Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Nice deal but I'm already with AT&T.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    Nice deal but I'm already with AT&T.
    Go sign up with T-Mo, Port number, cancel your ATT account, sign up for new ATT account, port number, cancel T-Mo, Good to Go.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Almost.

But people that like the Treo form factor probably wouldn't enjoy the Touch Pro/Tilt form factor and vice versa. I've had the 8125, 8525, and Tilt, and didn't really LIKE any of them besides the very cool factor of the tilt.
    The 8525 and all it's cousins are like a Sidekick for business. I didn't have a lot of problems with the design of the 8525 because the pull out keyboard is spacious and it's hard to make a mistake. Plus I need the screen real estate for my eyes. BUT the thickness is out of date, sort of. I'll take a look at the Fuze and see if I can handle it though. I hope they come out on Tuesday as promised.

I really would have preferred the Epix since it's similar to the BJII. I know you had problems on yours, but mine seems OK for now. The screen problem people are reporting is making me nervous though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The 8525 and all it's cousins are like a Sidekick for business. I didn't have a lot of problems with the design of the 8525 because the pull out keyboard is spacious and it's hard to make a mistake. Plus I need the screen real estate for my eyes. BUT the thickness is out of date, sort of. I'll take a look at the Fuze and see if I can handle it though. I hope they come out on Tuesday as promised.

I really would have preferred the Epix since it's similar to the BJII. I know you had problems on yours, but mine seems OK for now. The screen problem people are reporting is making me nervous though.
    For some, it's not a big deal to switch device form factors. After having random text messages, IMs, emails, etc. to respond to, I just can't go back to the slider device. And the number of shortcuts you can have, the fast dialing, etc. makes the front QWERTY so useful.
    Yeah, one handed usage is nice. I'm just willing to make the compromise if the Fuze is good enough. The interface and screen could do it for me.

However, any more Epix screen reviews from anyone? I'm speaking of the hard scroll problem.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Those Dirty Rats!!! EPIX - cannot function with WIFI, email works, activesync workds but NO INTERNET explorer With Wi Fi... how stupid is that?
    Is that greedy ATT trying to get us to suck data?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Those Dirty Rats!!! EPIX - cannot function with WIFI, email works, activesync workds but NO INTERNET explorer With Wi Fi... how stupid is that?
    This is off-topic, but you need to go to Start -> Settings -> Connections (tab) -> Proxy Manager and checkmark the box to disable the Cingular proxy server, which IE can't reach unless you're connected to WAP (and, hence, IE doesn't work with Wifi).

Doing this breaks the device.home webpage.

Opera Mobile/etc doesn't have this problem.

Someone at AT&T or Samsung was dumb to do this in the first place. (But I couldn't do it better myself, so I guess I shouldn't criticize.)
    will try in morning thx.
    I just saw the CNET Epix review, makes me want it all over again!

Although Bonnie said nothing about the hard scrolling you've mentioned, she did say the keyboard was too stiff. Your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Turn off your Proxy
    I wouldn't describe the keyboard as stiff but instead firm. It's very similar to the keyboard (if not identical) to the Blackjack II.
    Here's my take on the screen:

First of all, I've been using the mouse pretty much 24/7. I've gotten pretty speedy with it, and tried using the pad as a 4-way for all of 2 minutes before setting it back to mousing. I find it to be really easy and intuitive, but it does require getting used to using your thumb to move the cursor around. Maybe because I was coming from a year and a half with an iPhone the odd navigation wasn't as much of a shock (I was just happy to have some navigation tools at all).

I just played with some side scroll bars to see what everyone's been complaining about. I think the issue is that with the flush screen, if your hand drifts, you move onto the border and off the touch area, so you stop scrolling. You have to work to stay right in the touch area neatly, and that can be tough. Once I concentrated on dragging along the touch area and not near the border I got a bit more accurate. It is very tough to do with your fingers though, depending on the thickness of the scroll bar you're trying to drag.

Overall, I haven't noticed any screen touch issues, but like I said I've been mostly mousing and only pulled the stylus for solitaire on a train (it's really hard to drag with your thumb while the train is rocking along.)

Does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Go sign up with T-Mo, Port number, cancel your ATT account, sign up for new ATT account, port number, cancel T-Mo, Good to Go.
    So net cost is $89 plus T-Mobile's ETF which is what?
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    So net cost is $89 plus T-Mobile's ETF which is what?
    You didn't take me seriously, did you?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yeah, one handed usage is nice. I'm just willing to make the compromise if the Fuze is good enough. The interface and screen could do it for me.

However, any more Epix screen reviews from anyone? I'm speaking of the hard scroll problem.
    It's not just one-handedness - it's just so efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    You didn't take me seriously, did you?
    Hadn't planned on doing it, just wondered if anyone ever did the math on these and realized how much you end up paying MORE to get a good deal!
    See what AT&T is willing to do on the price of the Epix. Maybe an independent dealer would work better than a corporate store. They seem to be able to offer better deals.

I think I'm more of a Fuze person, because when I mobile web browse, I like the bigger screen. I've had to use my 750 for the last month because my Tilt is getting repaired and I miss the screen size.

When I have the Tilt, I miss the one-handedness, and when I have the 750, I miss the screen size. Can't there be one phone with it all!
    I am getting used to the mouse.
    But the scroll issue is incredibly terrible.

No, it has nothing to do with hitting it perfectly. It just doesn't work.
    Plus anyone who has ownd smartphones for years knows it is about quickness onehanded ness and utility. There is no way to do it with your finger thumb at all. I was ready to throw the EPIX out the window today it was so aggravating. Maybe if I got the app that made the volume control the scroll.

Treo Pro is MUCH better at scrolling.
    Well that's a bad sign.

I need to go look for myself, but now I have to wait for the Fuze too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast