1.    #1  
    The iPhone 3G looks very nice and I would love to get one, but I won't go back to AT&T. I am going to hold out and wait to see the Dream. Hopefully it will be on Sprint.

Anyone else interested in this phone?

http://www.everythingdream.com/andro...deos-20080528/
    Not really sure about Android as a whole yet. The videos I've seen are concentrating way too much on the 'pretty touchscreen' features for my liking. My opinion is that its always much easier to add a flashy UI for a touchscreen afterwards, but its the underlying material thats the issue. I'd much rather they have started with a keyboard device and then worked in the touchscreen support later. Maybe that's what they did, and Android will work great with one-hand, using a keyboard, etc, but for all their talk of multiple form factors, all I've seen so far is them trying to make an open-source iPhone alternative.
    Apparently the dream will look like a Tilt. I doubt any new platform will have the productivity software I need for at least two years. We dont all spend our time on facebook.

Surur
    I'm holding onto my Tilt in case I can load a fully copy of the final Android build on it.
    Not holding out exactly, but my Kyocera 6035 finally had an unfixable failure (that is I couldn't solder the dang flimsy little external antenna socket back onto the board this time). Bought something a little less out of date to hold on.
    awesome! my wife and i had those kyoceras. That was an awesome phone for its time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ankh View Post
    Not holding out exactly, but my Kyocera 6035 finally had an unfixable failure (that is I couldn't solder the dang flimsy little external antenna socket back onto the board this time). Bought something a little less out of date to hold on.
    You should donate it to the Smithsonian Institute! I also had the good old 6035 - Kyocera made good PDA phones for the times back then.