Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by kevmccollum
    if i had a credit card i would buy the software. but i dont. so i cant. therefore i must find the cracked version of the software to get the full version.

I won't comment on this serverely flawed logic. Stealing is wrong, no matter what your excuse.

as for compition you are way off. there is not only windows and mac. lets see there are many many many versions of linux. Unix BSD seems to be popular a popular OS for servers. Oh yeah. there's also BEOS. there is a lot more competition then you think.

And what, 2% of actual people use those?

there are other non-microsoft programs that are included w/ all pocket pc products. like Peacemaker (by conduits) and ziogolf 2.

visor mods are not only bulky, but they keep releasing the same type of modules over and over. they need to release a CF converter module that will actually let u use the CF memory directly.

Visor mods aren't always bulky. And an iPAQ owner should talk, you need a sleeve to use CF.

windows ME sucks. I agree dont waste your time with that. get win 2k or wait till XP comes out. they are 2 great OS's. read PC world. they agree XP is going to be a great OS.

I'm not going to upgrade to fix things that shouldn't happen. I won't get XP since I actually want to play my MP3's. Mircosoft wants me to want what they give me. I don't.

I haven't seen an OS update for the visors sents 3.0 came now. they proboly are not going to even waste their time making an update so that visors will have palmOS 4. (this excludes the prism)

There are bug fix updates. Mircosoft won't even release a free fix for their problems.

I spent $430 on my iPAQ 3635 not $500+. this is noted in a previous post. I get great discounts where I work. therefore I pay for what the At cost price of the product is. not retail.
    If you get such a great deal, why not actually PAY for software. I don't like flaming people, but stealing software labels you as a theif and a jerk in my (and many other peoples') mind. I will not be replying to anymore posts of yours, I'm done correcting your flawed vision of PalmOS.

Fin.
    I have to give Kev some credit for sticking his neck out to invite abuse. On the other hand, I never read more than 1/3 of one of his posts, because the lack of punctuation/grammar makes it too tough for me to follow.

Let me rephrase that - I don't care enough about his opinion to put in the effort. I normally don't find the MS v. Palm OS debate to be very interesting. It usually starts to resemble the old Miller Lite commercials - "Tastes Great!" "Less Filling!"

However, I do want to respond to one of his observations - that Pocket PC is more stable than the Palm OS. This is manifestly incorrect. Every comparison review done by any reputable site has concluded that MS's OS is more buggy and crash prone than the Palm equivalent. CNET just updated their comparison piece, and gave the
    edge to the Palm OS, mostly for that reason.

I'm sure most the folks who post on this forum know that - however, a lot of people just lurk on this and similar sites trying to learn something about the different platforms. I thought I'd set the record straight.

Don't get me wrong. If I won the lottery, or otherwise found myself with around $500 laying around, I'd buy an IPaq. I don't hate MS for the sake of hating MS. Pick what works best for you, feel free to advocate for the benefits of your favorite platform, but you don't need to trash the other one in the process.
    if i had a credit card i would buy the software. but i dont. so i cant. therefore i must find the cracked version of the software to get the full version.

I spent $430 on my iPAQ 3635 not $500+. this is noted in a previous post. I get great discounts where I work. therefore I pay for what the At cost price of the product is. not retail.
    On your website you claim to be the "head of software at a compusa store i know what i'm talking about" and yet...

1) You possess the thinking and reasoning skills of a pre-teen.

2) Worse than that you lack the ability to even mechanically construct valid clauses, sentences, or paragraphs at a high school level.

3) You do not possess a credit card?

Somehow I seriously doubt the "head of software at a compusa store" could be so woefully backwards in matters academic and financial. (At least I hope CompUSA has SOME standards....)

Sorry if this seems like a flame, but checking out kev's much crowed about website, I noticed that it basically consists of links to illegal warez for PCs, PPCs, and Palms. As an ex-programmer (for Palm and other platforms) this seriously peeves me.

-Trotsky
    "head of software at a compusa store i know what i'm talking about" and yet...

1) You possess the thinking and reasoning skills of a pre-teen.
    Actually, that sounds just about right for describing a CompUSA employee...
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by VTL
    I have to give Kev some credit for sticking his neck out to invite abuse...
    I call that stupidity.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by homer

If I had money. I'd buy things. But I don't. So I steal things.
    Nicely put, but I think "i money no hav so steel ok" might work better.
    Originally posted by John Nowak

Nicely put, but I think "i money no hav so steel ok" might work better.
    That actually made me laugh out loud!
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Okay, I can believe that someone doesn't have a credit card (personal preference, credit problems, who knows), but I'd love to hear why he doesn't have any friends with a credit card who would be willing to use their credits cards online on his behalf in return for cash.

Besides, doesn't Visorcentral have some kind of policy on links to wareZ sites?
    Originally posted by bradhaak
    Kevin,
    But you are missing the point.
    PPCs are not superior. They are different.
    I agree with you. I think the Palm OS is great and has a place and does certain things better than the PPC and visa versa. I personally own a IPAQ PPC and it does what I want.

Jeff
  10.    #50  
    i never put a link to any warez site in any of my post. my site is not a warez site at all. if u read the disclamier you will understand that.

im 17. my bank (bank one) does not alow me to have a credit card until i am 18.

im no longer in software. ive been promoted to hardware. compusa is about servering it's customers. I am very smart with computers and software. I am also very good with customer service. If I wasn't then people wouldn't have writing professional letters to Hal Campton (president of compusa) expressing on how great I was to them.

sorry english class is not my favorite class. im sorry i can't be perfict in every subject. but i make up for it in other things. i have 3 college scholorships to 3 different colleges around where I live. Oakland University, University of Michigan, and Central University. All of them are for music. yes i am also a musican. tuba is my main instrument, but i play many others.
    I am a logical and probobility thinker. not a person who questions everything. logic thinks are typically math people. question people are typically language people. if your good in both. woohoo, good for you. but i dont care. on back to palms. do whatever you want. its like buying a car. lets compare. A caddilac and a neon. Neon gets better gas milelage, but the caddie just has a better style and class. save up a little bit more money and you will be happier with what you get.
    "there is always a way around the system" - redwing '99

visit http://www.kevintm.comwww.kevintm.com
    i never put a link to any warez site in any of my post. my site is not a warez site at all. if u read the disclamier you will understand that.
    You have several illegal files on your site that are directly and physically located at your US-based geocities hosting server. The IP addresses and corresponding DNS servers have been checked. In fact the very naming scheme of these files and the readme's contained therein all directly attribute all credit to "Kevin McCollum" as the collector, collater, and compiler of these illegal collections of pirate/warez files.

For future reference, if you are going to make compilations of warez, you really should not give yourself credit in the readme, nor should you name the file after yourself. That is a bit silly.

-=-=-=-=-

By the way suddenly deleting these files from your geocities account now won't protect you. Your geocities account is backed up every 24 hours; thus there are multiple records of the files in question that are no longer under your read/write control. If you really knew anything about computers you would realize this and not post zipped files full of warez named after you or post personal information on your site.

Please just be more careful in the future.

-=-=-=-=-=-

By the way, as someone who specific specialty is Internet law I feel I must tell you that your disclaimer has NO legal strength whatsoever. Please please be more careful in your young age. That click through disclaimer is worthless in any federal court of law.

-Trotsky
    BTW as a somewhat disinterested third-party, I have no intent to prosecute you in any way. So, I hope you didn't take my above post to be threatening in any way. I just wanted to warn you to be more careful in the future.

I used to be seriously into the hacking/phreaking/warez scenes way back at MIT (when you were less than 10 years old I guess) and saw several of my friends go to jail with various sentences for various software and hardware crimes at the tender age of 17-18. You seem extremely naive about the nature of anonymity on the Internet, so I just want to warn you to be a bit more careful.

Good luck, Kev.

-Trotsky
    I am a logical and probobility thinker.
    ROTFLMFAO!!!! You sure are.
    logic thinks are typically math people. question people are typically language people.
    Do you speak like this in person? And what are you talking about?

Your endorsement of PPC makes me happier than ever that I'm using Palm.

edited for nicety
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 07/14/2001 at 09:26 PM.
    -Joshua
    Originally posted by ****-richardson

Your endorsement of PPC makes me happier than ever that I'm using Palm.
    I know where you're coming from, but Windows gets enough flak as it is -- please don't blame it for this guy.

I'd really love to see a "Point/Counterpoint" head on comparison between the Palm and WinCE devices some day; if I had more spare time, I'd buy an IPAQ just to see if it offered anything substantial beyond my Edge.

"compusa is about servering it's customers."

I just really hope English isn't this guy's first language.
    Tolerance PLEEEEEEZE!

We were all 17 once. Kevin has so much on the ball, only some of it misdirected, perhaps.
    Thanks Trotsky, for the guidance advice. I'll bet that someone like Kevin, who is totally into learning, also has an open mind to self-improvement and will seriously consider the information.

His posts are polite and he is obviously very industrious. His opinions are opinionated. So what?

We all have tolerated so much MORE on vc, 'Wrong' opinions, 'Wrong' information, and 'Wrong' spelling.

As Mike Tyson said, "If you don't like what I say, change the *(^%)& channel!"

The kid has shown he can roll with 'our' punches, without resorting to profanity or flaming. That says something...Personally, I have found his posts interesting & amusing.

Lastly, anyone who has the entire script to Rocky Horror Picture Show on his site can't be all bad.
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by gbgood

His posts are polite and he is obviously very industrious. His opinions are opinionated. So what?
    They are also ignorant and some seem to be flat out lies.

I like "CompUSA is interested in severing it's customers".

I can see this thread being locked down soon.
    Tolerance PLEEEEEEZE!...
    I've edited my post. That's as much flak as he gets.
    -Joshua
    Tolerance PLEEEEEEZE!

We were all 17 once.
    Sure. And I could write complete sentences then.

Kevin has so much on the ball,

Uhm ... what?
    Let us catagorize the handheld world into four parts.

1. Palm OS
    2. PPC
    3. Linux
    4. Others

All are different and sport similar hardware. They fit the needs other thier users. Kevin, they are not better then one another, anything that is so different cannot be compared like that. A Palm vers a Visor can be, but not a PPC vers a Palm/Visor.

I am in good shape, I have not canceled any dates because of MY Prism. Who is it that did?

Of, and Kevin seems to simply take the work of others and use it to his own gain. Not real knowledge. How did the warez help him anyways? He just makes it sound like he is open-minded. Don't give people slack, they will just walk all over you then.
    Last edited by VisorSupporter; 07/15/2001 at 10:05 PM.
  20.    #60  
    ouch.

your right, i dont swear. i dont believe in swearing. i believe that if u dont have anything nice to say to someone else without giving them a good point with it. then dont say anything at all. im just gunna start posting less and less. this is turning away from a "palm vs ppc" thread into a "your and ***** vs your ok" thread. thats not what i wanted.

nobody is going to do anything with my personal information even if its posted on my website. do you actually think someone is going to waste their time stalking me or hunting me down. its not worth it.

english doesn't really matter to much in school anymore. never has for me, and proboly never will. classes like math and music do more for me and are going to get me a lot farther then english will. i mean, i know basic english and basic spanish. thats really all you need. to get a good job you would be better off if you had connections and actual work skills, then to go awsome super writing skills. im oviously a great speaker in person. if i wasn't i wouldn't be able to sell anything. i know how to get my information across and thats the point. who really gives a flying monkey about the little time wasting details. i like how no one commented about my car analogy. that put a smile on my face. basicly because everyone knows its true.

peace out.
    "there is always a way around the system" - redwing '99

visit http://www.kevintm.comwww.kevintm.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast