Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    all in all it's a bit of a mindless game to play. Kinda like comparing Lexus Mercedes and BMW, different models appeal to different people. End of story.

I used to think apple made really cool product, BUT the more I use their stuff, I'm kinda glad micro$oft are the dominant player. With micro$oft even if they don't want you to do something there is usually a work around, with apple, there is often no answer to a problem.
    You are so microsoft... get a life~~
    I have had no problem swapping the sim between an iPhone and a Treo 750 (which I regretfully sold two months ago). I never had to call AT&T, just popped the iPhone sim into the Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    On another forum someone mentioned that the internet gateway on the iPhone is different so switching SIMs may be a problem for internet usage unless you contact AT&T. True or not true?

I thought you could just adjust the settings on the new phone, if that's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Not that it will change your mind or anyone else's but you can save drafts, at least in emails you can.

Also you can swap the sim with no issues. All I did was call at&t and switched to a normal pda plan and all is well. No issues. All I lost with the iPhone was visual voicemail.
    You did have to call AT&T though. On most of their phones, you really do not need to call them, but just switch SIMs. Unless your data usage will be high, then you probably should get a PDA plan.

As for email drafts, sure if the actual email program allows it. But not on the phone itself, from what I could see. I was able to save lots of drafts on my WM phone itself.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You did have to call AT&T though. On most of their phones, you really do not need to call them, but just switch SIMs. Unless your data usage will be high, then you probably should get a PDA plan.

As for email drafts, sure if the actual email program allows it. But not on the phone itself, from what I could see. I was able to save lots of drafts on my WM phone itself.
    Sure you could save drafts on the phone. I just tried it out again. If you hit cancel it asks if you'd like to save it in your drafts folder. As for switching plans I did not have to call but rather I wanted to ditch visual voicemail. If not every time I got a voice mail I would have a text message sent to me. So I switched. But it is not necessary to do so.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Palm is relying too much on their Nova OS as their savior. That's not good IMHO. Its like putting all their baskets into 1 egg

And given the current economic downturn, its not helping them. They really need several miracles to see this through (maybe being bought out by HTC is not such a bad idea )
    Last edited by janric; 10/22/2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
    Sure you could save drafts on the phone. I just tried it out again. If you hit cancel it asks if you'd like to save it in your drafts folder. As for switching plans I did not have to call but rather I wanted to ditch visual voicemail. If not every time I got a voice mail I would have a text message sent to me. So I switched. But it is not necessary to do so.
    But isn't that the draft folder of the email program and not in the phone itself?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft View Post
    I have had no problem swapping the sim between an iPhone and a Treo 750 (which I regretfully sold two months ago). I never had to call AT&T, just popped the iPhone sim into the Treo.
    Did you get a text message like Bad Ash when you had a voicemail?

I'm tempted to switch SIMs on the Epix.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtreo View Post
    You are so microsoft... get a life~~
    Your kidding right?

I work on a 17 MacPro, I have a 15" alubook lying around the house for surfing the net, our home computer on our network is an imac, we have a G4 running OSX server as a web gateway, our wireless is all apple, iMac is connected to our TV, our stereo speakers in several rooms are connected to airport express' we have 3 iPods and an iPod touch in the cupboard.

Yeah so microsoft!

I do have a 5 or 6 year old dell laptop, for updating firmware and setting up product that doesn't talk apple. ie: navman... But apart from that the treopro is the most microsoft that i am.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

But isn't that the draft folder of the email program and not in the phone itself?
    Correct it is in the email app. I'm not sure what you mean by a draft folder on the phone itself?
    To each his/her own. Exactly.

Sure there is a work around... it's called Jailbreaking. Not much different than doing reg edits in WM.
    That's still very different from WM. You don't have to hack a WM device to run software that you want to run. Sure, you can make reg edits to make things run better, and in some cases change the restrictions that some carriers place on your device, but you don't have to start from scratch by having to redo the entire thing all over again.

Also, normal data plans work on the iPhone, tried and it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    Palm is relying too much on their Nova OS as their savior. That's not good IMHO. Its like putting all their baskets into 1 egg

And given the current economic downturn, its not helping them. They really need several miracles to see this through (maybe being bought out by HTC is not such a bad idea )
    Palm is relying on Nova to be the next big OS, but they still are supporting Garnet and WM for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    That's still very different from WM. You don't have to hack a WM device to run software that you want to run. Sure, you can make reg edits to make things run better, and in some cases change the restrictions that some carriers place on your device, but you don't have to start from scratch by having to redo the entire thing all over again.

Also, normal data plans work on the iPhone, tried and it works.
    Well you don't have to hack the iPhone to run software anymore, since the App Store has been up and running, but if you want more than what is available jailbreaking takes 10 minutes of your time.

Yes, normal PDA plans work on the iPhone. I said that earlier. MediaNet I'm not sure about. And I don't know if I'd risk even trying to use that. To play it safe I'd stay on a normal PDA data plan.
    Well you don't have to hack the iPhone to run software anymore, since the App Store has been up and running, but if you want more than what is available jailbreaking takes 10 minutes of your time.

Yes, normal PDA plans work on the iPhone. I said that earlier. MediaNet I'm not sure about. And I don't know if I'd risk even trying to use that. To play it safe I'd stay on a normal PDA data plan.
    Regardless, jailbreaking still requires you to lose your information and such. But I digress.
    Regardless, jailbreaking still requires you to lose your information and such. But I digress.
    Completely false. Simply jailbreaking the iPhone does not cause you to lose any information on the phone what so ever. None. Everything stays intact.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Palm is relying on Nova to be the next big OS, but they still are supporting Garnet and WM for the future.
    That's my point. Its the be-all-end-all OS for them. What happens if Nova does not go they way they hope it will go? What's next for Palm?

They're not making any profit with Garnet (Centro) and their WM treos (800w and Pro) are still fighting the BB's of the corporate world. What will Palm do or not do ??
    I miss my Mercedes! Had alot of fun toys.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    all in all it's a bit of a mindless game to play. Kinda like comparing Lexus Mercedes and BMW, different models appeal to different people. End of story.

I used to think apple made really cool product, BUT the more I use their stuff, I'm kinda glad micro$oft are the dominant player. With micro$oft even if they don't want you to do something there is usually a work around, with apple, there is often no answer to a problem.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Completely false. Simply jailbreaking the iPhone does not cause you to lose any information on the phone what so ever. None. Everything stays intact.
    Ah, my mistake then. That's good to know. However, it's all a moot point anyways since the iPhone is the worst "smartphone" I've ever owned and I'm prepping it for sale. To each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    That's my point. Its the be-all-end-all OS for them. What happens if Nova does not go they way they hope it will go? What's next for Palm?

They're not making any profit with Garnet (Centro) and their WM treos (800w and Pro) are still fighting the BB's of the corporate world. What will Palm do or not do ??
    Our points are the same, as I'm stating that they want Nova to be the NEXT big OS (ie how iPhone, now Android are the "big" newcomers). That doesn't mean it will be Palm's ONLY OS.

With regard to Garnet, I believe that the centros are very very low margin, but they are still experiencing negative net income due to more R&D and other expenses. WM Treos will always compete with BB devices, but that's just how competition is. I see Garnet devices competing with "dumbphones," Nova competing with Android and iPhone, and WM competing with BB. I think it's a good strategy for Palm, but it could be too late.
    Ah, my mistake then. That's good to know. However, it's all a moot point anyways since the iPhone is the worst "smartphone" I've ever owned and I'm prepping it for sale. To each their own.
    Your opinion, a lot of people would disagree. Like you said, to each his/her own.
    It was 2 months ago - and unfortunately I cannot remember. I defer to Bad Ash on this one.

Did you get a text message like Bad Ash when you had a voicemail?

I'm tempted to switch SIMs on the Epix.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast