1.    #1  
    Where is the weirdest place you've seen a PDA being used?

Today, I was standing in the Returns line at the Lowe's Home Improvement store. You know right when you walk in they have a counter where you can return those extra bolts you thought you needed. I turned around and just to the left of the sliding doors are several electrical boxes for their security system. One panel has a clear front and there staring at me is the standard Palm screen (Graffiti area and all). I looked closer and the screen reads something like "Lowe's Security System...". I couldn't resist (even though I knew it wouldn't work) I reached out and pressed the Home icon with my finger. Of course the whole thing was behind glass. I just couldn't believe it! Anyone else seen this before?

Eric
    Was an Eye Module plugged in the unit as a security camera?
    Yup. I saw the same thing at my Lowe's and couldn't believe it. Kind of makes sense when you think about it though. Why design your own control box, when you can just use off the shelf hardware and standard code? Makes component swap out easy.
    The funny thing was, one of the alarms went off while I was in line, and the person trying to shut it off was jabbing quite hard at the screen to try and shut it off. I was just waiting for the screen to crack.
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    Back in the days of the Commodore C-64 and other 'hot, new computers' there was a lot of talk about using the older and now dirt-cheap computers (VIC-20, Timex Sinclair TS1000, etc.- often sold in retail stores at the time for $5 on clearance) for home security and similar jobs.

The idea was to use a simple, cheap computer to handle routine, simple jobs. It sounds like that is exactly what they did here!
    Yes, but when will the "Lowe's Security System" application be available on PalmGear?

That's pretty cool. And in the times when they're not using it to access the security system, they should install BigClock to tell the time.