Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Completely false. Simply jailbreaking the iPhone does not cause you to lose any information on the phone what so ever. None. Everything stays intact.
    What's the best way to jailbreak Iphone 2G? Any detailed info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Correct it is in the email app. I'm not sure what you mean by a draft folder on the phone itself?
    You use WM, you know there's a drafts folder under messages, on the phone itself. Just copy and paste the draft.

Nothing like that whatsoever on the iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    There's no copy and paste (extremely lame) but there is indeed a drafts folder in the mail app. Your mailbox has to have it though and it is online except for mail items that have been synced to the iPhone.

I have had BB, WM, Palm OS and I keep coming back to the iPhone. It is maddening.
    I'm NOT speaking of in the mail app. I'm speaking of the drafts folder on the device itself, the iPhone does NOT have one. But the WM phones DO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtreo View Post
    What's the best way to jailbreak Iphone 2G? Any detailed info?

You can use one of the guides I wrote over at TiPb. Here is the one for the original iPhone. PC edition. I also wrote guides for all other combos - macs, iPhone 3g, etc...

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/10...dition-part-2/
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You use WM, you know there's a drafts folder under messages, on the phone itself. Just copy and paste the draft.

Nothing like that whatsoever on the iPhone.
    hmmm... The messages folder is part of the pocket outlook.... so that would be part of the email app no? I see no advantage of what you are talking about. Sorry.

But there is also a drafts folder on the iPhone as well... both on WM devices and the iPhone have their drafts folder in their messaging apps.
    There's no drafts folder in the first generation phone except for what's included in the online email program. Maybe it's on the second, which I don't have. There's no drafts in the SMS iPhone app either, but there is on WM phones. Maybe it is all in Pocket Outlook but the drafts are saved in the phone's memory itself. I can copy the draft text to any email or SMS.

There's no drafts folder in the first generation phone except for what's included in the online email program. Maybe it's on the second, which I don't have. There's no drafts in the SMS iPhone app either, but there is on WM phones. Maybe it is all in Pocket Outlook but the drafts are saved in the phone's memory itself. I can copy the draft text to any email or SMS.
    You are correct with no drafts folder within SMS. But how often do you save a draft of a SMS? As for email drafts, sure it depends on your email you are using. Now I understand what you are trying to say but does it really matter if it is part of the actual phone or your email? It's on the phone either way. Don't see an issue with that. It's no different than using a exchange account on my Treo Pro and I save a draft. It's stored within my exchange account... not the phone. Same on the iPhone. But I'll give you the SMS...
    I can send many texts per day sometimes, and I NEED drafts. And it helps if the drafts are saved IN THE PHONE, not searching through some email account just to get to them.

Even if I did use the email drafts, I couldn't copy them anyway, at least not from the iPhone.

I can send many texts per day sometimes, and I NEED drafts. And it helps if the drafts are saved IN THE PHONE, not searching through some email account just to get to them.
    A draft folder is a draft folder... It's no different and both require you to go into messaging... Pretty simple if you ask me.
    It's NOT the same at all, it's MUCH easier to have the drafts stored in the phone. I have several email address too, so that means I have to create drafts in every damn email address just to use the iPhone the way I need to? No thanks. My WM phone is way more efficient, at least in terms of messaging. Oh yeah, and I don't need to get an email to receive my MMS either.

Mms is way overated. I never used it on any other WM device. It compresses pictures so much making them pretty useless. At least to me. I even reverted back to emailing photos on the Pro. Whether its to other email or a cell phone again not difficult to do. Emailing pictures gives you a way better quality.
    Most of my email programs actually compress many of the pictures too, because there's a size limit. I just download them from the phone to my computer full size, on every other phone but the iPhone of course. I told my contacts to never send me anything by iPhone again because going into email just to get them out is a PITA.

Most of my email programs actually compress many of the pictures too, because there's a size limit. I just download them from the phone to my computer full size, on every other phone but the iPhone of course. I told my contacts to never send me anything by iPhone again because going into email just to get them out is a PITA.
    I'm guessing you never used the 2.1 firmware...

Press image - save image.
    I don't use the iPhone for MMS because you should not have to go through email for MMS, end of story.

I don't use the iPhone for MMS because you should not have to go through email for MMS, end of story.
    Lazy eh... Cause that is so difficult to do right? Click on the email button...

End of story.

*So much hostility in here over the iPhone... ouch.

Lets see... to send a MMS on the Treo you have to go to messaging, the menu, then new message, then MMS, then fill out all the info, select picture and then send.

Iphone... go to picture, tap it, email, select person, send. That's tough.
    I own several phones and NONE but the iPhone require email for MMS because they have the capability BUILT IN. Keep making excuses for iPhone leaving out a feature EVERY OTHER PHONE(that's decent anyway) released within the last few years has! It won't work with me, I didn't drink the Kool-Aid because I know what else is out there.

I own several phones and NONE but the iPhone require email for MMS because they have the capability BUILT IN. Keep making excuses for iPhone leaving out a feature EVERY OTHER PHONE released within the last few years has! It won't work with me, I didn't drink the Kool-Aid because I know what else is out there.
    That's funny because every single WM device I ever owned on Sprint did not support MMS! (until the HTC Diamond) And excuses? Fact - EMAILING a photo gives you way better quality! Not an excuse, reality.

*also don't even say emailing compresses the image... you can shut that off and send the original image... on WM and on the iPhone. Can't do that with MMS can ya? NOPE!
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 10/24/2008 at 08:53 AM.
    I use AT&T or unlocked GSM phones. And they all have MMS built-in. I can't speak for CDMA restrictions.

It's faster to receive the photo right on your phone rather than messing with email. I also tried to send sound files by email, but once again there were size restrictions. Direct to phone, always better.

I use AT&T or unlocked GSM phones. And they all have MMS built-in. I can't speak for CDMA restrictions.

It's faster to receive the photo right on your phone rather than messing with email. I also tried to send sound files by email, but once again there were size restrictions. Direct to phone, always better.
    You can send images as originals in emails. On Windows Mobile as well, just a option but it's there. Whatever works best for you I suppose.

And I'm not here to argue, so don't think I am going back and forth for the sake of arguing.
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 10/24/2008 at 09:01 AM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast