1.    #1  
    Is this thread bloat? I've been gone a week, so smack me down if I'm being repetitous!

Looks like HS cares more about wireless than color. From The Standard,

"You will hear more from us about our first integrated wireless product before the end of the calendar year," Dubinsky said. She noted also that wireless is the only area for which the company is continuing to add staff.

However, wireless has proven to be somewhat of a challenge for Handspring. On Monday, the company reduced the price of its VisorPhone, a product that transforms a Handspring Organizer device into a cell phone, from $250 to $49.

Ed Colligan, who promoted from VP of sales and marketing to COO on Wednesday, admitted that the VisorPhone had not met expectations. He said, however, that the product line had provided Handspring with a valuable learning experience in wireless as it strives to build its next generation of products.
    That last bit about the phone, ouch! So, we have to wait until what, February? Looks like dropping the price is more than just the standard Cell Phone Industry hoo ha, they probably overestimated demand and are now ditching inventory to make way for the new stuff.
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn:
    That last bit about the phone, ouch! So, we have to wait until what, February? Looks like dropping the price is more than just the standard Cell Phone Industry hoo ha, they probably overestimated demand and are now ditching inventory to make way for the new stuff.

*shrug* When the thing was designed for a technology which has spotty deployment in this country, I can't see how they would have expected it to be a runaway success. They did crash the model by roughly six months, though, so it's definitely not cellular SOP from that perspective, but OTOH, there is no hard and fast rule within their particular product space because it's sort of unique.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...