Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Yeah, while I love the app store, its needs an overhaul. Also, the update mechanism needs to be greatly improved.

cmair, without getting specific, how are your apps selling? better or worse than expected? I know there is a tool out now that developers can view download amounts.
    I only have data for the last four days. I'm selling about 100-200 copies a day, it looks like. I'm sort of surprised the vegas solitaire game isn't selling better - I happen to think it's better than the game that is in the "top 25" lists. I might have to adjust the price to 0.99 or something. I've already submitted a fourth program and am working hard on a completely different kind of program that is much more complicated than the others, and will probably have to sell for more to pay for associated server accounts. Luckily this stuff isn't how I make my living :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    I only have data for the last four days. I'm selling about 100-200 copies a day, it looks like. I'm sort of surprised the vegas solitaire game isn't selling better - I happen to think it's better than the game that is in the "top 25" lists. I might have to adjust the price to 0.99 or something. I've already submitted a fourth program and am working hard on a completely different kind of program that is much more complicated than the others, and will probably have to sell for more to pay for associated server accounts. Luckily this stuff isn't how I make my living :-)
    100-200 a day sounds pretty good, but I have no idea of what your costs are. By the way, I have your demon solitaire, and I enjoy it very much. The reason I went with this app over the vegas solitaire is because I have had regular solitaire on all my cell phones dating back 10 years. Wanted something different.
    Demon solitaire is pretty buggy - I owe you a personal apology :-) The new version (already submitted to Apple) has no known bugs, however.

The new app I uploaded to apple yesterday is pyramid solitaire, for 99 cents.

My costs are almost zero. I have an artist who charges me on an hourly basis, and he's put in about four hours. Other than that it's just my time. Since I had to learn objective-C and the mac/iphone API's from scratch, the first app took me a long time, but now i can write 99-cent programs in about 2 days - the graphics take longer than the coding.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123