Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I would like to test this theory. Give me a website that crashes your iPhone and causes "a total reboot", I want to try.
    Howardforums has done that a few times, facebook (full site) did that once. I think its based on a pattern of useage and might also depend on what other 3rd party apps I used before the reboot. Sometimes launching a program like Todo freezes my iPhone and I have to reset it in order for it to be responsive again.

I actually had my iPhone completely reset itself, data and all, after a sync/backup with iTunes when I tried to launch safari. It was odd, but frustrating.

Most of the time, Safari will just exit out to the homescreen, but then apps won't open (3rd party apps, Calendar, Notes, etc.). This will probably be hard to duplicate, but it's what I've been able to narrow it down to.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I think its based on a pattern of useage and might also depend on what other 3rd party apps I used before the reboot.
    Like "I am rich"??

PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Howardforums has done that a few times, facebook (full site) did that once. I think its based on a pattern of useage and might also depend on what other 3rd party apps I used before the reboot. Sometimes launching a program like Todo freezes my iPhone and I have to reset it in order for it to be responsive again.

I actually had my iPhone completely reset itself, data and all, after a sync/backup with iTunes when I tried to launch safari. It was odd, but frustrating.

Most of the time, Safari will just exit out to the homescreen, but then apps won't open (3rd party apps, Calendar, Notes, etc.). This will probably be hard to duplicate, but it's what I've been able to narrow it down to.
    I use howardforums a lot and never really had an issue. You might be right about pattern of usage though. I have had safari close down on me, but never lock up my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Like "I am rich"??

exactly! Best $1000 I've ever spent.

/sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I use howardforums a lot and never really had an issue. You might be right about pattern of usage though. I have had safari close down on me, but never lock up my phone.
    It's rare for Safari to completely reboot my phone. 98% of the time, it just closes out and I just have to clear the cache to get it back up to speed. But once in a while...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12