1.    #1  
    I have service on AT&T and I have an unlimited data plan and text for $19.99.
    I have had this for several years and just have been buying unlocked Treos and changing sim with no issues.

I am going to try a blackberry bold when available next week, if I get it at AT&T I'm sure they will require a change to the higher data plans.

If I buy one elsewhere and just transfer my sim card will it work ok or does the blackberry need the special plan?

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Hard to believe that not one person has experience with this situation. Anyone.....please
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Blackberry's native apps (email, browser, so on) won't work on a regular data plan - you need a BB plan.

There was a thread over in blacberryforums.com about work arounds, but they're not easy, and they don't give full BB functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    I have service on AT&T and I have an unlimited data plan and text for $19.99.
    I have had this for several years and just have been buying unlocked Treos and changing sim with no issues.

I am going to try a blackberry bold when available next week, if I get it at AT&T I'm sure they will require a change to the higher data plans.

If I buy one elsewhere and just transfer my sim card will it work ok or does the blackberry need the special plan?

Thanks
    Since you're going to try, why not just open a second line and try it that way. If you decide you like then swap numbers and carry on otherwise cancel the second line at the end of the trial period, pay any usages and move on.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....