1.    #1  
    This is my farewell post as I no longer own a 800w. It was fun for a while but became a frustrating device. The headphone issue was the first thing then it was the gps which never worked. One thing that agitated me was the inability to simply make a phone call, for which the device is intended. The amount of tweaks are endless as it really is a mini-pc but the screen size incompatibilities limits you to the most updated software. It is a high maintenance device unless you don't install anything new but what fun is that. You pretty much have to break everything several times to figure out what works the way you'd like it to.

I've move on to a LG Lotus. Sure it's no smart phone and has no wifi but guess what...it works first most as a phone and works well. Plays youtube out of the box. Do you know how long I tweaked my 800w to play youtube before Kinoma could? The gps navigation is damn near instant and makes me chuckle thinking about the 800w's pathetic gps. The Lotus also has another super duper high quality space age function...it can shut off.

I wish you all good luck.
    bye
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I'd like to see how it's working over a peroid of time.
    HP-41, HP-41CV, Nokia 5165, LG 5250, LG LX5350, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P 32GB SDHC, HTC Touch Pro 16GB + BIZZ 16GB
    I keep coming back to smartphones, no matter how many times I leave.

But I keep some dumbphones anyway since many of the higher end newer ones do have decent features.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!