Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is soo basic. I would love to jump ship from Sprint to Cingular and get teh 3G iPhone but still no copy and paste?

Jesus... what does a guy have to do to get a perfect phone around here...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Doesn't surprise me. Overall, disappointing set of software improvements.
    I'm sure some guy will make it for the App store.
    Not that easy to do, and since you can't have true background apps, and you can't hook global notifications, I don't think it can be done.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I think it's kind of funny how the iPhone has no copy and paste, but I can probably count on two hands how many times I've NEEDED copy and paste on a Windows Mobile device... And I've been using them since 2002.

I understand everyone's needs are different, but realize you're in the minority of users, not the majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearxor View Post
    I think it's kind of funny how the iPhone has no copy and paste, but I can probably count on two hands how many times I've NEEDED copy and paste on a Windows Mobile device... And I've been using them since 2002.

I understand everyone's needs are different, but realize you're in the minority of users, not the majority.
    There are many minorities excluded by the iPhone, which is pretty limited.

All the A2DP users.
    All the MMS users.
    All the TomTom users.
    All the people who demand hard keyboards.

Etc.

Surur
    Why tomtom users? (I've never actually met [in real life] an A2DP or MMS user. I think I've met people who fall in the other two categories. )

When you say tomtom do you mean just the brand? I mean, I've already read today that some other company has announced turn-by-turn driving direction software (or maybe I misunderstand you).
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    There are many minorities excluded by the iPhone, which is pretty limited.

All the A2DP users.
    All the MMS users.
    All the TomTom users.
    All the people who demand hard keyboards.

Etc.

Surur

I would have loved a big surprise at the end of the presentation like video chatting.

People that demand hard keyboards should definately not look to the iPhone. I think that has pretty much been established by now.

What makes you so sure about TomTom? I would be shocked if many companies dont realease gps software.

I want copy and paste, but have never used mms and would wonder why in this day and age where everybody has mobile email I just wouldnt email a picture.
    I am sure the people who already use iPhones are not in the excluded group (for obvious reasons) but the list is pretty lengthy.

How about people who want to record video, or take good pictures? Do these people also not exist? Nokia would like to talk to you then.

Surur
    Video recording is going to be there, and free. Question is whether they are going to add the "walled garden" file system that is rumored, to make recording these things useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I am sure the people who already use iPhones are not in the excluded group (for obvious reasons) but the list is pretty lengthy.

How about people who want to record video, or take good pictures? Do these people also not exist? Nokia would like to talk to you then.

Surur

I'm going to go out on a limb then and say that people that need to record video, would probably want a nokia then (even though s60 totally stinks). Relax Surur, its just a phone. If people dont like the features on the iPhone, there are plenty of substitutes.

Myself, I will be buying the iPhone 2.0 on day 1. However, I am aliitle upset about the extra $10 a month
    Apparently tomtom is coming to the iPhone.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/09/t...ready-to-roll/

Surur
    Currently a 700p (on Verizon) user. Eagerly awaiting the arrivals of Iphone II, Treo 800w/850w, and I'm also looking at the HTC Diamond (not sure if this one is out yet). I've been struggling over which device to go with. And I was so excited to hear about the Iphone II today.

No copy and paste? What a let-down.

I'm not trying to sound obsessive or dramatic but give me a frickin' break. That's such a basic feature that should have been taken care of. Actually, it should have never been a missing feature in the first place (it should have been in the first Iphone).

The Iphone is only on AT&T and there's still no slide out QWERTY board. IMO, that's 2 strikes against it. And now this? Did they at least give us a back button this time?

Sorry for the venting, but --to repeat myself again--it was such a simple, basic feature that should be on any smartphone.

I haven't given up on the Iphone II YET...but right now, I'm leaning towards the 800/850w or the Diamond,
    Brent
    More suckitude: mandatory in-store activation.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    More suckitude: mandatory in-store activation.
    I suspected as much, but where is the link?

Surur
    sorry - lost track of it. It's been on a couple of sites, I think (appleinsider, macrumors). I figured as much too when I saw the apple online store isn't accepting preorders. Guess I'll have to traipse down to the mall next month (the apple store downtown palo alto is right next door to where I work, but I can just imagine the line of people who are going to be there...)
    A2DP is a big deal to me. I don't want wires while jogging, biking or in the gym.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaier View Post
    sorry - lost track of it. It's been on a couple of sites, I think (appleinsider, macrumors). I figured as much too when I saw the apple online store isn't accepting preorders. Guess I'll have to traipse down to the mall next month (the apple store downtown palo alto is right next door to where I work, but I can just imagine the line of people who are going to be there...)
    Well, this puts the kibosh on the iPhone unlocking market. I suspect those queues will be a lot shorter.

Apparently, because the data plan is more expensive, the 3G iphone including contract is in total $40 more than the 3G iPhone.

Surur
    I wonder if the reason for no clipboard has to do with the practicality of selecting text with your finger.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Doubt it. There are countless ways to deal with it. First of all, press and hold/magnifying glass can be used to find the appropriate starting point. Then release and tap and drag to the ending point. The selection highlights and perhaps zooms in when you pause, so you can precisely position the end point.

That second tap and drag would detect that you tapped near the cursor, and perhaps pop something up when you are done to ask whether you want to select or reposition the cursor.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast