1.    #1  
    I was just wondering if any of you guys who have the 710C know if Sony sells a Backup Solution on Memory Stick? You know, something like the HS Backup Module and the Palm Backup SD Card. That is one thing that I am very hesitant to give up on my Prism. I really like having the Backup Module.

Also, if Sony does not provide this directly, is there any software that you could install onto the Memory Stick that would allow this? Perhaps take a 16MB or larger Memory Stick and something like Backup Buddy, similar to what we do with our MemPlugs.

Thanks for the information guys.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Backupbuddylike.. hmm How does BackupBuddyVFS sound :-D www.bluenomad.com.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    Backupbuddylike.. hmm How does BackupBuddyVFS sound :-D www.bluenomad.com.
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with the Clie 700 series:

BackupBuddyVFS is designed to work with organizers that support the Virtual File System (VFS), such as the Palm m500 and m505 and the Sony Clie. Please note that BackupBuddyVFS currently does not work with the Sony Clie 700 series.

Hope they get that resolved.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    what?!?!!??!!?!

weird...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Once the OS 4.0 update comes out for the 700 Clie then it should work.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    Once the OS 4.0 update comes out for the 700 Clie then it should work.
    That will definitely solve the problem. (Also, Blue Nomad may even come out with a solution before then -- they're that kind of company.) However, I've read on the Clie Newsgroup on Yahoo that the free cut-down BackupBuddyVFS will work on the Clie -- it's the registered one that has problems with it.

Maybe mikedemo knows for sure...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I got it. it works. 'nuff said

BTW if you use MS mount. you can have that backup memstick behave just like the Springboard Back up module. So as soon as you put the back up memstick in, BackupBuddy starts up.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.