Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74
  1.    #1  
    on a music-oriented phone at this day and age? WTF!!

    My wife's 2 year old RAZR has A2DP. Grrrrr.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2. #2  
    I'd say it's more of a data-oriented phone than a music-oriented phone, but whatever.

    Seriously, someone needs to explain to me the point of A2DP. Unless your car supports it, I don't see the point.
  3.    #3  
    Who's going to put 8 gigs or 16 gigs of data on a iPhone?

    (Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I was ranting about iPhone 2)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    I'd say it's more of a data-oriented phone than a music-oriented phone, but whatever.

    Seriously, someone needs to explain to me the point of A2DP. Unless your car supports it, I don't see the point.
    Yep, and let that person also explain to you the point of the cordless phone.

    Surur
  5. #5  
    That's a ridiculous statement. Are you saying wireless headphones are like a cordless phone? A corded phone limits how far you can get away from a wall jack.

    Cordless headphones limit how far your head can get away from your hip pocket. Personally, I like to keep my head and torso in close proximity.

    i also like to listen to music with earphones that:

    a) don't have crappy sound quality (I use shures, for example)
    b) don't look ridiculous attached to my head
    c) don't irradiate my cerebrum

    I get it for the car, but I just don't understand the point of cordless headphones.
  6. #6  
    HELLO. Wireless headphone usage!! It's 2008 and every advanced phone has this, even a few mid range phones.

    And how's the iPod included make it a data-oriented phone more? Plus the web browser. And we can still get YouTube, right? This is still a multi-media phone.

    Which is fine by me. They just need to put on the latest features and not wait a year to do it. That what Palm's for, LOL!



    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    I'd say it's more of a data-oriented phone than a music-oriented phone, but whatever.

    Seriously, someone needs to explain to me the point of A2DP. Unless your car supports it, I don't see the point.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement. Are you saying wireless headphones are like a cordless phone? A corded phone limits how far you can get away from a wall jack.

    Cordless headphones limit how far your head can get away from your hip pocket. Personally, I like to keep my head and torso in close proximity.

    i also like to listen to music with earphones that:

    a) don't have crappy sound quality (I use shures, for example)
    b) don't look ridiculous attached to my head
    c) don't irradiate my cerebrum

    I get it for the car, but I just don't understand the point of cordless headphones.
    I think its more or less the same. You could,for example, put your a2dp phone down on the table while you work out in the gym,and as long as you have good line of sight it should be OK, and you can still change tracks etc, without touching your phone.

    Surur
  8. #8  
    Ok. whatever. For some it's a killer feature (every feature is a killer feature for some), but I just can't see it ever being very useful to me.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I think its more or less the same. You could,for example, put your a2dp phone down on the table while you work out in the gym,and as long as you have good line of sight it should be OK, and you can still change tracks etc, without touching your phone.

    Surur
    Which is exactly one the ways I use my Motorola S9 headset (with my 650). It works out great when I'm on the treadmill or when I am lifting weights.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  10. #10  
    Back when I was a boy we strapped our sony walkmen to our bulging biceps, wired up a pair of oversized sony can headphones, and we liked it! Uphill, both ways.
  11.    #11  
    Maybe SJ just overlooked it in his presentation ... He did not talk much about the BT stack and which profiles are included.

    We'll find out when the complete details are available.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  12. #12  
    I doubt it's there. most new features seemed focussed on the enterprise.
  13. #13  
    But, hey, they finally made the calculator acceptable. I still wrote my own, though. RPN FTW!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Yep, and let that person also explain to you the point of the cordless phone.
    Plug your headphones into your iPhone and put your iPhone in your pocket. Sorted. Your analogy is nonsense because the main bit of cordless phone has to be plugged into the wall socket but an MP3 player doesn't.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    i also like to listen to music with earphones that:

    a) don't have crappy sound quality (I use shures, for example)
    b) don't look ridiculous attached to my head
    c) don't irradiate my cerebrum
    Agreed. Using A2DP headphones also reduces phone battery life and gives you a second thing to charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    I get it for the car, but I just don't understand the point of cordless headphones.
    Me neither.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Plug your headphones into your iPhone and put your iPhone in your pocket. Sorted. Your analogy is nonsense because the main bit of cordless phone has to be plugged into the wall socket but an MP3 player doesn't.
    That logic implies that there should be no demand for the BT headsets that you see people using for phone calls. However, these are very popular. You hardly see anyone using the corded headsets (that came bundled with the Treo, for instance).

    People want the convenience of having no cords, be it for conversation, or music.

    One can get fairly decent audio (at least as good as ear-buds) with A2DP stereo headsets. I see no reason for a device released nowadays that uses music as a selling point (I include iPods and iPhones in this group) to not include A2DP as a feature.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Plug your headphones into your iPhone and put your iPhone in your pocket. Sorted. Your analogy is nonsense because the main bit of cordless phone has to be plugged into the wall socket but an MP3 player doesn't.
    I think he was trying to say you can use both without being dependent on the restrictions of a wired plug in.

    I like the idea because you don't have to worry about accidentally pulling your headphone wire while running, working out, etc. That happens to me a lot and I'm surprised I haven't killed a pair of headphones that way. I'm also really sick of headphone wires dangling off me. It does get annoying. And although I haven't looked fully at the line-up of cordless headphones, sooner or later they will end up looking more sleek and stylish.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    That logic implies that there should be no demand for the BT headsets that you see people using for phone calls.
    I take your point but I really think it's different because once you're listening to music you're likely to keep doing so for a while and not take the headphones off and put them back on frequently as you might with a BT phone headset.

    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    However, these are very popular. You hardly see anyone using the corded headsets (that came bundled with the Treo, for instance).
    True, but back at ya: most people using headphones to listen to music use wired headphones.

    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    People want the convenience of having no cords, be it for conversation, or music.
    Yes to the former, no to the latter (for most people), but ok I'm really just expressing a personal preference here. There obviously are people for whom all the downsides of A2DP headphones are outweighed by not having a cord and Apple probably should cater for those folks (it's just another profile after all), but I'm certainly not one of them. If the battery life and audio quality issues (especially related to the fact that headphone choice is very limited) could be resolved and they could shrink the things down a bit I'd consider, but not as the technology currently stands.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I like the idea because you don't have to worry about accidentally pulling your headphone wire while running, working out, etc.
    Personally I don't have a problem with a Nano in an armband and the cord running across my back, but then I am quite old and slow Again, all things being equal then not having the wire is better than having the wire, but all things aren't equal. Each to his/her own.
  20. #20  
    I think its funny when Apple does something non-standard, like leaving out MMS, they are pushing the future, but when they leave out progressive things other people do its because the technology is not up to snuff yet.

    E-mailing pictures to other phones is just as onerous and cumbersome for some people as using wired headphones are to others.

    Surur
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions