Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. mmereos's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
       #1  
    I never thought it would happen but I made the switch and there is no coming back. I will still respond to post here because I still think the Treo 750 is a great device but the 3G, the applications that are now available, and the Exchange integration of the iPhone was what prevented me from switching in the first place. I actually bought the original iPhone and came back to the Treo within days. What really is amazing is how I was so used to the slowness/sluggishness of the Treo 750 because of Windows mobile, and now that I am on the iPhone I can't believe the difference in speed and responsiveness.
  2. #2  
    What do you do when you need copy and paste and/or drafts or templates? Inability to save and copy text are the things that still keep me from using it as a full time business device. Until someone releases a competent app to fix this HUGE oversight or Apple fixes it themselves in an update.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. mmereos's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    What do you do when you need copy and paste and/or drafts or templates? Inability to save and copy text are the things that still keep me from using it as a full time business device. Until someone releases a competent app to fix this HUGE oversight or Apple fixes it themselves in an update.


    Hey there Phone Diva. LONG TIME.....I assure you that those are all non-isssues. I used to cut and paste all the time with my treo 750, but I can type so fast with the iPhone that it doesn't matter. I am even OK with it not having the Emoticons. I LOVED those with the Treo... All my friends were jealous when my smileys, etc were icons. I don't even use the iPhone as an mp3 player like some people do, I have a real iPod for that. I was very frustrated with my Treo after installing Goodlink and then it really slowed down, it couldn't even keep up with my Text messaqging which I send about 3500/month. The iPhone I can honestly say I can't type fast enough to fill it's buffer.
  4. #4  
    But for me that's a serious drawback, considering how many duplicate texts and emails I need to send. Typing the same message over and over gets on my nerves badly, fast or not. So I had to abandon the iPhone for business as of now. You have more patience than I do, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But for me that's a serious drawback, considering how many duplicate texts and emails I need to send. Typing the same message over and over gets on my nerves badly, fast or not. So I had to abandon the iPhone for business as of now. You have more patience than I do, LOL!
    Agreed Diva. Cut-n-paste remains a major oversight on Apple's part. Lots of positive (hopeful) rumors that the currently-beta upgrade is going to fix this shortcoming. It's been annoying not having it so far.
  6. billinaz's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #6  
    I didnt like the iPhone 3G. Its a great "gee whiz' device, but I hate not being able to store docs, view PDFs, among other things.

    I went back to my treo 750 this morning.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by billinaz View Post
    I didnt like the iPhone 3G. Its a great "gee whiz' device, but I hate not being able to store docs, view PDFs, among other things.

    I went back to my treo 750 this morning.
    I store all kinds of Office docs and PDFs and view them on the iPhone. Using FileMagnet, I get all that and more - but you have to have a Mac to take advantage of it.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    Hey there Phone Diva. LONG TIME.....I assure you that those are all non-isssues. I used to cut and paste all the time with my treo 750, but I can type so fast with the iPhone that it doesn't matter. I am even OK with it not having the Emoticons. I LOVED those with the Treo... All my friends were jealous when my smileys, etc were icons. I don't even use the iPhone as an mp3 player like some people do, I have a real iPod for that. I was very frustrated with my Treo after installing Goodlink and then it really slowed down, it couldn't even keep up with my Text messaqging which I send about 3500/month. The iPhone I can honestly say I can't type fast enough to fill it's buffer.
    I'm confused by this statement considering the iPhone DOES consists of a real iPod.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  9. #9  
    "Stand alone" might have been a better way to word it.

    I do think if the iPhone comes out in 32GB next, there really will be no need to carry both if you're already using an iPhone. Even the 16GB would work for me if they would fix the shortcomings. I'm also not happy to hear the new one has reception problems.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Posting Permissions