Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Oh yeah, I've heard about NYC having bad 3G.

BTW, the Pro could have the same problem on AT&T. It's not the phones, but the network. I had neighborhood specific outages a few weeks ago. One block worked, another one didn't and I DON'T believe it was the phone because these outages in my case are always on the weekend. And the phones work fine again on Mondays through Fridays. And it's crazy for them to all act up in the same neighborhood at the same time. Weird.

The tower for this area must be screwed up due to heavy weekend usage.
    See I have to disagree with you here, I just picked up a Treo Pro to go along with my iPhone 3g and my service is even better than the iPhone 3g. And I have not had many issues with the service but it certain areas is does lose 3g to switch to edge. Now the Pro, is rock solid and does not flinch in those same areas. So I'm sorry to say it is the hardware. If it wasn't don't you think we would be hearing from more than just iPhone 3g users complaining about 3g? How many Tilt owners do we hear complaining about 3g issues? None... or any 3g phone for that matter. Something is screwy and I don't think it's AT&T's fault completely...
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 10/09/2008 at 08:49 AM.
    The phones that went out on me weren't 3G iPhones. Plus the timing is weird. Weekends only is very strange. Although I'm pretty certain that Apple used an inferior chip listening to all the complaints, AT&T's network is weird too. I'm going to try another phone and see if this happens this weekend.

That's too bad about the Bold, would have loved to have seen it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Go with the Treo Pro, its much better than the Bold. RIM made quite a mess with the BB bold, hopefully they'd get to live up to the hype with the Storm or the rumored BB Magnum.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    will most likely ditch my AT&T curve whose radio doesn't do too well around my home for the new Bold (AT&T). the design refresh looks good to me as well.

sleek, light, less bulky continues to work for me.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    will most likely ditch my AT&T curve whose radio doesn't do too well around my home for the new Bold (AT&T). the design refresh looks good to me as well.

sleek, light, less bulky continues to work for me.
    You better hope that RIM fixed the radios in the Bold... if you had issues with a Curve I could not imagine how messed up it will be with the Bold.
    Lets hope the delays in testing payed off.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ck out my mini-review down in the blackberry forum.....the Bold is a really nice device, just a touch larger than "i" would like. the radio actually seems better than my Curve, but i have only had it for three days now.

rim is to be commended once again.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve

BTW, the Pro could have the same problem on AT&T. It's not the phones, but the network. I had neighborhood specific outages a few weeks ago. One block worked, another one didn't and I DON'T believe it was the phone because these outages in my case are always on the weekend. And the phones work fine again on Mondays through Fridays. And it's crazy for them to all act up in the same neighborhood at the same time. Weird.

Hi "Treo Lady", I got the bold and returned it (nice phone and I tried the new Samsung wm mobile prof (returned that too) I do not get quite as many phones as u do but I try. Waiting in patiently, to be sure
    I want to try the Fuze next.

BTW, I really like the Epix and will be using it. I likely won't try the Bold at this time since WM works well for me.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    played with the storm a few weeks ago, still very buggy, needs a bit of work and smoothing over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiffer View Post
    Go with the Treo Pro, its much better than the Bold. RIM made quite a mess with the BB bold, hopefully they'd get to live up to the hype with the Storm or the rumored BB Magnum.

This problem seems to be cured for the time being. I haven't had a complete outage for at least a month. Although the 3G reset itself and I was on EDGE for a while. I think this happened on Friday.

I'm hoping this was just AT&T prepping the network for all it's 3G phones.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Those outages have really caused a lot of problems. Hopefully everything goes back to normal especially with the economy dropping like crazy.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Tried out the Bold and the Storm yesterday. The Bold is a classic BB. In fact it is the best BB every sold IMHO. The Storm is crap. That said, I haven't found any phone without a physical qwerty keyboard to be any good for messaging/PDA stuff.

I would love to replace my company issued Curve with a Bold but it is unlikely to happen anytime soon. I would not replace my personal Centro with a Bold though. The BB OS lacks some things I need in a personal device. Major weaknesses are email and PIM support and no PocketQuicken for BB OS.
    This is only from my personal experience, but I would suggest handling both of them (you might be able to do this at a Best Buy, since I think they sell the unlocked Treo Pro there) and trying to navigate around a bit. I went from a trackwheel BlackBerry to a Treo 800w, and one of the things that I strongly disliked about the new BlackBerry devices is the trackball. I don't like navigating with it, and I especially don't like clicking it. Considering how often you'll have to use whatever navigation you have (trackball vs. d-pad), I'd suggest figuring out which one feels most comfortable to you.

That being said, if one device has something that's more important to you (like BIS push e-mail) that the other device doesn't, maybe you will have to compromise.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    So I have come to this cross road and I can't figure out what I want to do. I have had the Bold since late Novemeber and it has served me very well. I used to have a Sprint Treo 800w, which I used mostly for work. Well I've switched to the Bold for work and have a Treo Pro for personal use on a different line. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep using two phones, one work and one personal or if I want to ditch one phone and only carry one phone that is both for work and personal calls.

So if I decide to keep two phones the the issue ends up being moot. If I only want to carry one phone, which do I keep, my Bold or my Treo Pro? There is a lot to like about the Bold, I and a huge fan of Beejive on the Bold as well as the Facebook app, and Yatca ( Twitter app ). The Treo Pro brings excellent Threaded SMS, the ability to use some of my favorite apps like Allreader + and Skyfire ( which is in alpha for Blackberry).

I can't decide which is a better device to stick with, and was hoping that by surfing the net I could find some info or someone that had an opinion that might help me out. This thread had some good ideas, but it didn't look like much had changed since the Pro was released. Anyone got anything new to add??
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12