Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    I couldn't pass up the $300 deals on Craig's. Just bought an Epix.

I see what you mean about hard scrolling, if you use your fingers. Looks like the optical mouse or stylus is better. I honestly am not put off by the optical mouse, maybe because I used Windows PCs. It's similar.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Enjoy it! I love the little mouse, and I think I've pulled the stylus out 3 times since I bought the phone.

FYI, the battery life is awesome. For reference, I charged it Monday night, pulled it off charger before I went to bed. Occasional charges from the car charger and sync cable when I was syncing, otherwise no real charge until tonight. It hovered around 40%-60% for the last 48 hours. All with a regular pattern of usage (some phone calls, email every 15 minutes, web browsing, texting, installing apps, etc.) My iPhone, even with top offs from syncing and car charging, would have died around midday wednesday.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    That's great news. The battery life with Samsung phones are really long-lasting compared to Apple's crappy phone.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I couldn't pass up the $300 deals on Craig's. Just bought an Epix.

I see what you mean about hard scrolling, if you use your fingers. Looks like the optical mouse or stylus is better. I honestly am not put off by the optical mouse, maybe because I used Windows PCs. It's similar.
    There is a great little program you can get over at HowardForums called "smartskey.exe" that turns the volume control rocker switch on the side of the phone into a page up/down button (except with the phone). It's configurable through an "ini" file so I suppose you can exclude other programs.
    AEButton also remaps the volume keys. And it has a clause that volume control kicks back in on the keys when you are on the phone.
    Honestly, the mouse will scroll the page just fine. It's like using the computer so I'm not sure why people hate it. Maybe it because it DOES remind them of the computer, LOL! But that works for me and makes selection more accurate because the mouse indicates where you're about to click. JMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Agreed, the mouse hasn't given me any issues with scrolling at all. I did set AEbutton to scroll up/down with the volume keys. During calls they revert to being regular volume keys.

I've only used it web browsing and reading emails, but if I lost the functionality tomorrow I wouldn't cry over it.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Honestly, the mouse will scroll the page just fine. It's like using the computer so I'm not sure why people hate it. Maybe it because it DOES remind them of the computer, LOL! But that works for me and makes selection more accurate because the mouse indicates where you're about to click. JMO.
    mouse does scroll fine but the annoying part is u have to get the pointer precisely to those little up and down arrows on scroll bar.using 4-way to scroll instead of pointer is even more annoying as u have to keep flicking ur finger up and down so many times if for e.g. u r browsing.
    i don't think it's same as using pc 'cuz most laptop touch pads have an option to just slide ur finger vertically or horizontally to scroll and if u use mouse than most of them have the scroll wheel unless u r old school!

as someone mentioned, the best option would be a touch pad but also a 5-way just like treo surrounding the touch pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    mouse does scroll fine but the annoying part is u have to get the pointer precisely to those little up and down arrows on scroll bar.using 4-way to scroll instead of pointer is even more annoying as u have to keep flicking ur finger up and down so many times if for e.g. u r browsing.
    i don't think it's same as using pc 'cuz most laptop touch pads have an option to just slide ur finger vertically or horizontally to scroll and if u use mouse than most of them have the scroll wheel unless u r old school!

as someone mentioned, the best option would be a touch pad but also a 5-way just like treo surrounding the touch pad.
    If you get decent on the touchpad you can hold down a bar to scroll and use your thumb to drag the bar down, much like click and drag on a pc. it takes a few tries but once you get it going it's smooth as silk.
    Since you've now had the Epix for awhile, I have a question about the volume of the ringer...some on other forums complained it is too soft, or that it is set to be soft than gradually gets louder (but still not loud enough and by then they've missed the call already). Have you found this to be a problem?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678