Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  

i saw the this and it made me think of 800w.

i wish it wasn't so broken. i'd have one for sure.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    My Blackberry Curve is currently wearing that very disturbing 800w wallpaper lol
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    My Blackberry Curve is currently wearing that very disturbing wallpaper lol
    is your curve "broke"?
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Nope , it seems to be working pretty good yet It wears the "800w Disturbing" wallpaper in tribute to my falling WM Palm friends.
    You guys and your Treo 800w envy. lol
    I've got the Treo 800w and a BB curve. IMHO there is no comparison, the Treo 800w is just way beyond my BB 8310.

Part of that is because of what Sprint bundles with their service plans that the Treo 800w can take full advantage of, but also Windows Mobile 6.1 versus the BB OS is no contest. There are just way more apps for Windows. The 800w's touch screen versus the BB's no touch screen, no contest.

Is there anybody else out there using BOTH the Treo 800w AND a BB Curve, that prefers their BB Curve?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I've got the Treo 800w and a BB curve. IMHO there is no comparison, the Treo 800w is just way beyond my BB 8310.
    I knew this would be a fun thread

I agree there is no comparison but lets go into detail.

What the 8330 Sprint Curve has over your 800w,
    70% better battery life
    Brighter screen.
    Better phone.
    Better speaker.
    Led blink Color control
    Looks so darn pretty

Now it seems those that use there device for business would choose the Curve.

Part of that is because of what Sprint bundles with their service plans that the Treo 800w can take full advantage of, but also Windows Mobile 6.1 versus the BB OS is no contest.
    If you are on a Sprint 800w data plan you will be paying $15 bucs more to gain BB data.
    OS is preference ...I myself like not having to soft/Hardreset every either day thus curve was the only logical choice

There are just way more apps for Windows. The 800w's touch screen versus the BB's no touch screen, no contest.
    There is no doubt that WM has more apps but ,
    800w battery is sad..I mean really sad to the point were threads are recommending turning everything off to get a days use out of.Some that turn everything off are only getting 5 hours of 800w life so you tell me,What good are tons of apps if your devices battery is dead within a couple hours of using.
    800w Screen res is not supported currently by many apps so that pretty much well evens up your WM more apps comment.
    I'm a fan of touchscreen..I loved it on my wx ...one problem with the 800w touchscreen , the stylist is like a rubber band and screen presents a very dim reminder on how low Palm has sunk in the last 2 years.

Is there anybody else out there using BOTH the Treo 800w AND a BB Curve, that prefers their BB Curve?
    I gave the 800w a test drive for over 3 hours and found,
    1)GPS to load very slow
    2)Battery drained form 100% to 40% in 3 hour time span..hmm I guess I should have turned everything off
    3)Phone Sucked
    4)Speaker sucked
    5)Screen to be weak
    6)Rubber band stylist
    7)The 800w looked like a prop from a old startrek episode from 1966
    Last edited by slingbox; 07/26/2008 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You guys and your Treo 800w envy. lol
    Come have some Java with us hannip ....heck i will pay for half of the darn device .
    Come have some Java with us hannip ....heck i will pay for half of the darn device .
    lol, I am very happy with my 800w. Your list of issues are not as bad as you list, at least for me. I go through a whole day without recharge. By the time I get in my car to drive home I've still got 40% charge left. More than enough for me. By the time I get home I have a full charge again.

Screen is fine, it's just a difference in the shade of white just like there was between the 700w and 700wx. I'm already used to it and it doesn't bother me one bit. I haven't had any issues seeing my screen in any environment so far.

My speaker is really good. Better sounding than my 700wx. For speakerphone it's fine as long as you keep the volume down. The loudness is still good for me even at the bottom notch. Would be nice if they fixed it so you didn''t have to turn it down. Maybe they will, but at least for the few times I ever use my speakerphone I have a workaround.

Earpiece volume is too low in noisy environments which is my only real complaint right now since Palm has stated the voice dialing over bluetooth will be available soon.

LED colors would be nice. This has been hacked before, but true we shouldn't have to.

The number of apps that don't work are shrinking fast. The only app that isn't perfect for me (besides our little projects) is SlingPlayer, but that even works well enough.

I prefer the 800w look over the toyish BB looks. To each his own.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Come on, boys. Join the party. You know you want to...
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Have the 800w....use it for business....use it pretty consistently throughout the day and don't see the issues to the extent that some have reported. I"m VERY happy with it!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I thought this was a wallpaper thread? Not my phone is better than yours btw, my 800w is better than yours
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I thought this was a wallpaper thread? Not my phone is better than yours btw, my 800w is better than yours
    Heh...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Come on, boys. Join the party. You know you want to...
    I'm enjoying watching the party on this one
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    70% better battery life

800w battery is sad..I mean really sad to the point were threads are recommending turning everything off to get a days use out of.Some that turn everything off are only getting 5 hours of 800w life so you tell me,What good are tons of apps if your devices battery is dead within a couple hours of using.
    can't confirm or disagree with some of what you said, but...

Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    Sprite back up failed me, too! it worked flawlessly on my 700wx and 700w, but had the same password issue as yours.

i went in to get my 800w replaced because of the battery issue. thought i'd play it safe and decided to perform TWO diff back ups.... both had password issues on the new 800w, lol.

first thing i noticed bout the new 800w replacement fone... was the different start up screen, shows a black sprint back ground right before it completed the boot up process. second thing i noticed was that the phone wasn't draining as quickly as the first 800w.... first 800w lasted 3-4 hours before it required a recharge. this second one was charged up last night at 9pm, didnt require a charge until today at 4pm, with somewhat heavy use throughout the day (2 hour phone call, 25 text messages, 30+ emails, Instant messenger). this 800w is simply amazing. so uh.... my advice is to make another exchange in a week or so, and... keep the faith! haha. or, call tech support, ask if they can send you one from their latest batch of 800w's.

special thanks to Malatesta and Mr. Hannip for genius, creative, life-saving work.... they're one of the big reasons why i've been able to make the most out of my treo's... i've since been able to impress a ton of friends enough to get them to switch over to these treo super phones.

note, there's still the issue of battery drain (after it's reached full charge), fluctuating from 100% down to as low as 94%, back up to 100%, etc. not sure why it does that on both 800w's. for now, i'm willing to put up with it, because the 800w is one slick phone!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...33#post1471633

edit:
    oh crap, i thought i recognized your sn, slingbox. just checked my pm box, you and hannip are the only two people i've pm'ed on this site, lol. i printed out those expensive shipping labels, people misplaced them, never shipped out the "thank you" packages, wasted the expensive shipping labels!
    if i ever come across them labels... i'll be sure to put them to use..... anyway, good to see you're still around.
    I mean if you prefer the BB I'm not mad at you, but let me tell you my take.

I knew this would be a fun thread

I agree there is no comparison but lets go into detail.

What the 8330 Sprint Curve has over your 800w,
    70% better battery life
    Brighter screen.
    Better phone.
    Better speaker.
    Led blink Color control
    Looks so darn pretty
    I totally agree with you about the batter life, but honestly I'm never in a position where the Treo 800w's battery life is an issue for me. I've always got a means to keep it charged. But if battery life is a real issue for anyone, I hear turning off the GPS functionality (to emergency only) helps.

I've got no issues with screen brightness, perhaps you should have adjusted the settings? Also, most BB backgrounds are white, perhaps you should have tried changing backgrounds and color arrangements if it was an issue for you.

Both as phones work equally as well for me.

No issues with speaker for me.

I could care less about the LED color

I'm about features, not looks.

And how's WiFi working on your BB?

How much more is your company paying in licensing fees for BB mail sync services? (That is, if your company has it's own Exchange server.)
    I can open MS Word documents e-mailed to me on my Treo 800w in Word Mobile, while the BB has a hack program.

Now it seems those that use there device for business would choose the Curve.
    Yea if they want to drain more of their company's bottom line in BB licensing fees, just so they can keep up with their e-mail and Outlook appointments .

If you are on a Sprint 800w data plan you will be paying $15 bucs more to gain BB data.
    OS is preference ...I myself like not having to soft/Hardreset every either day thus curve was the only logical choice
    And even more if you need the BB to link to a corporate in-house exchange server. Because you'll need BES and the licenses for it.

I don't have any continual resets. I think you're letting a vocal minority sway you on that claim.

As I've mentioned, while I agree the BB has way better battery life and if that is the #1 concern yea you should keep your BB, I happen to be in environments where I can keep my Treo 800w well charged. So I can easily enjoy that multitude of applications.

800w Screen res is not supported currently by many apps so that pretty much well evens up your WM more apps comment.
    What? So because the Treo 800w has a SUPERIOR screen it's no big deal because legacy applications can't take full advantage of it? That's like saying don't buy a wide screen HDTV, because most stations don't broadcast in HD . WM has way more apps even apart from any screen resolution matters, we're not comparing 2 WM devices. And more applications, means more applications that are available for business use .

I'm a fan of touchscreen..I loved it on my wx ...one problem with the 800w touchscreen , the stylist is like a rubber band and screen presents a very dim reminder on how low Palm has sunk in the last 2 years.
    I'm just not having any "dim" issues like you, but yea the plastic stylus is lame. Keep in mind, all other Treos already have a multitude of replacement styli available and I'm sure it will be no different for the Treo 800w in the very near future. And a touch screen with a lame stylus is better than no touch screen .

I gave the 800w a test drive for over 3 hours and found,
    1)GPS to load very slow
    I totally disagree with you there. My Treo 800w's GPS works great. I've seen some people complain, but that's not my Treo 800w.

I think I already talked about those other things you mentioned later in your comment. But hey, if it works for you "slingbox" I guess you never need to hook into a "slingbox" while on a business trip to catch a game .
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Heh...
    Sorry a bit out of it today...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Sorry a bit out of it today...
    So... When are you going to update your avatar and signature pic??
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Speaking of update a mod should update the tittle of this thread 800w vs. Curve. I think it's a little funny that OP started this thread especially with the that picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So... When are you going to update your avatar and signature pic??
    Soon hopefully...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast