1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

Anyone here upgraded to the recently released HP Ipaq 910? I've read reviews already and most the reviews have pointed out short battery life / WM reporting battery over heating.

Anyone owning this device experienced this?

Thanks,

Vernon
    well I have the Ipaq 910 (latest ROM 1.00.03) and I suspect I will have it for 17 more days or until I return it.(21 day return policy) I have owned ALOT of phones.. I mean ALOT!.. every treo GSM model, all the Nokia E series, (including the current E71, (by the way is awesome), all of the Ipaqs, the Iphone 3G and 1st gen, I have had Motorola's, etc etc etc... this Ipaq 910 is by far the worst of the bunch so far as quality of speaker sound coming through the handset... far and away the worst.. and your ear has to be EXACTLY over the speaker slot or forget it... It is not loud and it is not a good quality speaker.. I guess what I am trying to convey is.. the speaker on this phone sucks!

dislikes:

1: the speaker in the phone (internal on a call) is horrible. It sounds reallllly cheap and tinny..
    2: The Cyberon Voice control built in is horrible!.. It detects commands OK on the handset, but It also sounds terrible, and has bugs with both my Bluetoth headsets, (Moto H12, and Nokia 800). the voice heard through the BT headset is extremely distorted and 100 percent unusable.
    3: Google Maps in the ROM (huge mistake) does not work with (locate me service), there is already a Google maps version newer than the one on the Ipaq but it cannot be loaded, it cannot replace the ROM version and it crashes the device if trying to install the newer version. This is a HUGE mistake and I hope the Treo Pro doesn't make the same stupid decision!!
    4: The recessed screen is antiquated and looks it!.. C'mon... use a Flush screen!! all the smudges and dust get trapped, and the stylus and finger is more cumbersome to use swiping across the screen... the Treo IS FLUSH!!
    5: The Keyboard is decent.. but the shape of the keys takes getting used to.. I for one do no like it at all... personal pref here..
    6: Design , is Boxy, thick, and looks antiquated ( see screen complaints)
    7:VERY slow initial GPS location.. and yes I used the GPS app to download location... still VERY VERY VERY SLOW.. I almost gave up on it..
    8: 320x240 screen.. hey if it's capable of a 320x320... why not put it in??

Overall, I think it's a decent phone.. for $199.00 if I bought it 2 years ago!! Otherwise... for my $500.00 bucks I want NEW technology.. a flush screen, a good sounding speaker (internal and speakerphone) and for the love of anything holy!!!.. PLEASE PLEASE.. oh PLEASE.. leave the third party applications up to the discretion of the owner of the phone and stop stuffing the ROM with apps that are updated as frequently as you change your underwear!! ( google maps)...
    It's Going back... and I will try the Treo Pro when it comes out... I may be able to bear the Treo Pro's installed Google. if the phone SOUNDS like a great $549.00 phone and it is well made, with a great screen resolution...

there... that's my .02
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The battery life is the only issue i've heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellobro View Post
    The battery life is the only issue i've heard.
    "heard" and actually using the device are two completely different things.
    If You don't mind Yesterdays package at todays price.. go for it..
    Otherwise.. The antiquated casing, the recessed (not flush) 240x320 screen, the subpar speakers, and the lousy voice command is enough to get me to send it back..which I already did.
    I have the Iphone 3g now.... guess I will wait for either the Treo Pro or Blackberry Bold... though I see the Treo Pro's 320x320... and Flush screen a HUGE improvement over the Ipaq 910.. that Bold is sounding pretty Nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    ...The antiquated casing, the recessed (not flush) 240x320 screen, the subpar speakers, and the lousy voice command is enough to get me to send it back..which I already did.
    I have the Iphone 3g now....
    How's that iPhone voice command?
    Does not exist.. hence my wait for the Bold Or Treo Pro.. I figure if you are going to include a feature it should work correctly.. That is what I am assessing... I was not Comparing it to the Iphone.. you did that.. I just happen to own an Iphone for what it has to offer... the qwerty phones I look at are for a different purpose...