1.    #1  
    I've been with Sprint for quite a while now. I had a Treo 600 and then got a 700p.

The 700p is ok if you are tech savvy, but I'm not.

My needs are simple:

I want to be able to pull email from exchange server (as needed) and sync contact and calendar to Outlook (I actually don't want all my office emails pushed to my phone).

Other than that, I want a decent phone and I want a decent web browsing experience. I don't really do music on my phone, but I suppose it couldn't hurt. I do a little bit of texting, but not all that much (less than 100 per month).

I don't mind leaving Sprint. I will want to have my wife to the plan and will likely add one of my kids in the next year as well.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking G-1 or some other (yet to be released) Android machine. If it matter, I'm located in So Cal (edge of OC, close to Long Beach).

My biggest complaint about the 700p is how slow anything I do on the web is (using the misnamed Blazer).

Thanks in advance.
    The G1 is very nice, but does not yet integrate with Exchange. You can use Outlook web access with the browser if that's available. The browser is awesome. Google has a free application that will sync your Outlook calendar with GMail, and you can import contacts from Outlook to GMail as well.

What do you mean by needing to be tech savvy with the 700p? If it's the problems, then I recommend the Centro. It's very stable and has no known issues. I really never had to hack or do anything, it always worked, connected to Exchange, great little device. Web browsing will be much the same, but no crashes.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    If you need a solid and stable phone then the Centro is the phone for you. The G1 is a good phone but Google can do better than this. If you have patience, you could wait a little longer until Google makes a better phone. Just my 2 cents.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    I'm also a Tre 700p, and long time Palm OS user. I have the same question, but from a technical user's perspective.

I love Palm, but am ready to give up. I don't have a real replacement, yet, and can't believe the limited choices. Is there any phone/carrier combination out there that has:

- removable storage (preferable SD)
    - qwerty keyboard
    - touchscreen
    - Bluetooth 2.0 (A2DP)
    - integration with MS Office
    - mp3/music/video
    - instant messaging with major networks (yahoo, aol, etc.)
    - cut/paste and other obvious user interface features
    - stable OS (not brand new, and not years old and not being patched ;-> ).
    - reasonably priced unlimited data
    - large library of third-party software (though if everything else is there, may not need this)

Those are my "must haves." My nice to haves include:
    - removable battery
    - GSM
    - wifi
    - decent camera
    - gps

I'm guessing I'll be forced into Windows Mobileland...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    If you give up the touch screen, the Blackberry has almost everything else.
    Which Blackberry? The storm looked promising, but people are complaining about it being buggy, right? And I think it is missing a keyboard (that is the blackberry with the clicking touch screen?).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Which Blackberry? The storm looked promising, but people are complaining about it being buggy, right? And I think it is missing a keyboard (that is the blackberry with the clicking touch screen?).
    The Bold is the best Black Berry available right now. It has everything you would need hardware wise (keyboard, 3G, GPS, WiFi) except a touch screen. The screen it does have is better than any Treo's though.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    If you are willing to learn WM, then the Samsung Epix (i907) on AT&T is an excellent choice.
    Here's a second for the Blackberry Bold. It's GSM, and it's getting rave reviews from tons of people as the best phone from Blackberry so far. Super stable platform (we 700p users are SO jealous), great screen, qwerty, GPS, good browser. Blackberry phones are known for being extremely stable and solid, and the Bold is the best of the Blackberrys.
    I was a Treo 700p user and switched to the iPhone. I agree with a lot of what these folks are saying about the Blackberry, I had the curve that work gave me. The curve is a great phone, great email, great battery, great keyboard, only thing I did not like about the blackberry was the browser. Blackberry browser sucks. I did download opera and it was a little better. I don't think there are many third party apps either. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.