1.    #1  
    I got my Blackberry 8330 last week.

I haven't had a single reset.

My Bluetooth pairs instantly, NEVER spontaneously disconnects, nor does it refuse to connect or RESET the device. I can use the FREE voice dial software through the headset, just like all cheap phones you can get for free.

There are SOOOOOO many features that I had to buy as add-ons for my 700P that are just included by default in the Curve.

I will miss Palm, I spent a lot of $, time and effort trying to make it work half as well as my BB does out of the box!

Palm, I hope you're reading posts like this as you develop Nova. Providing a half baked platform that drives a lot of 3rd party software sales may make your developer community happy but it LOSES customers. Customers are looking for value and are willing to pay for it (neither the Curve nor the iPhone are inexpensive). The overriding concern across ALL customer demographics is not coolness, flexibility, price nor anything else; the device simply has to WORK! ALL the time, EVERY time, without fail! That's what makes the iPOD so successful, that type of success clearly translated to the iPhone and is driving the resurgence of the Mac! That kind of reliability has driven BB sales read their forums no one is threatening a class action suit, there are no open letters to their CEO pleading for an update to make their devices stable.

So I bid you goodbye and farewell. Maybe in two years when I'm ready to upgrade my Curve I'll check out Nova, but I doubt it.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    I have been a Palm OS user since early 1997 and my spouse has been using them since about 1999. This year we both left Palm - I bought a Touch and picked up a Curve for spouse.

In general we are happy with our decision(s) to switch, but spouse does lament the shortage of handy little Palm apps that he has been unable to replace on his BB. And the BB browser kinda sucks.

It's not that his Treo was bad, but his Curve has so many cool features out of the box and it is rock-solid. So is my Touch. And since I am more of a tinkerer than spouse is, I have been able to find all kinds of helpful tweeks for my Touch that have made it a pure pleasure.

I am very sad about leaving Palm. I hope they get their groove back. We will be selling his 755p very soon.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    they might be selling Centros but they're losing more and more customers such as yourselves which continues to hurt them. looks like they're going to have to sell more units and clean house to figure out how to stop their losses or many of us ex-Treo users will have nothing to go back to. hec, even RIM is starting to feel the iPhone effect, but at least they have devices that broader consumer america is starting to find value in.

i'm liking my Curve as well.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    they might be selling Centros but they're losing more and more customers such as yourselves which continues to hurt them. looks like they're going to have to sell more units and clean house to figure out how to stop their losses or many of us ex-Treo users will have nothing to go back to. hec, even RIM is starting to feel the iPhone effect, but at least they have devices that broader consumer america is starting to find value in.

i'm liking my Curve as well.
    You make a great point. Just look at the signatures of the longtime Palm fan-boys (and girls) leaving Palm recently. Most of us have been upgrading throughout our 10 year runs. That's alot of repeat sales. Will new Centro users, as feature phone replacements, do that? Time will tell. Also, how many of Palm's lost souls will be willing to return even if Nova catches up?

Either way, I see Palm as a future case study at the Harvard school of business. ...now that would be fun to write.

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!