Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sure and for a device that does not do anywhere near as much as POS or WM OS devices, what would you expect? Oh, gosh, an email server goes down...Incidentally, I also have a 800W and no resets at all from software - just those I execute when I want to return the device back to a previous state.
    Personally, I think one should use the device that works best for them; not for someone else.
    I choose BB because I've had everything else and wanted to try something different. Started with a Pearl; 3 months later got a Curve. Still have my 755p for whenever I feel so inclined to switch back. HTC Touch is sitting in a drawer somewhere.

I think it's wrong to put someone down because they dont find the BB to be the life altering experience some people make it out to be.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Easy to do in this day and age. Curve: Long battery life, outstanding email, middling entertainment, so-so PIM, simplistic texting, decent phone, no resets - a review like that might have saved you the hassle of switch and switching back.
    No so sure about the "outstanding email". Its only outstanding if you have a BES server (normally provided by your employer). For gmail etc access, Chattermail is way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    No so sure about the "outstanding email". Its only outstanding if you have a BES server (normally provided by your employer). For gmail etc access, Chattermail is way better.
    With device OS 4.5 installed, you get full HTML email on BIS accounts. So yes, it is outstanding with gmail, yahoo and any other mail you may use.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
    With device OS 4.5 installed, you get full HTML email on BIS accounts. So yes, it is outstanding with gmail, yahoo and any other mail you may use.
    So if I delete an email in my gmail inbox via outlook, will the BB with 4.5 now delete its copy of the email?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    So if I delete an email in my gmail inbox via outlook, will the BB with 4.5 now delete its copy of the email?
    No. It does not. I couldn't stand the email on the Blackberry. There is nothing worse than having to read, organize & delete the same email twice. And the read status does not get updated either if you read it on your desktop. And forget about getting a "reply" icon if you've already replied.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Have you tried using the Gmail application for BlackBerry? It keeps them synced. The only thing I don't like about it is that it uses your gmail contacts instead of your contacts on your BlackBerry. Hopefully that gets fixed soon, or at least give us a free way to keep them synced together.

I noticed GoogleMaps doesn't access the contacts on my Curve too, so maybe it's a limitation of the device.
    Thanks for posting your experience with switching from Palm to BB Odessa. I, like you, am quite content with my 700P and all the things it can do with the many apps I have installed on it. I'm on Sprint and holding out for PalmOS 2.0 (Nova) or maybe something with Android, if either proves to be a significant improvement.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    No it doesn't. Even if you delete the email the Gmail message from your browser it won't reflect in the BB. Unread marks don't sync from the browser/desktop to the BB either.

Some other downsides include non realtime push with BIS (depending on your carrier and mail account it could be as slow as 15mins).

The attachment handling is pretty nasty. I can never read the contents of pdfs properly.

Currently I use my iPhone to access GMail and Yahoo. The IMAP sync is perfect. The BB is for access to my corporate Lotus Notes account. As far as I'm concerned a BB without BES is nigh useless.
    They fixed the imap push issue for BIS. Tested on my Sprint 8330, gmail imap pushed instantly.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Now if it would only sync read, deleted, and be able to put into folders.... too bad you can't.... That's why I dropped the 8330. Not a useful device if you don't have BES.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    There are a lot of things I liked about the Blackberry, but tons of things I didn't. I'm going to make a post in the next day or so comparing the Blackberry 8830, iPhone 3G, and Treo 755p. I used both the iPhone and 8330 for 29 days of my 30 day return period, so I got a good taste of BOTH phones, and I still came back to Palm. You should look for my post.
    There have been a ton of Centro/755p vs BBCurve comparisons already on a lot of different sites if you want to look those up. Not so much iPhone vs Curve/755p though because generally they don't even target the same market.
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    I think it's wrong to put someone down because they dont find the BB to be the life altering experience some people make it out to be.
    Absolutely.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

15. sv3
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm looking to upgrade from a Treo 680, but call recording is important. Any solutions yet in WM or BB that come close to CallRec?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12