Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I think this has a lot to do with the fact that the Treo can do a lot more than a TungstenX err.. iPhone.
    The point I was making is that bigger feature sets don't equate to usability
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Isn't this about survival of the fittest? The more popular, the more revenue the telco and apple would get. They could keep mining those users that buy them.
    BINGO ! More popular doesn't mean best ..... but, assuming there is a valid and informed choice, it is hard to accept that purchases in those kinds of volumes are all complete idiots. Again, there must be a choice involved. hard for joe office worker for example to "choose" not to buy a windows box since compatibility with everyone else in the office is an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Excuse me for having criteria different than the masses.
    Ahh - the classic contrarian position - most common position of the rebel wannabe.
    It does not exactly "just work" Jack, unless you don't care about copy and paste and also don't need effective call management. Even my dumbphones can copy and paste and also block some calls. And WM can of course copy and paste and has several call blocking/screening apps available for it. Still waiting for either Apple or someone else to release either of these for the iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Just curious, what exactly do you copy and paste to send to all these people? Why not send one email to multiple recipients?

Sure, copy and paste can come in handy, but you speak as its very vital to you. I honestly could count on my fingers and have fingers left over how many times i used that feature on my treo. I'm a cpa so i do use my pda to communicate to clients, partners, etc...a LOT.

Visual voicemail is a huge time saver imo. I get so much voicemail..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    The point I was making is that bigger feature sets don't equate to usability
    True, but "after 5 minutes", people have seen most of what an iPhone can do, whereas it would take weeks to unlock a Treo's potential. I think people can do most of those 5-minute tasks on a Treo just as well.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Just curious, what exactly do you copy and paste to send to all these people? Why not send one email to multiple recipients?

Sure, copy and paste can come in handy, but you speak as its very vital to you. I honestly could count on my fingers and have fingers left over how many times i used that feature on my treo. I'm a cpa so i do use my pda to communicate to clients, partners, etc...a LOT.

Visual voicemail is a huge time saver imo. I get so much voicemail..lol
    Often quite a few people ask the same questions by text. I'm really not in the mood to type the same answer over and over. With my other phones, I can copy and paste the answer right away, since I have already saved pre-arranged drafts or templates. I also will not email or text multiple people and possibly end up revealing phone numbers and email addresses to everyone else, thank you.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12