1.    #1  
    I have been using Treo for 3 versions and like it.

Required:
    - Writeable screen
    - QWERTY Keyboard

Don't particularly like:
    - Treo's weight & width

Really like:
    - I phone's cool look & flow

My current 7ooW is getting REALLY ragety.

What should I upgrade to and is there a new Treo coming out anytime soon. I also use Verizon.

Thanks for you help.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Have you looked at the Centro. A friend of mine with Vzn is looking to upgrade and there are a few good deals with Centro. Otherwise, you are at a bit of a crossroads. Good news is lots of choices. Palm is planning on using a new OS for next round of some devices, OS Access ALP 3.0, The G1 running Android is out. Are you stuck on Windows Mobile? Not sure if there is an upgrade for WM available. I am not a fan of WM..but if I had to the HTC Touch Diamond would be my phone....
    It depends what you need in your phone, if your a business man I would stick with a trek like device. If not there are many options. I had a treo 700, 680, and a 750 and I switched to the iPhone and I love my iPhone, would not trade it for any phone. Work hasgiven me a blackberry curve and it is good for emails and as a phone otherwise I hate it. Worst browser I have ever seen.
    Why not test drive a few. Who is your service provider?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Well it depends on what you are looking for a phone, functionality or just for style. The Treo Pro looks promising, it has a great features like a 2 MP camera 1600x1200 pixels, Built-in GPS, Full PIM functionality, Office Mobile (Word, Excel, Outlook) with a battery life of 5h(talk time) and 250h (standby time). If you're looking for a more stylish phone, then I suggest either the Samsung Omnia or maybe the iPhone =p.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Being on Verizon is going to be a problem. I wanted to go with them for my latest device, but their selection was so poor (and they had missed supposed release dates for new CDMA Treos) that I ended up going with Sprint instead.

Try the Treo 800w at a Sprint store. I like mine very much. It's much smaller than any Treo I've held before that was owned by someone else, so that might relieve your problem with the width & weight. It's far smaller than the BlackBerry I had before this, so I have nothing to complain about.
    I got rid of my 700p for a Centro and it was the greatest tech decision I've made. I got tired of waiting for NOVA.
    And now they're practically giving them away. I saw one offer the other day for $39.
    The Centro has the benefit of all of the evolution that occurred with previous Palm devices.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by aresquare1 View Post
    I have been using Treo for 3 versions and like it.

Required:
    - Writeable screen
    - QWERTY Keyboard

Don't particularly like:
    - Treo's weight & width

Really like:
    - I phone's cool look & flow

My current 7ooW is getting REALLY ragety.

What should I upgrade to and is there a new Treo coming out anytime soon. I also use Verizon.

Thanks for you help.

No... help palm die!!!

Purchase another brand!

I went with a moto Q9c... works great... best pda "Phone" (capital "P") that I've ever used. I tried the 800w and it sucked... sent it back with the quickness.

I like visiting this site to see when they start their name change... when palm dies. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    If your on Verizon you might want to check out that new blackberry that's coming out,I think it's the storm.
    I had verizon for 10 years,actually still do for the rest of the family, but I went with the iPhone and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for any phone. I loved my Treo 700p but the iPhone is the best imo. Take them all forva little test drive your the one it itvhas to impress. Work gavee a blackberry curve and it's great for email but otherwise I would throw the phone in the trash. Worst browser ever.
    Just got an HTC Fuze yesterday. So far (just a few hours of use) it's a great phone. Every band/radio known to man, including XM satellite. I have a Vista notebook that is *everything* to my business, and the Treo just would not reliably either tether or sync, so I got an AT&T data modem for $60 a month. But if the Fuze will tether successfully I can drop the data modem and pay off the $150 penaly in five months.
    Mike Caldwell
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I switched from a Treo 750 to a Samsung Epix (i907) and have never looked back. Far superior phone (as in signal), super battery, built-in aGPS and Wi-Fi plus more. The mouse though is a feature you either love or hate. Only cons from my perspective are locking into AT&T for 2 years and having to use the AT&T branded ROM (bloatware and crippled Internet Sharing).

I liked my Treo 750 but never was a Palm fanatic. The Treo Pro concept was nice sounding (unlocked and full of features) but its price, perception of poor build quality (lots of cracking complaints on the forum), poor customer service (again perceived from forum complaints) and Palm's deterioting market position drove me away from any serious consideration to buy it.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    If you are really infatuated with the iPhone and want that type of phone, search out the Samsung Omnia and see if it meets your needs.