1.    #1  
    I have both these phones and each have its merits. For now I did the self activation thing and switched from the Treo to the Motorola.

My question is, what is the best way to get the data from the Treo to the Motorola? I am mainly concerned about contact information.

More and more I am using "cloud" computing to access my contacts on Google and perhaps that is my best solution. Dunno.

Comments/Suggestions appreciated.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    The easiest thing to do might be to take the devices to your carrier's store and have them do it. Unless you have internet access on your new phone, cloud based technology won't work
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    The easiest thing to do might be to take the devices to your carrier's store and have them do it. Unless you have internet access on your new phone, cloud based technology won't work
    Ty so much for the information. I decided to fix it myself by switching back to my Treo which is a 700wx btw. Just could not do without the pocket internet explorer...lol
    I put names into my 700wx via the "First Name" field. One reason I do this is just so if I ever want to export these contacts into a phone that only has one field for "name", it'll work (with max character limitations, of course).

Also, by using only the "First Name" field, searches on middle names work, whereas if you use the "First", "Middle" and "Last" name fields you cannot search on middle names. (i.e. John Jones Pizza - you can't search on "Jones")

-Frank