Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 72 of 72
  1. #61  
    Ash. I respect you, but no offense but you love to argue points that you don't believe in, that is why you generate hostility. You tell people that what they are saying is untrue or not important, You just like to argue.
    The iphone lack of mms is a BIG pain in the ***.

    Yes you can email it with the iphone but it is a pain. and it takes much longer to do.

    People can't mms you on your iphone and that is a bigger pain in the ***.
    All you get a link with a long complicated user name and big complicated password, and it changes every picture. nad you can't copy and paste it so you have to write it down or wait til you get home to see it.

    You can't email people from sms which is very stupid.

    As much as Apple products (which I own some of and professional video edit with) it is unbelivable that there are so many multi media applications missing from this phone.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Ash. I respect you, but no offense but you love to argue points that you don't believe in, that is why you generate hostility. You tell people that what they are saying is untrue or not important, You just like to argue.
    The iphone lack of mms is a BIG pain in the ***.

    Yes you can email it with the iphone but it is a pain. and it takes much longer to do.

    People can't mms you on your iphone and that is a bigger pain in the ***.
    All you get a link with a long complicated user name and big complicated password, and it changes every picture. nad you can't copy and paste it so you have to write it down or wait til you get home to see it.

    You can't email people from sms which is very stupid.

    As much as Apple products (which I own some of and professional video edit with) it is unbelivable that there are so many multi media applications missing from this phone.
    I respect you too, and I understand where you are coming from but for me and others it's very simple to send pics via email. I've done it for years. And coming from Sprint maybe that is the difference for some. And the quality is better. There is no disputing that. What gets me going is people who say the iPhone does not do this or that. When they have not even used one since the first generation. Things have been added to it and continue to be added. Just like saying that email compresses images as well. Well there is a option to send the original photo. At least know what you are talking about before you say something. Or another example, saying you can't save images when you clearly can.

    That's all I'm saying.

    If they added emailing from SMS would that make your day?
    And I know this is a Treo forum so I'm done talking about the iPhone. And if you are going to talk about the iPhone know what you are talking about. And that's not directed at you cglaguna. I know you have served your time.
  3.    #63  
    Guys, you missed my whole points. I didn't say Iphone is definitely a better product than Treo. And I just hope people realize fundamentally the two firms are so different, which means, as a customer, if you think innovation and customer service are among your top priorities, you should think twice when you only look at two different models.

    So even if one model temporarily has more upsides and seems to have a better fit, it doesn't mean that's what you want, especially given you need to own this one for quite a long time.

    And palm is competing at a totally new horizon now, their old strategy is digging a tomb for themselves.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I respect you too, and I understand where you are coming from but for me and others it's very simple to send pics via email. I've done it for years. And coming from Sprint maybe that is the difference for some. And the quality is better. There is no disputing that. What gets me going is people who say the iPhone does not do this or that. When they have not even used one since the first generation. Things have been added to it and continue to be added. Just like saying that email compresses images as well. Well there is a option to send the original photo. At least know what you are talking about before you say something. Or another example, saying you can't save images when you clearly can.

    That's all I'm saying.

    If they added emailing from SMS would that make your day?
    And I know this is a Treo forum so I'm done talking about the iPhone. And if you are going to talk about the iPhone know what you are talking about. And that's not directed at you cglaguna. I know you have served your time.
    Ash, I agree with you that you can do most things on the iPhone, the problem that most of us have is either it requires some convulated work around that is an inconvenience, or the capability is very limited in general or limited to certain apps as the others have pointed out.

    The point about MMS isn't that you can't send pictures to people, it just requires a lot to do so. I don't know who everyone has for their wireless provider, and i'm not going to update my entire address book with my friends/family's number and wireless carrier extension that I may MMS in the future. Emailing them to an email address works sometimes, but not when you want your friend/family to see something NOW, not sometime later.

    The biggest problem with MMS on the iPhone is receiving pictures. Like I said in a different post (so I won't get too into this), receiving pictures is just annoying. No, I'm not going to tell my friends/family to always email me as I don't expect them to have my email address on their phone. I don't expect them to transfer a photo to their computer. MMS is something that should be done quickly and easily. The iPhone is neither of these.
  5. #65  
    MMS alone? no that still wouldn't sell me.

    I will move my sim card to my iphone the day:
    1. Have better coverage
    2. Use MMS both ways
    3. I can copy and paste
    4. Have video both ways
    5. Have control of alert sounds & frequency
    6. Have instant email that is dependable


    I would put up with the calendar and contacts the way it is.
  6. #66  
    I can't believe this thread has lasted so long in the Pro forum.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I respect you too, and I understand where you are coming from but for me and others it's very simple to send pics via email. I've done it for years. And coming from Sprint maybe that is the difference for some. And the quality is better. There is no disputing that. What gets me going is people who say the iPhone does not do this or that. When they have not even used one since the first generation. Things have been added to it and continue to be added. Just like saying that email compresses images as well. Well there is a option to send the original photo. At least know what you are talking about before you say something. Or another example, saying you can't save images when you clearly can.

    That's all I'm saying.

    If they added emailing from SMS would that make your day?
    And I know this is a Treo forum so I'm done talking about the iPhone. And if you are going to talk about the iPhone know what you are talking about. And that's not directed at you cglaguna. I know you have served your time.
    Actually I still use the iPhone as an after-work phone. But I cannot use it for messaging.

    Many of my receiving email programs compress the photo, I have no control over that. Or loads it as a big attachment, then there's size restrictions.

    I also never said you couldn't save pictures, but it's a hassle for me to go through email just to get a picture so I just told people to quit trying to MMS me or sending photos to the iPhone number altogether.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #68  
    A friend of mine has an iphone that he got for work and he told me that he has nothing but problems with it when it comes to syncing with Outlook. His assessment is that it is a wonderful fantastic multimedia device or pure entertainment factor, but as a serious device for business it leaves a lot to be desired.

    He liked my Pro so much he is going to try to convince their CTO to switch to the Pro.

    So I would have to say that it depends on which world you want to operate in. If you want the bling bling factor and entertainment style, sure the iphone is fantastic. But if you want a serious business oriented device which has a lot of nice (but not iphone brillant) entertainment goodies, then the Pro is a good choice.

    I have had my Pro for 2 weeks after upgrading from an old Treo 650 and I have to say after getting over the initial learning curve and investing in 1 or 2 3rd party apps, it is a fantastic device (sure it has its issues, but what phone doesnt).
    My Modern Theory Of Natural Selection: Anyone dumb enough to do something stupid deserves the consequences... Stupidity is an active choice.

    Treo 650------Treo Pro (Oct 08)
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Second, Palm IS like Apple in that they both have a way of refusing to include current features for a LONG time, but Apple just gets a free pass for some reason. Apple mainly listens to consumers when they receive complaints and sometimes even that doesn't work. Apple is still being arrogant and telling us what we don't need. Palm did this with wifi on Treos for the longest, and got beaten up for it. Apple removes and leaves out all kind of features on many of it's products, yet still gets praise from the masses.
    Praise from the masses does not come out of thin air. Brand itself has a value. It has a value to the brand holder and it has multiple values to the customer as well.

    Depth of support, depth of market, survivability of the seller, and yes, brand name status, are all real values to the customer.

    Palm can't be as good as Apple and survive, it has to be better or way cheaper. Just like Sprint has to be cheaper than Verizon and ATT.
  10. #70  
    More like excellent marketing on Apple's part, concerning the iPhone and iPods. If you're good at marketing, you can sell anything to the masses.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I can't believe this thread has lasted so long in the Pro forum.
    Sorry about that.
  12. quietkvj's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Chaos View Post
    A friend of mine has an iphone that he got for work and he told me that he has nothing but problems with it when it comes to syncing with Outlook. His assessment is that it is a wonderful fantastic multimedia device or pure entertainment factor, but as a serious device for business it leaves a lot to be desired.

    He liked my Pro so much he is going to try to convince their CTO to switch to the Pro.

    So I would have to say that it depends on which world you want to operate in. If you want the bling bling factor and entertainment style, sure the iphone is fantastic. But if you want a serious business oriented device which has a lot of nice (but not iphone brillant) entertainment goodies, then the Pro is a good choice.

    I have had my Pro for 2 weeks after upgrading from an old Treo 650 and I have to say after getting over the initial learning curve and investing in 1 or 2 3rd party apps, it is a fantastic device (sure it has its issues, but what phone doesnt).
    I agree with your post completely. i just finished posting on another thread about how Palm can keep up with Apple by throwing on the bling bling and shining a light on it so that the people will come. I argue with people all of the time about why their phone( all phones, not just the iphone ) is not better than mine. Most people do not even know the capabilities of the software that they have besides ringtones, touchscreen and music. so i refuse to argue with them anymore. I for one love a physical keyboard. I like options.

    MMS is also a big issue to me. I guess i can understand that they want people to email, but how can you expect people to solely rely on email for mms and you dont even have your own email client.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions