Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Not anymore. AT&T now offers data and text packages for pre-paid, along with voice. It often adds up to be the same as or less than a contract, depending on your usage. In fact, my contract bill is high compared to my pre-paid lines.

    Also unlocked phones do cost more, but for freedom of usage, fine with me! No hot-wired browser, no locked down features, etc.
    Ah, well that is interesting - but I suppose I still like the convenience and being able to keep the number I've had for a while that my business and personal contacts have.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Quality of network?

    I was with verizon for seven years before moving over to sero... nothing wrong with sprints network... heck, on att my cousin's phone won't ring in the house with his att phone... lol

    Far as CS.... I don't call every five minutes asking for a discount so I've not had much interaction with their CS... when I did they fixed whatever issue I had.... even if I found them hard to understand what they were saying.

    Sprint does have its issues.... but I'm not convinced that the network or cs are the major issues.
    In and around Chicago, Sprint continues to have major problems when dialing out on a call, which was my biggest issue with them. But there's a reason why Sprint is getting smaller and everyone else is getting bigger.
  3. #23  
    Really? I had problems with that too, but I thought they fixed it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Quality of network?

    I was with verizon for seven years before moving over to sero... nothing wrong with sprints network... heck, on att my cousin's phone won't ring in the house with his att phone... lol

    Far as CS.... I don't call every five minutes asking for a discount so I've not had much interaction with their CS... when I did they fixed whatever issue I had.... even if I found them hard to understand what they were saying.

    Sprint does have its issues.... but I'm not convinced that the network or cs are the major issues.
    Funny, it was my sprint phone that didn't work to well in the house and in rural areas further north of me, but my AT&T phone works like a charm and I haven't dropped a call anywhere since I joined almost six months ago. It all depends on where you live and how each carriers netwok extends in a given area.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5. #25  
    ^ i know, i know...trivial but +1 here.

    sprint was a non-starter in where i live (los angeles county) but at&t, verizon, and t-mobile all offered "me" better coverage/reception. yes, your mileage may vary.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    How is the argument of it being a minimum $70 plan so incomprehensible to some? We all pay this for our current smartphones with data packages.
    I just set my brother up for $90 for three lines, all with new (free) treos, PV, unlimited Text. He is a four year sprint customer who paid his bills on time.

    Its $30 a line.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I just set my brother up for $90 for three lines, all with new (free) treos, PV, unlimited Text. He is a four year sprint customer who paid his bills on time.

    Its $30 a line.
    Ahh yes - very common. Everyone gets that treatment from Sprint.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I just set my brother up for $90 for three lines, all with new (free) treos, PV, unlimited Text. He is a four year sprint customer who paid his bills on time.

    Its $30 a line.
    There's no question, Sprint is by far the cheapest provider. However, given its phone selection, CS, and network issues, its not worth it to me.
  9. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #29  
    I have not found a single carrier that does not get CS complaints. I generally find that it's the individual CS rep that is the issue for me. So, if I have a problem, I politely end the call and try again. I've never had an issue. Do I agree with all of Sprint's policies, no. But I've never had an issue with dropped calls. When my 755p has had issues (often), they have been fixed quickly, or I've been given a new phone (no charge). There is no beating the SERO plan, PERIOD.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    There's no question, Sprint is by far the cheapest provider. However, given its phone selection, CS, and network issues, its not worth it to me.
    T-Mobile's phone selection is actually worse. The only thing that saves it is use of unlocked phones.

    But I will not go back to Sprint after several messed up bills and horrible CS! When AT&T started carrying better phones, I had no compelling reason to stay with them, not even the price.

    However I will say that AT&T is bending people over with these new iPhone restrictions!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #31  
    I had lots of problems with Sprint billing. Their strategy seemed to be to just add worthless services and raise my bill at random intervals. I had autopay, so I normally didn't pay attention. But every 6 months or so I'd have to call them up and get them to retract months worth of added charges.

    They even sent me a bill for $1.79 the month two months after I called to cancel my service. When I called they tried to explain to me why this was correct because I made a call, apparently three weeks after my phone was deactivated. Took me about 20 minutes to get them to admit it.

    I hate Sprint.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I have not found a single carrier that does not get CS complaints. I generally find that it's the individual CS rep that is the issue for me. So, if I have a problem, I politely end the call and try again. I've never had an issue. Do I agree with all of Sprint's policies, no. But I've never had an issue with dropped calls. When my 755p has had issues (often), they have been fixed quickly, or I've been given a new phone (no charge). There is no beating the SERO plan, PERIOD.
    While your anecdotal evidence is compelling ( ), there are ample surveys in the industry that show clear winners and losers in the CSR category. Sprint never shows up in the top 4 when it comes to customer satisfaction (Hmmm - aren't there like 5 providers? ). Google JD Power - they perform lots of surveys for the wireless industry.
  13. #33  
    Actually his evidence IS compelling, he just doesn't realize how. Calling back more than once to resolve a problem that should have been resolved the first time shows a possible CS problem. And if it happened more than once, even more telling.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions