Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Dear PalmOne,

It is with great regret that I am writing to say I am leaving you. I have been a fan and close friend for many years now. I had a Handspring device back in the day, followed by a Vx, another two devices (whose names I forget), and finally a 650i.

However, the time has come to say goodbye. I really wanted to maintain our relationship, but you were just getting too old and weary for me. My 650 was breaking down. Resets, screen cracking, and finally the case began to come apart. It's probably over 2 years old by now, so it is understandable given the heavy use.

I tried to upgrade, but alas, my Verizon store only had a Centro. Sure it has more modern features, but it seemed like an overall downgrade to me. I tried waiting for an 800 / 850, but Verizon would not be getting one. I waited, and waited. As a matter of fact, I remember skiing at Vail this spring, thinking I was going to have to replace the 650 soon, and got excited that the 800 / 850 line was coming out. I was fairly excited at the time.

I just cannot wait any longer. So, you'll now find me over at the Crackberry forum. I wish you the best, and maybe we'll catch up again some day.

Until then, goodbye.

cmb13
    My Centro is a huge upgrade from my 650, IMHO.

Have fun!
    wow..you're really downgrading now to a BB. But you'll be back
    Wow, such a formal g'bye.

Have you even touched a Centro? It's a great little device, well on Sprint anyway.....

Anyway, have fun on the darkside....

Oh yeah, did you know you can change carriers and get the Palm device you want?

One of the first things I did with the black Centro was load the full Kinoma, go over to youtube and play Steve McQueen's Bullitt chase. I wish for POS TreoPro (or better, Nova on a larger screen-hint hint Palm) -- Centro surprises just fine. And it has CutANDPaste.
    My Centro was a definite upgrade from my 700p.
    Good Luck.
    What kind of BB are you getting, WorldPhone 8830, Curve or Pearl? In addition to my Treos (680, 750) I have a Blackberry 8820. Love QWERTY, love the Blackberry OS.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I needed to stay with Verizon b/c my paging service is directly linked with it. I really just didn't love the Centro. I got a Curve; not sure of model number, but the one that Verizon gets.
    The Centro is a huge upgrade from the 650. Sorry you refused to give it a chance, but I hope you enjoy your Blackberry! My brother in law has one and he's addicted to it..LOL
    don't let the door hit you in the *ss on the way out. Seeya...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb13 View Post
    I needed to stay with Verizon b/c my paging service is directly linked with it. I really just didn't love the Centro. I got a Curve; not sure of model number, but the one that Verizon gets.
    That would be the 8330. Sweet. I didn't like the Centro's keyboard. I much prefer either the 680/750 keyboard or a Blackberry keyboard. I'm loving my 8820's keyboard. They redesigned it from the original 8800 style and beveled the keys. Makes a world of difference. I guess we'll be seeing you over at www.BlackBerryForums.com, huh?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    That would be the 8330. Sweet. I didn't like the Centro's keyboard. I much prefer either the 680/750 keyboard or a Blackberry keyboard. I'm loving my 8820's keyboard. They redesigned it from the original 8800 style and beveled the keys. Makes a world of difference. I guess we'll be seeing you over at www.BlackBerryForums.com, huh?
    I haven't been over there; I've been on the Crackberry Forum.
    Still, you have to live with the BB. Good luck..
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Still, you have to live with the BB. Good luck..
    We still have a few 700Ps at work. Whenever I have to pick one up, I remember all the reason I left Palm. Since I dumped my Palm, I've had 2 BBs and the iphone and could never imagine returning to the clunker that is Palm OS.