1.    #1  
    it's size is nearing the point of being too big for me. i've been using a Curve which offered me an acceptable concession in size relative to the tiny Pearl. the Bold is both slightly wider, taller, and heavier vs. the curve but there are benefits. to start: the 480x320, backlit LED screen is amazingly bright and clear, obviously the best screen on a Blackberry to date. you will say "wow" when you see one in action. the interface is equally amazing when compared to their previous offerings, it really is that much more cool. it comes loaded with 1gb of memory and 128mb flash and a 624mhz processor which again offers a felt difference. it has all of the prerequisites: gps, blackberry maps, wi-fi, 3g, media player, word/powerpoint/excel types "to go", video camera, cellular video via Media net, games, and the rest. i have found the battery life to be beyond acceptable and seemed on par with the Curve, the radio/call reception is better from my home and place of work as well. if design is important to you then you'll be pleased, it's iPhone-esque if you get my drift.

so far so good (have only owned it for two days), the only question mark for me remains its size, but it's definitely the best blackberry i've owned yet.

enjoy
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Good to see you back over here.

It might be thick due to having several radios. And maybe the processor. That can sometimes be a trade-off. The Blackjack(in the form of the Epix) also got thicker, likely due to those reasons.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    The BlackBerry BOLD is a great phone for business purpose with a touch of multimedia. I noticed some bugs appearing with the software - I was unable to delete some SMS messages, they would only finally go by taking out the battery. Just my 2 cents.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Good to see you back over here.

It might be thick due to having several radios. And maybe the processor. That can sometimes be a trade-off. The Blackjack(in the form of the Epix) also got thicker, likely due to those reasons.
    Thanks, Diva! Nice to see you here as well. Have you fiddled with the Bold yet? Hope all is well.
    Thanks, everything's fine so far.

I've been looking at the new WM devices more at this time. That OS is still my preferred one. I may still end up using a BB, you never know. When I first used one, I didn't need to do any tweaking and prepping out of the box, unlike WM. That was refreshing. But WM still seems to do more. More BB apps or a BB OS upgrade could change that. I understand this new one does do more.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I saw this at Best Buy.

First impressions:

It was smaller than i expected. I think the screen size needs to be bigger.

I really did not like the keys. It felt odd and hard to type on it. Still prefer my 755p's keys. They feel more separated and has more tactile feel to it. The Bold's keys are too uniform, almost in the same level and lines, too similar that its hard to type and feel that you are pressing on a different key.

Again, first impressions.

I think i would be more happy with a Treo Pro with my 755p's keypad than this one.
  7.    #7  
    i returned the Bold back to AT&T today as it really was just too big for my liking. when it comes to dimensional size, i get picky as i prefer them on the smaller side. anything too bulky in trouser/jean or shirt pocket and it's a no-go. away from that, the Bold is an amazing device, RIM did a fantastic job of refreshing the interface, including an amazing and incredibly bright LCD screen, and a host of applications/capabilities not found on previous models.

guess which Blackberry i went back to....nope, not the Curve, but the Pearl.

i'm going to try out the Blackberry Storm when it comes out.

regards
    Did you try the Storm yet? It looks a little big to me also, although likely thin. I like the larger screen though, so size is a trade-off.

Im thinking of getting a Blackberry Bold too. I thought about the Storm. But, unlocked I will only be able to use it on EDGE and not Att 3G.

My question about the Bold is, how is the lag I love to listen to music annd podcasts via bluetooth. When using bluetooth headphones or using the media player for that matter, is there any lag when responding to emails or txt or just using the keyboard in general.

I have a Treo Pro, and I am at my wits end with the sluggishness of windows mobile.
    thanks
    Did you install a task and memory manager? The built-in ones are a little lame.

Although since I use desktop Windows(I think you said you use Mac), the slowness isn't a surprise to me. It's been said that WM is a miniature version and it's true.

memmaid is what I have installed. Works like it should, but wm is just sluggish in general.
  12.    #12  
    what i do know: i experienced zero sluggishness while on the BOLD (especially during large data/mail exchanges). the processor speed/memory offered felt differences even versus the Curve. i don't know if it's stable or not when using media/bluetooth.

Diva: i sampled the Storm at the local Verizon store. interestingly enough, the keyboard wasn't as odd as i would have expected, but pressing down on the screen makes you wonder how long the screen will last especially if you type a lot during the day. the other thing i noticed was a bit of lag when moving in and out of programs, but perhaps that was due to it being a display device (lots of people trying it out) and needing a soft reset?

see ya
    Last edited by oalvarez; 11/24/2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Good to hear. off the the verizon store to test out the Storm and if I don't like it, i'll be getting a Bold.
    Shipment problems have been reported. Make sure you can get one first.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/1...version-glitc/

http://gizmodo.com/5096754/blackberr...e-the-firmware