Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Not to sidetrack the thread but does anyone know why the Fuze wasn't released on 10/25 like it was supposed to be? Do we have a date on that?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I heard the 4th of Nov.

P.S. Looks like that date is a bust, NO FUZE today!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 11/04/2008 at 05:19 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I've heard shipping on the 4th, available in the stores by the end of that week. I think it's going to be a lot like the Epix where not every store will know what you're talking about.

I went in one store and asked about the Fuze and the Assistant Manager said they had them. I have to admit I was a little excited until she walked me to the Tilt they had on display.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    OUCH... I love my Palm (that sounds so wrong) but the price on the Epix is killing me!

$89 Link

WOW Now it is FREE!

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I am getting used to the mouse.
    But the scroll issue is incredibly terrible.

No, it has nothing to do with hitting it perfectly. It just doesn't work.
    Plus anyone who has ownd smartphones for years knows it is about quickness onehanded ness and utility. There is no way to do it with your finger thumb at all. I was ready to throw the EPIX out the window today it was so aggravating. Maybe if I got the app that made the volume control the scroll.

Treo Pro is MUCH better at scrolling.

Yeppers!!! That is exactly why I sold mine! I think most people use the treo becuase it is so 1 hand friendly. The Samsung Touch Pad really takes that away!

I don't know about you, but I would guess that 90% of my keypad pressing is scrolling. The Treo's D-Pad makes it soooo easy!

That said, sorry you are not enjoying your investment. Why not sell it on eBay contract free (for more then you paid) then get the Treo Pro for about $100 out of pocket???

-D
    I finally got to see one in person. But the store disabled a lot of the functions on the display!!

Which feels more solid, the Epix or the Pro? I thought the Epix was a little plasticky. I also want to look at a Fuze.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Thanks, I can take it back... I still am in my first 30 days. I paid full boat, I didn't sign contract. ATT gave me roughly $300 for any phone, it went directly on my account.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
    Of course, with an unlocked phone, you can use Media Net ($15/month) rather than PDA plan ($30/month). Over the life of a 2 year contract, you would save $360 - more than making up the difference.
    I'm wrong. I had been paying the $15 - apparently I was grandfathered into some ancient plan that doesn't exist anymore. I tried a BJII, and that put me up to PDA Personal ($30). When I tried to change myself back to my old $15 Media Net plan, it's the same price as the PDA plan - $30.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Samsung blackjacks always had a problem with lagging text input while texting, but curiously not anywhere else. Also, not a fan of the keyboard, but definitely a good device. I still will keep my Treo Pro as it offers more to me than the Epix.

How does the keyboard stand up against the Treo Pro versus the Samsung.

I just got the phone yesterday and there is a lot to like. Still playing with it may try out the Bold tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    How does the keyboard stand up against the Treo Pro versus the Samsung.

I just got the phone yesterday and there is a lot to like. Still playing with it may try out the Bold tomorrow
    The keys are easier to hit, but they're also harder to press down on the BJII. I got used to the Treo Pro keyboard fairly quickly - but I do prefer my Treo 750 keyboard the most of any QWERTYbar device I've used.
    I have no trouble pressing down on mine.

BTW, Epixes are going at $100-$150 off on Craig's, either new(box opened) or used for 2 days or something. I've seen $300-$350, one for $400. I may buy one off someone.

Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    Samsung Epix is just released on AT&T. From the first glance the spec is quite comparable with Treo Pro. Any ideas and thoughts on how they match up?

Here's the link for Samsung Epix.
    I returned the Epix and got the BB Bold from AT&T, probably will return that phone too! Wish the Treo Nova was out or even a Access Linux!!

I guess no perfect phone out there
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    Samsung Epix is just released on AT&T. From the first glance the spec is quite comparable with Treo Pro. Any ideas and thoughts on how they match up?

Here's the link for Samsung Epix.

still hard to use, i returned the Epix and got the Bold, which I will return and stay with the Motorola Q9c till the Nova comes out or the guy writes the software to redo the Palm OS
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i feel like waiting for fuze (large screen and resolution) but then i know att will spoil the party for me by crippling gps and adding their useless junk on it!
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I do not have an EPIX to confirm this but Mobility Today has a article stating how to get an EPIX to work with programs other than AT&T's Navigator. The link to the article is:
    http://mobilitytoday.com/news/009038/samsung_epix_hack

The article's text (by David Ciccone) describes the solution as:

GPS out of the box uses some funky port that AT&T uses for their Navigator program. I couldn't get any other program to pick up on my GPS. But luckily the fix is simple. Start > Settings > Sytem Tab > GPS Settings: Programs Tab: GPS Program Port = COM1 Hardware Tab: GPS Hardware Port = COM9;baud=4800
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    If someone with an EPIX can confirm this tweak works, it would probably remove the last obstacle keeping me from getting an EPIX.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I got to play with an EPIX the other day at an AT&T store. For what it's worth, I thought the screen was just fine and did not experience the edge of screen pressure issues reported by others on this forum. I even liked the mouse.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    There may be more to the fix than Mobility Today indicates. I found a link to an AT&T Samsung forum that describes a solution using a XDA Developers program to mirror the GPS port. The link to the forum thread is:
    http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...hread.id=62932
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I heard the 4th of Nov.

P.S. Looks like that date is a bust, NO FUZE today!
    Someone on Engadget now claims the 11th. I just hope before December.

Had a Treo 750 at work, got a Epix last week, used it for a weekend, and asked my IT department for another Treo 750.

Epix:
    Battery life was poor
    No way to shortcut brightness control to keypad or screen w/o 3rd party s/w
    Optical mouse is a nightmare (in 4 way or mouse mode)
    Optical cursor would randomly select things as it passed over them
    Wm6.1 not compatible with tcpmp for youtube
    Has what will probably be the worlds most expensive (telescoping) stylus
    Screen required extraordinary hard presses to "tap"
    Right side of screen had messed up alignment, combined with having to press hard made vertical scrolling next to impossible, add in the nightmare optical mouse, and the device was practically useless.

FWIW, real GPS worked out of the box with Google Maps, no mods
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast