1.    #1  
    I bought an ipod touch from Costco yesterday so I could give my nano to my son (but mostly because I wanted a new toy). The wife thinks it is a waste. I need some convincing reasons to keep it (especially since I use a 755p, have a centro on a spare plan and could buy a 800w for that spare plan for $100 less than the touch).

The touch has a beautiful screen. It has wifi, can play music and videos, can sync with exchange, etc. Why is that better than an 800w?

I need to convince my wife (and myself) that this is a necessary new gadget.

Any thoughts?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    The 800w has a phone.

The touch does not.

Case closed?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I like it for buying music, managing music, videos and podcast. It seems to do that easier than the Treo Pro, Also, great for video games.
    It got me to sell my psp (still have my DS though).

Keeps me from wanting a iPhone and in some form it is a portable web browser, I use WMwifi and my iPod touch. Works great.
    Ain't NOTHING going to get me to sell my PSP unless they release a rocking new model(the latest 3000 is not enough of an upgrade for me). iPhone/iPod Touch games cannot compare with Sony games, NO WAY!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yeah, yeah, you are a Apple hater
    With the wifi, which is one of the best I have seen in a mobile device, and safari it's like a little laptop that sounds great with head phones.
    I was just at the Apple store and a brand new speaker set just came in and it sounds better then the Bose system. I forgot the brand name. I will go back and take a look. I have to get it anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Yeah, yeah, you are a Apple hater
    I have three iPods, one iPhone and also was looking at the MackBook Pros. I also think their stores are well put together. Yep I hate Apple.

You do realize that you don't have to accept everything a corporation does, nor should you. Doesn't mean you hate them, but no corporation is omnipotent.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I have three iPods, one iPhone and also was looking at the MackBook Pros. I also think their stores are well put together. Yep I hate Apple.

You do realize that you don't have to accept everything a corporation does, nor should you. Doesn't mean you hate them, but no corporation is omnipotent.
    Wow, That is exactly what I thought you did.... you seemed pretty down on Apple. Good to see you do like more than Treos

N E way, keep the iPod Touch. It is like having a mini laptop, video player and gaming system. It does a lot.
    I just don't like some of the decisions coming down from the top. I don't hate them but I do think they overlook a lot of things or just don't care because they're popular.

What's your opinion on them deciding to discontinue firewire on the MacBooks? I don't think they remembered their core buyers. Seems they are trying to get more PC users but forgot their base. I don't use firewire, never have, but the user base is very upset it seems. No Blu-Ray option on the Pros. Even they're on the Blu Ray Association board, they claim it's too hard to license?? Then they tell people to just download their HD content from iTunes. I don't know but that's a little ehh, if you know what I mean.

But about the games, it isn't that I hate Apple games, but we're talking miniature versions of PS2 and PS3 games a lot of time on Sony PSP. Can't beat that IMO.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    The iPod touch is a great MP3 player and Wifi capabilities which is a great plus. Although it cannot make calls like the 800w. I have an iPod touch and it's a great gadget to use, listen music and watch movies/videos. But IMO, I wouldn't pick the iPhone as a great phone.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    The way things are going now i am disappointed and suprised Apple didnt come out with a $700-800 notebook. The reason,..... not only is World economy ****, but the market is screaming for one. Tell me those wouldn't fly off the shelves?! The firewire issue is just Apple being cheap. I dont know who they did their survey on, but, I have used firewire since my first Mac the G3 900. Its a bummer. For this reason, I will be keeping my 12" Powerbook and I am getting a Mac Mini. I cant "give" the money for IMHO a lesser product.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    The way things are going now i am disappointed and suprised Apple didnt come out with a $700-800 notebook. The reason,..... not only is World economy ****, but the market is screaming for one. Tell me those wouldn't fly off the shelves?! The firewire issue is just Apple being cheap. I dont know who they did their survey on, but, I have used firewire since my first Mac the G3 900. Its a bummer. For this reason, I will be keeping my 12" Powerbook and I am getting a Mac Mini. I cant "give" the money for IMHO a lesser product.
    I hope they are working on a tablet. That is next.
    The iPhone....How do i say this without causing a larger rift in the ozone?
    I think the iPhone is the best phone out there. Just like any device, lack of support (thats right, lack of support) is the reason I dont have one any more. So much it can't do for me.
    My wife and most Smartphone beginners love it. I'm too advanced for the iPhone. It needs to catch up to me.
    Tablets are a very very small market. If I owned a PC company. I wouldn't make them....However if you mean a MID, yes and Apple is kind of there with the iPod Touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

me too Apple is the worst I have a Macbook Pro, Iphone 3G, Ipod Classic 120, and a 4g Nano.. horrible stuff.. no fun at all