, i have been using spb lg keyboard to get used to the feel and its going ok would be better on the larger storm screen im sure. my main things i want my phone to do is email, watch movies, stream video, surf internet, music and the occasional game, plus picture taking is a strong point as well how does it handle mms?. just tired of the laggin memory on my 6800 just want something to run smooth for the above, how does bb sync with pc? does bb need a special movie format or will it play all? lookin hard into this any thoughts???
    Last edited by dearls; 11/13/2008 at 09:03 AM.
    My job is getting 4 Storms to try out. I'm hoping be a tester to see if I like it and want to purchase one for myself.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I checked out the new storm at the launch party, wasnt a fan. the screen is one big button, as opposed to feeling like pressing separate buttons like they imply, and was extremely buggy, slow, and locked up a few times.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm currently on Exchange 07, and with a BB you need an additional BES service which tends to be a bit pricey from all providers. My current Exchange host offers free ActiveSync, which I am extremely happy with, so I'm sticking to my 700 for now. But the Bold is very appealing, and I think the features are worth checking it out. If there were an alternative to adding BES to my data service, then I would seriously consider switching over.
    Using FREE ActiveSync hosted by TheMessageCenter.com