1.    #1  
    We love our palms despite the taunts from the PPC world about speed. Well they may not beable to claim that anymore.

Check this article out.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6646611.html

lets imagine PPC power in Palm sized device.

boouyeow!!!
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    This isn't new, this isn't going to happen for AT least 18 months. And may I point out to you that the difference in size between a Prisim and the ipaq or jordana isn't anything to jump up and down about...

Sam Kleinman
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    Also it seems that Palm hasn't completely decided to go with completely with ARM processors. A article on PDABuzz.com (http://www.pdabuzz.com/#newsitem996016272,1336,) seems to point to a sort of competition as to decide who will provide the next Palm processor. What I wonder about it that if/when Palm changes it processor what will this mean to Handspring. Will they switch processors or go with a new OS? Just how portable is the Palm OS?
    Originally posted by visigoth
    Also it seems that Palm hasn't completely decided to go with completely with ARM processors. A article on PDABuzz.com (http://www.pdabuzz.com/#newsitem996016272,1336,) seems to point to a sort of competition as to decide who will provide the next Palm processor. What I wonder about it that if/when Palm changes it processor what will this mean to Handspring. Will they switch processors or go with a new OS? Just how portable is the Palm OS?
    Palm HAS deicded to go with arm processors; however what this news article states is that they haven't decided from which manufacture they will get them. They could get Motorola's New ARM bassed dragonball, or they could go with the Intell strong arm (ie like epoc and iPAQ) either way it is arm, and in any case it has no effect on portability!!!!

Handspring will continue to licence the PalmOS untill 2009 I belive. they will go with the new processor and operating system, and they will probably use what ever palm uses. They might deside to use symbian or windows CE embeded as well, but I doubt it...

Sam Kleinman
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    There's got to be some interim models between now and the ARM debuts? Any speculation on that? I'm guessing 66mhz and hi-res for both Palm and H'spring. Where's that visor snap by the way??
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
  6.    #6  
    I say skip 66mhz and go straight for 200mhz and up. Oh and Hi res display.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.