Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I am currently using a 755P and my wife has a 650. Power Vision is free on my 755 and $15 per month on the 650. I have been thinking about getting a curve but keep getting different answers about the BB data plan. I have heard everything from $40 extra for the BB and the 650 plan stays the same to $30 extra for the BB and the 650 goes from $15 to $30.

The only reason I was thinking of getting a BB was to get GPS and bluetooth that actually worked, but an extra $40 or $45 per month doesn't make any sense.
    What about the 800w? As for BB, you need to first research BES vs. BIS. On some Sprint Plans BIS is included (but not all). BES is never included. Good luck searching.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    What about the 800w? As for BB, you need to first research BES vs. BIS. On some Sprint Plans BIS is included (but not all). BES is never included. Good luck searching.
    Sprint charges $30 for the personal BB plan which uses BIS exclusively and no tethering. For $40 you can use either BIS or BES and tethering is included. Both plans include unlimited data and the personal plan includes sms messages.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I am sure the BIS plan is what I need. I don't quite get why it is $15 more than what I pay for PowerVision now but I guess that is just BB.

My 755P refuses to receive any calls so I am off the the Sprint store to either get it replaced or try a BB or 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    I am sure the BIS plan is what I need. I don't quite get why it is $15 more than what I pay for PowerVision now but I guess that is just BB.
    As a condition of sale (with all providers), RIM receives a portion of the monthly fee for BB access plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    As a condition of sale (with all providers), RIM receives a portion of the monthly fee for BB access plans.
    Well you are also using their servers (BIS). Sprint just provides the network, all the email and data services (pretty much everything except voice and sms) are provided by RIM's servers.